Chapter 3 – So It's You

Destiny – an iKON Soulmate!AU Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because of your unique and unusual response to music, you stayed away from bars and parties as much as you can, especially when you went to college and your new friends do not exactly appear to be as good as your friends back in high school. One night though, when you were literally dragged out of your bed by your roommate to go to a house party hosted by one of the most popular students in your university (aka your roommate’s ultimate crush and prospective soulmate), and you are already sure that this night will turn into a disaster…. Until you meet him.

 

“What is she doing?”

“Her dance is off-beat.”

“Uhhhhh is she drunk already?”

“______, are you okay?”

You already know from the start that this party will turn out to be a disaster.

Or maybe not, in just a few hours.

“______, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssse!!!!”  Chaeyoung shook you to the core while you lay comfortably on your bed, the long hours of classes and your part-time job taking its toll on you.  There is a slight headache forming on top of your right eye, and your whiny, loud, and crying roommate is not making things even better.

“Chaeyoung, I’m tired, and I don’t want to go to your prospected soulmate’s party!”  You groaned before grabbing the pillow next to you, shoving it on your face to hide yourself from your roommate/intruder before you slap her with the same pillow you are holding.

“Come on, ______, you haven’t been out there since we started college, and that has been three years, you’re technically rotten, why don’t you enjoy yourself for once?  Midterms are ending, you need to let some steam off.”

Easier said than done.

“The only way I can let some steam off is if you let me sleep until the next day without interruptions, thank you.”  You murmured against the pillow on top of your face and you roll your eyes when Chaeyoung continued to whine.

“______, please???  I really need to be there, Jennie is not in the dorms tonight and Lisa is on night shift at the café and Jisoo is already dead- drunk from another party so I cannot drag her with me. You’re the only one who can help me out!”  She whines and tries to pull the pillow off of your face.

“Why don’t you just go alone?”  You didn’t see it but your roommate just rolled her eyes dramatically.

“I can’t be too obvious!  And it’s awkward coming to a party all alone, but maybe you don’t know that since you haven’t been to one, SO COME ON!”  She pulls at the pillow hard and you had to let it go, you just don’t have the energy to keep it with you anymore.

“Chaeyoung, I don’t do parties, okay?  Just try to grab someone there and pretend you’re with her, I’m sorry.  I really can’t go with you.”  You lifted your blanket to your face to avoid the pout and the pleading eyes from your, well, cute roommate.

You heard a huge puff and loud stomping of feet against the wooden floors of the barely livable female dorms near the university.

Then you heard a few scrambling here and there, soft and barely hear-able thuds from below you.  What is your roommate doing?

Minutes had passed and you heard the loud squeal of what sounded like victory of your roommate.  You wanted to ignore it, but the weird happiness laced on Chaeyoung’s voice made you doubtful.

You removed the blanket from your face and your eyes went wide as saucers when Chaeyoung stood next to your bed, holding your favorite panda plushie that was given by your high school classmates – with a pair of scissors on her other hand, her smile devilish and there is a mischievous glint behind her brown, cat-like eyes.

.

A person’s body will move almost against the owner’s will whenever music is being played.

It is a rare symptom for those who haven’t found their soulmate yet.  At first, people or even your teachers or doctors do not believe that the effect of music in your body is the urge to dance, or just move or sway your body mindlessly, despite you not hearing anything. However, after some tests and practices, they had considered your symptom as a rare case, and they are not sure if there were any other people out there who had experienced the same thing.

If you are to be honest, you are slightly okay with it.  You’d rather be dancing stupidly over an unheard music than feel tingles up your spine, or maybe experience pain just like one of the students you’ve seen when you passed by the Engineering building one Saturday morning.  

You saw the poor girl lying on her back on the school garden and some students surrounding her, one is playing a toy piano and you can see her clutching her chest and breathing difficultly.   There were some school staff who had shooed the bullies away and you noticed that one boy had grabbed the toy piano and destroyed it then and there.  You would want to see what would happen next but you remembered that you have to study for one of your major subjects – so you hurried to the library a few floors up.

Based on what you’ve heard from one of the students whom you were walking up with, she haven’t met her soulmate yet, and the effect of music in her is pain, and some students bullied her because of that, despite the tight security surrounding the university for people with special cases like her.

Despite you being rather OK with your situation, it still doesn’t completely sit well with you.  Not everyone is aware of your reaction towards music, because it is not normal, so you will definitely be judged if they would see you like that.  So, once you entered college, you avoided the usual hang out places of common students, cafés with live bands, festivals, parties, and bars, especially those that are being held outside the school, since those are not sensitive to those who do not have soulmates yet.

When Chaeyoung threatened to cut the head of your most favorite plushie in the world, you had prepared yourself to be drowned in pure embarrassment that night, and maybe plan on how to officially kill Chaeyoung to repay you for the upcoming downfall of your uneventful college life.

 

“HYUNG.  DON’T YOU DARE.”  Jiwon screamed out loud when his roommate, Seunghoon, holds his favorite Winnie the Pooh plushie, one hand on the head and one on the body of the poor, worn out toy, threatening to rip the little thing in half.

“You know the magic word, Jiwon-ie…” Seunghoon flashes his evil grin and Jiwon was forced to slump on the small couch behind him, hands on his hair as he contemplates his life decisions.

“One…”

“HYUNG, you know how I feel about parties-“

“Two…”  Seunghoon stretches the toy apart and Jiwon’s small eyes widened, his hands extending in front of him.

“Seunghoon-hyung, please!!!”

“Three…”

When Jiwon hears a tiny sound of cloth ripping, he yells a couple of yeses, totally giving up and giving in to his hyung’s request, and the taller male jumps and wiggles his whole body in joy as he throws the toy in Jiwon’s direction and the younger quickly cradled the poor stuffed toy in his chest, apologizing to his companion since childhood, checking his neck to see if his hyung has caused it a serious damage.

“Yah Kim Jiwon, get dressed and follow me if you don’t want your Pooh to die!!”  His hyung shouted from the bathroom and Jiwon sighed heavily before dropping his tired body on the couch grunting silently to let out his frustration.

While he rummages through his closet for a decent outfit for his future most embarrassing moment of his boring college life, aka the party, he is secretly planning on how he would expose his hyung keeping a puppy inside their dorm, or maybe kill the puppy.

Oh no, he cannot do that to a poor dog.

So he can just kill his hyung, he guesses.

It is starting.

As soon as you entered the huge house of Chaeyoung’s crush aka prospect soulmate, you can already feel the weird vibrations on your limbs.  You cannot hear any music, but you can see a couple of people on the dance floor already dancing and swaying to it, and, it is a party, so for sure there is music, you just can’t hear it.

Chaeyoung beamed, she cannot hear music, but the effect on her is lighter, she can just feel tingles up her spine which makes her feel giddy (or tipsy, as you want to call it but she never agrees).  You two quickly entered the house and scanned the room. You had spotted a few of your friends at one corner near the makeshift bar where red cups full of booze are lined up to be picked up by people.

“Chaeyoung, I don’t thi–“

“Oh, ______!  You’re here!  It’s the first time that I am seeing you in a party!”  Nayeon wraps an arm around you, smelling slightly of alcohol and you put on a fake smile, well, it does help that she is beside you because your toes and fingers are starting to itch uncomfortably.

Next thing you know, you have a red cup in hand and you were forced to drink it in one go because they said that you are a party so that is the condition.  You can feel the urge to dance but you were trying to hold it in, but with alcohol in play, you are not sure if that can be controlled any further.

“Come on ______!  You can do it!”  Chaeyoung’s voice rang against your buzzed ear and you did as told, gulping the beer in one go and you grimaced at the taste of malt coating the insides of your mouth and throat.

It wasn’t that bad.

Oh well, it is bad.

You are pacing back and forth from where you are standing, swaying your feet or your arm to relieve the weird effects of the music on your body.  Your classmates whom you and Chaeyoung had decided to stick with do not seem to notice, because they were all busy talking about something else.  Most of them would have soulmates, so they can hear the songs, and Chaeyoung just tried to follow them, the effect on her doesn’t really make her look weird.

You tried to copy them, but your body is telling you to do something else.  You know that if you follow them, you would look like . After a few minutes, Seungyoon appeared out of nowhere and Chaeyoung was pretty much smitten when the boy asked her if she can talk for a few minutes.  Of course Chaeyoung went with him, it was the chance that she was looking for.

After the third cup, you completely lost control of your body, the music might’ve been turn up a little higher because you are no longer aware of what you are doing.  Your body moves to its own accord, dancing to the unheard music that you are 100% sure do not match, at all. 

 

Jiwon can feel the desire to dance and move his body as soon as he enters the huge, mansion-like house of his senior Seungyoon. He had seen the man talking to a pretty girl earlier when him and Seunghoon reached the house.  He just gave them a small nod when they saw him, and Seunghoon was already leading him to the makeshift bar.

He sat at one of the stools near the kitchen, swaying his feet and arms awkwardly to try and avoid the growing need to just sway against the unheard beat.  Seunghoon handed him a red cup with beer and he started drinking it, all the while just staring at nowhere in particular while slightly wiggling his body.

He tried to focus on anything but the weird sensations coursing through his veins.  It will be really embarrassing once people finds out that he acts that way whenever there’s music.  This is the reason why he always says no to his friends whenever they want to hang out. Seunghoon had met his soulmate already so he can hear music, and his other friends who haven’t met their soulmates yet do not exactly have the same kind of sympto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter