Chapter 1

My Step-brother’s Best Friend

PLEASE READ!

A/N

WARNING! This story, including this chapter, has physical abuse, verbal abuse, bad words, and slightly Rated M content. If you are sensitive to any of those, please do not read this story. You have been warned.

Otherwise, enjoy!


Sloppily putting on the piece of duct tape on the last cardboard box, Sora let out an exhausted sigh as she got up. This is really it. She’s finally leaving behind this house. She’s finally leaving this hell hole. Her eyes scanned what was left of this God forbidden house, if it was even okay to call it that. With every step she took, the familiar, but irritating, creaks returned as she grazed her fingertips along the chipped paint on the walls. The memories this house carried haunted her everyday, and carried into the nightmares that scared her to insomnia. Sora stared at the wall across her tiny room and saw her 7-year old self rocking herself back and forth with her eyes closed and her hands covering her ears from the profanities and whips that could faintly be heard.

 

“That’s what you get you !”

 

The sound of a whip echoed sounding like it had no end. She honestly doesn’t know if she was hallucinating or if it was real. She remembered when her nightmares became her reality quickly and even though it’s been a few months, her mind can’t seem to accept the sudden change from abuse to normality.

 

“Sora! The truck is about to leave!”

 

Her vision turned light as everything disappeared in a second, back to the blank wall that stared back at her. She blinked a few times before she processed what her mom yelled a few moments ago. Hurriedly, she took her quite heavy box and scurried downstairs. Sora’s feet stopped right before she reached the front door and her heels turned. Her eyes scanned the empty house.

 

Thank God I’m leaving.

 

She thought.

 

She went outside where the sun shined, counteractive to the gloom that surrounded the house. She stuffed the last box in the truck of the mover’s as her mom told the destination of their new home. She got in the driver’s seat and buckled up as my mother hopped in, looking at her. They turned their heads to the house and her mother sighed.

 

“Say goodbye, Mom.” Sora sighed.

 

Her mom stared at the small house before saying,

 

“Good ing bye.”

 

They both laughed as Sora backed out of the driveway, forever leaving, but not forgetting the forbidden house.

*****

“Mmm…” Namjoon’s girlfriend breathed.

 

His hands disappeared under her shirt and he placed wet kisses along her neck as she sat on top of him on his bed. His girlfriend’s fingers caressed over his bare torso as she laid him back.

 

“Namjoon!” His dad could be faintly heard from downstairs.

 

Namjoon ignored him as he was trying to get it on with his girlfriend. Teen hormones amirite.

 

“Namjoon!” His father called more sternly.

 

“ing hell.” Namjoon cursed as he stopped and gently moved his whiney girlfriend off of him.

 

“I’ll be right back.” He kissed her forehead and left.

 

“What dad?” He annoyingly called and stomped down the stairs, wiping the saliva from his mouth.

 

“Go help your step-sister with her luggage!” His dad yelled from the kitchen.

 

Namjoon stopped in his tracks so fast, almost tripping over his feet.

 

“My… my what?” He whispered, more to himself.

 

Namjoon really hoped his hearing was deteriorating or his father was crazy. Something- anything- except a step-sister he would have to look after.

 

Namjoon looked at the open front door and strode towards it. Hoping his eyes wouldn’t come in contact with an unfamiliar girl. To his disappointment, he saw a girl struggling to take out her small suitcase from the mover’s truck.

 

His father came to his side as he watched Sora’s mother, his fiance, and his soon-to-be step-daughter take their luggage down.

 

Namjoon’s dad was left smiling at his soon to be family, while Namjoon scowled, thinking about how his whole life is about to change… for the worse.


First chapter up! Thoughts? Criticism is appreciated!

I know it's a little slow plot wise right now, but it will speeed up soon!

Also, this chapter is fairly short. Expect longer ones!

Much love, Exoticelf1215