Chapter 1 - Cliché

Destiny – an iKON Soulmate!AU Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A busy Monday morning in the city, a cup of coffee in hand, and a beautiful boy with a mole that has a shape of a heart on his cheekbone – you are positive that your life is full of weird, but good kind of weird clichés.

 

“Your usual?”  

The native-Thai female barista that goes by the name Lisa smiles at you as soon as you approach the counter.  You’ve been coming to this café since your early college years and now that you had graduated and found your first job, you still drop by to get your daily dose of caffeine at the same place.  Lisa is one of the crew members who have been part-timing for the longest time, so it is not shock that she had already recognized what you order often.

“If you can add a packet of creamer and replace one sugar please?”  You smiled and Lisa nodded, punching on her POS before handing you your receipt, gesturing for you to wait for your drink at the other side of the counter so that she can entertain other guests.

You stood in front of the claim counter, waiting for your drink as you stare at your watch – you are still early for work, where you had started about a month ago, and you are pressured, but it’s a good pressure since your boss had always been good to you, as well as your co-workers, so you enjoy every moment with them, inside or outside work.

Your eyes unconsciously roam around the café and your eyes automatically fell on some couples sitting either next to each other or across each other, the love and affection almost bursting out of your eyes. You find these people lucky to have found their significant other already, and they seem to be a little younger than you because some of them are still in their school uniforms.

Even though you always tell your friends that you are totally fine with not finding your soulmate when you are nearing the quarter-life, you are a little lonely, and, deep inside, you wanted to meet them. Also, more than half of your friends had already met their soulmates, like Jennie, who happened to be soulmates with her worst enemy back in high school, Mino, and they just realized it when they found themselves in the same company to do their internship.

“I just… felt it.  I don’t know how to explain it, but you’ll know, you know?”  You remember Jennie’s answer when you and your other friend Jisoo had asked her how it happened and how did she find out.  You thought that it was a little stupid, really, isn’t there a reason why things are happening or why you feel something?

You were snapped out of our reverie when the barista called out your name for your coffee and you quickly took it, making your way out of the café to venture the busy streets of Seoul on the way to the bus station.

Running in heels with a half-full coffee in hand?  Great.  What a way to start the week.

The bus that you’re riding had met a minor accident on the road, which caused a heavy delay in basically everything. Now, you only have 5 minutes to not be late for work, which is quite impossible, because the bus station is about 10 minutes away from your office building.  Running can be an option, just like what you are attempting to do, but with the heels that you are wearing, you’re not sure if running can even make a difference in reaching the office in, now, just four minutes.

You cursed under your breath when you stepped on the side walk just when the light turned red.  Great.  Now you need to wait a minute and a half to be able to cross the intersection.  Just your luck.

You stomped your feet and fiddled with the carton wrapper of your coffee cup as you stare at the timer overhead.

120 seconds.

Damn.  You really are gonna be late for work.

When the sidewalk traffic lights finally turned green, you immediately cross the road, walking on the pedestrian lane of the intersection that leads you to the right side of the other side of the street, where your office building is just a few blocks away.  You grabbed your phone quickly to call Chaeyoung, your friend and co-worker, to let her know that you will be a few minutes late because she might worry and your manager might be looking for you.

Since you are busy fiddling with your phone, you didn’t notice another person from the other side of the street walking towards the opposite direction.

“His soulmate was Jennie?”  Jinhwan asks his roommate Seungyoon as he fixes his work clothes – it was his first day at work and it was still early to prepare, but he wanted to make sure that he won’t be late so that he can make a good impression on his boss.

“Yeah, can you believe that?  Those two have been bickering since forever – Mino cannot even explain how he felt that day.”  Seungyoon rearranges himself on his bed while his eyes are glued to his phone.

“What did he say when you asked him?”

“He said that he just felt it, nothing else.”  Jinhwan laughs at Seungyoon’s statement.  He never believed that soulmates would meet and just feel that they are soulmates.  He had heard stories of symbols or permanent tattoos would show up on your bodies when it’s about time to meet your other half, which is even weirder than just feeling it.

“I really don’t understand how it works either, so it’s makes the two of us.”  Seungyoon yawns out loud before stretching his arms above his head – groaning that he needs to shower since he still have classes and Jinhwan already waved goodbye, walking his way out of their apartment towards the bus station.

Jinhwan still has about an hour before work when he gets off of the bus at the designated bus stop.  He walked leisurely towards the intersection so that he can cross the road, thinking if he should grab some coffee and pastry from the nearby coffee shop.  He is feeling a little giddy and excited about going to work – finally having the opportunity to showcase his knowledge and what he had learned for the last 4 years that he was in school.

The traffic lights turn red so he can now cross the road, looking straight ahead as the pool of people from the other side started to walk as well, so it is going to get a little crowded and he wanted to avoid bumping into someone uncomfortably and cause any trouble.

The young boy just didn’t know what is ahead of him.

“Why is this girl not picking up!!”  You muttered under y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter