THE SURGERY

MAKE ME REMEMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu woke up and the first thing she realizes is that she’s lying on a bed inside a very white room. Different from their bedroom back in Seoul and she assumes she’s in the hospital again. Mina has her head leaning on the bed beside her while she sat on a chair.

Tzuyu has IV fluid attached on her right hand. There was no one else in that room beside the two of them. It was so quiet for her and even if she doesn’t like disturbing Mina from her sleep she had to or she would go berserk because of the silence.

“Minaring,” Tzuyu called once and it seemed to work on Mina. She used to be so stubborn when someone wakes her up but because she had to take care of Tzuyu her senses became more alert. “You’re awake? What do you need? Where does it hurt?” Mina asked immediately. Tzuyu is really happy that she has Mina who’s willing to take care of her even if she’s pretty useless because of her current situation.

“I’m good but how long have I been out?”

“You’re out for about three days now. You had a really bad head ache and the doctors here gave you a strong dosage of pain killers.”

“Three days?!”

“Shh, don’t shout. The room is not sound proof and I’m pretty sure there are other people at the other room.” Tzuyu calmed down then proceeded to ask her questions again. “How about the tickets I asked from Mom?” She asked and Mina quickly smiled.

“We used them.”

“Huh? Did you give it to other people or did you ask mom to rebook it?”

“Silly, there is no need for a rebook.”

“But why?”

“We’re already in Taiwan,” Mina smiled and it’s obvious that she’s quite excited but Tzuyu isn’t. She’s confused as heck and doesn’t understand what’s going on.

“H-how?”

“After your mom found out you fainted after the proposal she begged us to bring you back here,” Mina replied. It kind of answered Tzuyu’s questions but she’s upset that she might have made her mom worry too much.

“Where is she then?”

“She’s currently talking to your doctor.”

“Why? What for?”

“You were having a seizure hours before you woke up and you made us worry. She’s currently talking to your doctor about that. While we wait, I suggest you to rest,” Mina said and pushed Tzuyu back on her bed since she was planning to get up.

“But I already slept for three days,” Tzuyu whined. It was cute and hard to resist but Mina managed. She had to shush Tzuyu because she kept whining, it wasn’t the kind of annoying whine, and also forced her to lie down.

While Mina is trying to manage the childish Tzuyu the latter’s Mom entered the room with a doctor by her side. Mina stood up straight and Tzuyu stopped moving around, it’s the effect her mom could give them.

“I see that you’re awake Ms. Chou,” the doctor greeted her. “Yeah,” Tzuyu awkwardly replied and gave a smile. “Will you agree with me if I say that your most recent episode is the worst?” the doctor asked and Tzuyu simply nodded. There is no point in lying anyway since even if she denied it wasn’t the worst, why would she be sleeping for three freaking days?

“You see, the cancer cells in your brain is rapidly multiplying and it has been affecting a lot of your healthy cells. With it multiplying in a very fast pace and damaging your healthy cells, the tumor is growing thus the more frequent headaches and the unbearable pain,” the doctor explained to them.

“What do you suggest we should do then Doctor?”

“I suggest that you have a surgery as soon as possible. If it could be tomorrow then it should be done tomorrow. If not then it would be hard for us to remove your tumor and assure a good recovery. The facilities wouldn’t be a problem since your mother has readied us for this weeks earlier.”

Tzuyu looked at her mother’s side to see her reaction about this. She confirmed that her mom knew this earlier before them since she isn’t that hysterical as usual. Tzuyu then looked at Mina’s side and saw that her lover is in the verge of crying so she hugged her by the waist and comforted her.

“Um, let me talk about this with my family first.”

“Sure thing Ms. Chou, I’ll leave you on your own.”

The doctor left and that was Mina’s cue to release her tears. “Tzuyu please do the surgery,” Mina cried. Tzuyu hugged her tighter and said soothing words. Her mother still stood by the door quietly watching the young couple.

“I will Mina but marry me first. Marry me tomorrow then right after that I would do the surgery,” Tzuyu said and Mina continued to cry. “I know Mom will ready everything, right Mom?” Tzuyu looked at her mother’s direction.

“Of course Tzuyu-ah, anything for my princess.”

~~~~~

After that confrontation, the hospital let Tzuyu to be discharged for the preparation of her wedding. Her friends also came as soon as they heard the news. The travel wasn’t a problem since her mother made sure they’d be picked up by their private plane.

The couple are currently resting on a resort where their wedding will be held. Her mother’s people are doing everything for the preparation. They knew what Mina and Tzuyu wanted just from their personalities and the profile given to them in advance.

“Are you excited?” Tzuyu was playing with Mina hair while the latter rest on her chest. “I am, are you?” Mina asked back and hugged Tzuyu tighter. Just thinking about seeing Tzuyu at the middle of the aisle while she walks is exciting her.

“I am excited but at the same time I am scared,” Tzuyu replied truthfully. Mina backed away slightly so she could see Tzuyu’s face. “You don’t have to be scared Tzuyu, I will be there by your side no matter what happen,” Mina reassured her and kissed Tzuyu on the lips.

After their lips parted someone knocked on the door. It was probably just her mother’s assistant, telling her that their friends had arrived already. Both Tzuyu and Mina got up from the bed to welcome them.

“Tzuyu how are you?” Jihyo was the first to ask. She wore that worried face that made Tzuyu upset because she’s guilty for making them worry. “I got a bit better. I had a strong dosage of pain killers and I’m guessing its effect hasn’t worn out yet because I don’t feel like dying,” Tzuyu tried to joke but it only earned her a smack on the arm from Mina.

“I was just joking,” Tzuyu defended herself but Mina only gave her a glare. “Just don’t kid like that again,” Nayeon said since there’s no way Mina would talk to her soon.

“Is the wedding really tomorrow?” Sana asked once they settle down on the living room. “It has to be,” Tzuyu replied. “Why?” Chaeyoung asked. Tzuyu doesn’t know how to answer that because even for her it’s a complicated topic.

“I need to have a surgery ASAP but I really want to marry Mina first before that,” Tzuyu answered while Mina kept quiet. It didn’t surprised them nor did they expect that. It was a fifty-fifty thought for them. “Will you have your surgery here?” Dahyun asked and Tzuyu simply nodded.

“We’ll visit you as often as we could all though out your recovery period,” Jungyeon promised and it touched Tzuyu’s heart. She really had good friends and she will forever cherish them.

~~~~~

The wedding day came. Saying Tzuyu is nervous is an understatement. She couldn’t believe she’s actually about to stand in front of hers and Mina’s family and friends to pronounce their undying love for each other.

Momo stood by her side being the “best woman” while they wait for Mina. “You’ll do good Tzuyu-ah so don’t be worried,” Momo calmed her best friend and it seemed to work not until the music started to play. Dahyun also offered to play the piano for their wedding which is why she wasn’t a candidate to be Tzuyu’s best woman.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter