|Part 3|

DR. KIM (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"This is your room from now on." Hanbin said while putting his hands into his pocket and walked into the big spacious room.

You stepped inside as well and finally took a good look at the room. You awed at the beautiful view and to you, it was more than enough. You were very thankful towards him for it. 

"It used to be a guest room before this but now, it's yours." he spoke calmly and peeked quietly to look at your reaction. He saw you were smiling from ear to ear, making the ends of his lips to curl unconsciously as well. "You like it?"

You turned to him and smiled while nodding happily. "This is beautiful. Thank you." you said. Hanbin nodded his head and turned to look out at the window, where the open grass of his front lawn was seen. The room was located on the second floor of the big house which was his and you couldn't help but awe everything that was in the house. You never knew that he was living in such a fancy life. 

How fortunate. you thought mentally.

"From now on, I will call you by the name of Ms Y/n and you will call me Mr Kim as a part of our professional working manners. Be formal with me at every single time. You as my secretary from now on will take care of everything including all my personal problems. You have to do a perfect job because I can't afford to have any mistakes. For your information, I like everything to be perfect. Everything that you do must be beyond my expectations. You have to be loyal to me and be 100% focus towards your work. Do you understand me, Ms Y/n?" he said everything in one shot and that had left you a bit flabbergasted at his sudden command. You sure that he was pretty strict about his work.

"Y-yes." you turned flustered.

He turned to you and made his way to come closer. 

You began to gulp slightly at the sudden change of atmosphere. He was sure different from when you met him in the office about a week ago. He wasn't looking as soft anymore. Instead, he was showing his strictness and as if everything that was happening at the moment was only a piece of his usual work. Maybe this is his true self, you wonder.

Nevertheless, he was now your boss. You could never say no to him anymore. This was the beginning of your work.

"Don't be scared of me or anything. I just want you to do a perfect job. So, just do as I say and you'll be fine, understand?" he raised his eyebrows. You looked up to him and gulped once again out of nervousness. "Yes, Mr Kim." you slightly bowed automatically.

Hanbin suddenly smiled and nodded his head. "Good. I think you're getting it already. I'm sure you're a brilliant student at your college so you must know how to balance between your study and work schedule. Now, get some rest and you'll start with preparing breakfast for me first thing tomorrow. After that, you'll come with me to the office. Now, any question?" he asked this time.

You wondered about a few things and decided to just go ahead and ask him.

You slowly open your mouth to speak.

"Um, who are you actually? I mean, what's your occupation?" 

Hanbin smirked and clicked his tongue loudly.

"I'm a doctor as well as the president of Seoul Medical Centre of Korea. Everything that related to the hospital is under my control and that is also one of the reasons why I have to do a great job in order not to disappoint my parents because they're the one who passed down the business to me." he explained.

You were kind of shocked of his position because it was actually a higher standard position that anyone could ever dream of in a private company business.

 

That explains everything...

 

But then you remembered another thing.

"Where is your sister, Hanbyul?" you asked. Hanbin smiled and clapped his hand once. "Ah, about that. My sister is living with our parents and as you can see, I live in this house alone. You looked around the house and saw all the big, wide open house plan.

 

He sure lives a comfortable life.

 

"So, should I go see her?" you asked again.

He sighed and told you no. "You don't have to do that. She would drop by from time to time so all you have to do is to play with her while I'm gone to work and that's if only I'm busy. If I'm not then I will do it myself." he paused and sighed again. "She's precious to me, you know? I really love her but sometimes I just don't know what she actually wants. She could actually barely talk in full sentence just yet. I'm worried that she might just not be like other kids around her age. I just don't want her to get isolated or anything among her friends." he spoke softly.

At that, you noticed his worried expression and you immediately softened slightly. You just knew that he was actually a family-lover person. He really loves his sister a lot and you respected that. Seeing how he wanted to help his sister to communicate like a normal kid was enough for you to melt on the inside. You thought that he would just stay as a strict person throughout this job but he was sure different at some point.

A that, you showed him a small smile.

"I understand, Mr Kim. I will do my best from now on." you bowed formally and started to feel the desire of working for him in order to help him fix his personal life.

Hanbin smiled as well in satisfaction. "Thank you, Ms Y/n. Anything else before I go?"

You wondered one more time and asked. "Is there any rules or regulations that I must follow, Mr Kim?"

Hanbin flashed his infamous bright smile. He was somehow feeling already satisfied with his choice of choosing you as his personal assistant.

"I'll add more from time to time but for now, between you and me, there shouldn't be any romantic relationship. Just strictly business." he calmly told you. You smiled in relief because you were actually worried about this romantic stuff ever since you were brought into the same house as him. You didn't want anything bad to happen but eventually, you were very thankful that your boss was actually someone different. He was only thinking about professionalism and not anything weird other than that, unlike you. He really was a workaholic.

Somehow, you had also started to feel comfortable working for him.

"Yes, Mr Kim." you obeyed and he made his way out. 

"That's all, Ms Y/n. You should rest now. Remember your first task tomorrow. Good night." he smiled and put his hands in his pocket before leaving from your view. You smiled and nodded to yourself. "He's a pretty good person. I'm really thankful for that. Okay then, I must do a good job!" you gave yourself a speech before turning towards your belongings on the floor, boxes were scattered around the room and you began to unbox them before preparing yourself for bed afterwards.

"I will really try not to make any mistake. He seems to be a perfectionist. I'm not going to disappoint him. That's it, I will do my best!" you nodded to yourself while burning with an energetic spirit.

 

-

 

Next morning.

You set up the dining table nicely and fix the plate of toasts with eggs and bacon one last time before picking up the teapot and poured some tea into the cup for Hanbin. You smiled as you were satisfied with your work.

A second later, your boss came into view. He walked into the room with a serious expression while trying to button up his shirt. Then he sat down without further action. You put down the teapot onto the table again and greeted him.

"Good morning, Mr Kim." You bowed slightly.

"Ah yes, good morning. What a wonderful breakfast you've made here." He complimented and took a bite instantly. You felt nervous because you only cooked food for yourself and your family members. Never for anyone else before.

He munched the food for a while and his expression was unreadable at first. Then he looked at you with a satisfied look on his face. A smile appeared and he opened his mouth to talk.

"I like it. Make this as my everyday breakfast meal, Ms Y/n. Can I have my drink, please?" He said and your heart felt like it had just been washed with the warmest liquid in the universe as you felt very pleased with his words. You quickly nodded and handed him a cup of tea that you had prepared.

 

"Certainly, Mr Kim."

 

He took it with confidence and looked at the liquid in the cup feeling slightly troubled. You suddenly began to lose your calmness. You saw him taking a sip and sighed afterwards.

 

"Ms Y/n, make me coffee the next time you prepare my meals. I really hate tea." He said and you immediately apologized. "I'm sorry. I'll keep that in mind, sir."  You bowed. He smiled after looking at your innocent doings.

"It's fine. You're still learning about my life. Keep up the good work, Now, let's go to the office."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter