|Part 2|

DR. KIM (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stirring in your spot, you buried yourself under the blanket for more warmth. It was really comfortable and you couldn’t even remember when was the last time you got to spend such relaxing night. No wait screw that, when was the last time you even fall asleep?

And that suddenly hit you hard.

Your eyes shot open when you realised that you were not actually in your house, sleeping on your comfy bed at the moment with your own fluffy blanket. Instead, you were woken up inside someone’s office, a really modern-looking office. You sat up slowly and first making sure that you’re wearing your clothes, well a girl’s instinct of course. Looking up again to scan the room, you saw no one was there. You began to question why and how you were actually in that such place. 

“What am I doing here?” You muttered in a low voice. Suddenly, a familiar struck of pain came back into your head. “Ow!” You hissed and you heard the door opened by someone. You immediately turned to him but he was quick enough to walk up to you. “You’re awake?” He asked and you sighed. “Do I look like I’m sleeping now?” You winced once again at the neverending pain, finally remembering about yesterday’s event.

Hanbin scoffed and smiled. “You’re really stubborn just like yesterday. Not to forget a little bit of sarcastic too.” At his words, you finally apologized. “I’m sorry. There’s just a lot of things that I need to take care of right now. They’re giving me headaches.” You told him honestly. Hanbin nodded and stood in front of you. “I can see that too. Here, eat this. It’ll help.” He handed you two pills that were known as painkillers for your headache. He even poured you some plain drink afterwards so that you could eat the medicine. 

“Thank you.” You thanked him for doing so.

He then sighed before looking at your now a bit healthier condition rather than yesterday. He saw that your skin was not as pale anymore so he was glad to see that. You just needed some rest. Hanbin began to open his mouth to speak. “You got a really bad migraine yesterday. Like I said, you’re killing yourself. You’re stressing out too much.” You sighed and swallowed the last pill before looking down at your hands. “I..” you hesitated and seeing that you decided not to continue, Hanbin’s hand urged forward to tuck a strand of your hair gently. “Tell me, how long have you not been sleeping?” He demanded. At the touch, your heart rate immediately accelerated. In your life, you haven’t actually got to date someone, as well as sharing the love with someone. You really didn’t get the chance to do so.

Hanbin noticed that you suddenly turned quiet. He then quickly pulled away from his hand and put it into his white coat pockets. “Sorry.” He mumbled but you shook your head. “It’s fine.”

An awkward silence filled the air but suddenly you remembered about why you were there at the hospital. “How’s my mother, Dr ...?

“Kim. Kim Hanbin.” He said but then he smiled as he looked into your eyes. 

“But since you had already used my comfy couch in my own office to sleep, I insist you call me Hanbin. We’re probably in the same age anyway. What’s your name?” He asked this time with a playful grin. You nodded and slightly smiled too. “I’m Y/n, nice to meet you. Sorry about yesterday anyway.” 

At that Hanbin immediately shook his head. “No need to apologize. I offered you myself to sleep here. It bothers me a lot to see you in such state so I was just trying to be friendly and help you in some ways. Well, I hope it helped though.” You sighed and nodded your head at his kindness. “I really do appreciate that so thank you. And yes, it does help.” The ends of your lips lifted to curl upwards as a small smile.

Then, you stared at him for a while.

“Is my mother going to be alright?” You asked, even though you actually had known the answer. You were scared so that was simply why you couldn’t handle it so you wanted to ask for confirmation. Hanbin sighed as he thought about it. “The surgery was a success. She’s fine now but,” he shook his head and took a deep breath before finishing. “She doesn’t have much time left. I’m sorry. We really did our best.” 

Smiling bitterly with trembling lips, you turned to look at your hands. “It’s okay. I already saw it coming.” Your voice came out to a whisper. That had made him fell to his knees to crouch in front of you. “Hey, you need to be strong.” He said and pulled your face towards him and his hands rested on both of your cheeks in the softest manner. Feeling the warmth and the sadness for your mother, you shed a tear. You looked at him as he gently wiped those tears away. 

Why would he care about you? 

“I’m sorry for bumping into you yesterday.” You told him. He shook his head and caressed your face. “It’s fine. I got no problem with that. In fact, I was the one who made your hand like this.” He showed you the already neatly bandaged hand of yours. You looked up once again. “You treated the wound?” 

He nodded.

Your heart fluttered at his answer. “Thank you. I said that a lot but I really do mean it each time I say it. So, thank you very much.” Hanbin flashed his best smile, hoping to help to ease your pain away. “I’ll be taking care of your mother’s case from now on. So, don’t worry much.” 

At that, your ears perked up. “But the problem is that...” you hesitated. Hanbin waited for a while for you to continue but just like yesterday, you decided to shake the topic away. “Nothing. It’s none of your concern anyway. Just please make sure she could live longer. I need her.” You replied sadly and Hanbin raised his eyebrows at your answer. 

“What, no. Tell me.” He seriously demanded. You were actually taken aback by his reaction. Why does he really wants to know about it? 

Feeling ashamed of the real problem, you turned away. “Y-you really shouldn’t know about it. I think I can handle it.” Hanbin shook his head when he grew curious. “No, I’m in charge of your mother’s health now so I NEED to know.” He stated the matter of fact. Therefore, thinking hard about his words, you finally burst into tears. You really couldn’t hold it in anymore. “I-I need to find another job. I couldn’t afford to pay the hospital bills, then there goes my medical college tuition fees. I don’t have anyone else in this world anymore. This is just how I live since my dad got divorced from my mother and he was already nowhere to be found.” You confessed. Hanbin was actually genuinely surprised by that. He only turned speechless as he was thinking about how you were living before this. He really couldn’t even imagine it. Being born into the already wealthy family was his luck. Being inherited to be the next heir as the president of Seoul Medical Centre of Korea was also his luck. 

He really didn’t actually believe that there were such people out there who was still needed help while he was just busy living his fancy life, wasting money here and there most of the time. How ungrateful he was feeling at the moment. He felt bad of course. Seeing you in such state was making a great impact on him. He could only stare at you in disbelief. However seconds later, someone knocked on the door before opening it instantly. 

“Hanbin-ah, I need you to sign—“ as Bobby got inside, he paused when he saw you were together with Hanbin in the office. “Sorry, I didn’t notice that you have a visitor.” He apologized quickly. You wiped off your tears in embarrassment. “You heard enough.” You said to Hanbin before quickly left him kneeling on the floor, walking passed Bobby as he gave you a small smile. You slightly bowed at him in return.

Bobby then turned to Hanbin. “Isn’t that the girl from yesterday?” He asked curiously while pointing towards your figure as you had walked further away. Hanbin relaxed and sighed. He nodded his head before picking himself up from the ground and onto the couch. Throwing himself, he cupped his face with both of his hands, trying to process everything that had happened since yesterday he had met you. “Yeah.” He simply answered. Bobby raised his eyebrows. “Well, what is she doing here...especially with the blanket too? YOUR blanket.” He emphasized some words. Hanbin stared at him as a return.


“Bobby,” he called.


“She’s the one who had bumped into me yesterday.” He said and that had made Bobby widened his eyes in amusement. “Really? What a coincidence! A really... beautiful, mesmerizing coincidence.” He wiggled his thick eyebrows, making Hanbin rolled his eyes as a return as he knew what he was actually pointing out about. “Whatever, Bobby. Why are you even looking for me anyway?” He changed the topic, already feeling tired by the long hours of surgery he had attended.

“Well,” Bobby started and gave his friend a file of documents. “You need to sign all these papers.” Hanbin widened his eyes. “No-uh, you know I hate sitting and reading all those—“ 

“Alright, see ya. I have a patient now!” Bobby grinned and cut him off right before Hanbin could finish his own sentence. 

“Wait, what? BOBBY!!” He yelled but his friend had already left while grinning in satisfaction. That only made Hanbin sighed in disbelief. “What the hell..” 


-

A week later.

You hung your apron in the locker as you were talking with your work colleague. “S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter