A Day With Taemin

I'll Love You Until Forever Ends

The next morning I made sure to wake up extra early so I could get up and leave without a trace. But when I came out of my room I smelled something: French toast, eggs, and bacon.

                I headed out into the kitchen to find Taemin setting up two plates of breakfast. He was all dressed and was pulling out food from out of a bag.

                “What’s going on?” I asked.

                Taemin looked up at me and smiled. “Breakfast, what else?”

                “Breakfast?”

                “Yup. Got up early and bought it from the restaurant down the street. Now hurry up and eat it before it gets cold.”

                I hesitantly walked up to the dining room table. I definitely wasn’t expecting this.

                “How’d you know that I was going to get up earlier than usual?” I asked him as I sat down.

                Taemin smirked. “I know you better than you think, Soojung.”

                I looked at him for a while before digging into my plate of food. “So do you have anything planned for today?”

                “Actually, I do.”

                I put my spoon down. “Really.”

                “Yup. And it includes you.”

                “Huh?”

                “You heard me.” Taemin’s smile grew wider. “You and I, are going to spend the whole day together. It’s Saturday, let’s have some fun.”          

                “No way,” I said, crossing my arms, “am I spending a whole day with you.”

                “Oh really?” Taemin raised a brow. “Is that any way to treat the guy who practically saved you from getting last night at the party?”

                Oh, . That was a good card.

                Taemin smiled even bigger at his victory. “Exactly. So you should hurry up and get changed because I have a lot of things planned for us.”

                “Oh, great,” I moaned.

                Taemin ignored this and dumped his empty plate into the sink. “It’s going to be a day to remember.”


 

                “Where are we going first?” I asked as I got into Taemin’s car.

                “Bowling.”

                “You’re kidding me.”

                “No, I’m not.”


 

                I closed one eye, holding the bowling ball in one hand. I pulled my hand back and let it go, the ball rolling down the lane.

                Until it landed in the gutter.

                Again.

                I groaned in frustration. “Can we just leave?” I asked Taemin as he sat in the chair below the scoreboard. He was laughing.

                “No way, this is fun.”

                “Yeah, for you, because you’ve been winning every game,” I said.

                This was true. In the last 3 hours, Taemin had won 5 rounds out of 5 with incredibly high scores. While I haven’t even knocked down a single pin. Shame.

                “Well, I’m not going to just stand here and lose. I’m leaving whether you like it or not.” I grabbed my purse and walked out of the bowling alley.

                Two minutes later, I hear footsteps running up to me. “Don’t leave me just yet,” Taemin said, grabbing my wrist to stop me. “I have another place I want to take you to. This was just a warm up.”

                To be honest, I didn’t want to leave his side just yet. “Where are you taking me?”

                Taemin smiled. “A place you’ll love.”

 

               

                “Wahhhh, those ponies are so cute!”

                “Haha, I knew you’d like them.”

                Taemin had brought me to the zoo. It may have been the most childish place ever but I liked it there. No one was there to judge me. Only Taemin. And I was fine with that.

                After the zoo Taemin and I caught a movie at the local theater. We laughed like crazy at the super hilarious parts and finished two rounds of popcorn. I’ve got to admit, I was having a really nice time with him. I felt so free and happy. To be honest, I’ve never felt this happy in my entire life. Even when I went around with Minho, I’ve never felt this way.

 

Listen to (It’s Love by Taeyeon & Sunny): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRpV1f4bKmk

 

                After the movie Taemin and I walked around on the night streets for a while before we went to the park. It was pretty late, and the stars had come to spread themselves across the sky. Taemin and I had ended up lying on our backs against a grassy hill, just staring up at the twinkly stars. It was really relaxing, quiet, and peaceful, and I liked it that way.

                “Soojung…,” Taemin suddenly said softly.

                “Hm?”

                “Do you ever feel like your time’s running out?” Taemin asked me.

                “Running out for what?” I questioned.

                Taemin shrugged. “I don’t know…for anything…”

                “Like a race? Or like a basketball game or something?”

                “Something like that…”

                “Is something wrong, Taemin?” I said, turning over on my side to look at him.

                Taemin smiled a small bit. “No, it’s nothing.”

                There was still that weird aura in the atmosphere though and deep in my gut I just knew that something was wrong. I didn’t know what, or how I felt it, but I just had a feeling. But I chose to ignore it, and let it pass as I laid back down on my back.

                “Soojung?” Taemin’s voice came across my ears again. “When I was gone…did you ever forget about me?”

                I felt my heart skip a beat at his question, and I suddenly felt the pain go through my heart again. That summer, when he left, was one of the hardest moments of my life. I then thought back: did I ever really forget him? Maybe I’d forced myself to think that I did, maybe after all these years he’d still been lingering somewhere in my mind, in my heart. Maybe, I’d never forgotten him at all…

                I swallowed hard, and focused my eyes on the stars. “No,” I said quietly, but I could tell that Taemin still heard me. “You never left.”

                I felt Taemin smile beside me. “You never left my mind either. You know that, right?”

                I smiled a bit. “Yeah…I do.”

                “Good,” Taemin replied softly, so soft that I wasn’t sure if he’d said it or not until I actually thought back to it.

                Feeling the cold night air swirl around me, I closed my eyes, just wanting to enjoy this moment. But then I felt Taemin shift beside me, and opened them. Slowly, as my eyelids opened, Taemin’s beautiful face came into view. He’d placed himself so that his face was right above mine, and for a moment we just stared at each other, getting lost in each other’s eyes. He looked so handsome at that moment, his face seemed to glow and his eyes…his eyes were sparkling, like the bright stars in the sky. Those eyes shifted towards my lips and that was when I noticed how fast my heart had been beating. Taemin eyes went back to me and before I knew it he was leaning down, closer and closer, until our lips finally touched. I stayed where I was, and at that precise moment when our lips met, I could feel my heart explode. And it felt as if a bunch of fireworks had been ignited in my heart and was now flowing throughout my body, like an electrical current. I felt like I was flying, like I was being lifted off the ground. I felt the loneliness in my heart float away, and the other half of it coming back and putting itself back together. Taemin…Lee Taemin had been my other half…all along…

                Taemin softly, gently pulled away and looked into my eyes again. Why? Why did his eyes seem so-

                “Soojung…,” he said quietly, and so gently that I could feel the adoration in his voice. “Soojung…” And then he kissed me again, our lips softly touching, and he ran his fingers through my hair, kissing me with so much emotion that it made me want to cry. And I really thought that I had been when I felt something wet run down my cheek. But then I realized that it wasn’t coming from me…it was coming from Taemin.

                Taemin…was crying. And maybe then I should’ve stopped kissing him and asked him why he was, but I didn’t want the moment to end. I wanted to keep being with him, close like this. So we kept kissing each other, our lips softly, gently grazing each other’s, until Taemin broke it and said that it was getting late and that we should both head home. When I saw his face in the moonlight again I realized that he’d stopped crying, and he looked almost fine. Except for the faint wet streaks of tears running down on his cheeks, not dry yet. He drove me home, but it was so silent, and I knew that something was wrong.

                I should’ve asked him that too…but I didn’t, and to this day I still can’t find the reason why I never asked him why he cried or why he was so silent on that car ride home, even though he should’ve been completely happy.

                I should’ve known that something was wrong, but to be honest, I didn’t want to believe that something could ruin us. So I’d kept my mouth shut.