Chapter 3 – ‘YoonYul’

Secretive

We rode in two different cars. I’m in the same car with Yuri, Taeyeon and Seohyun. The rest of the members are in another, including Jessica.

“Yoona” Yuri tugged me from behind, interrupting me from reading my drama script.

“I’m so jealous about Jessica and Tiffany” Yuri said. She has no idea how jealous I am about them too.

I glanced at Taeyeon who was sleeping soundly beside me and turned to Yuri.

 “So?” I said warily.

“So… let’s hook up!” Yuri giggled. I don’t know what’s so amusing. “We can be ‘YoonYul’!”

YoonYul huh. . . it would’ve been better if it’s ‘YoonSic’.

“Sure” I said anyway but she looked surprised instead.

“Seriously? You agree?” she asked, leaning forward at me.

“Yes. I mean why not?” I smiled weakly. It’s not like YoonSic is happening anytime soon anyway.

“Awesome!!” Yuri shouted excitedly, almost jumping up and down if the car allowed her so. Taeyeon stirred but was not bothered with the yelling. Seohyun on the other hand had her earpiece plugged in and was too immersed in her book.

“Here, wear this” Yuri handed me a ring. It’s a silver ring with a simple design. Yuri had an exact one too. I slid it in on my ring finger and we had the couple rings on.

“I love you” Yuri winked and smiled gleefully. She looked content.

“Umm. . .” I said. “Yuri, we’re not really a couple, right? I mean, we’re just jealous of JeTi and you want to have a couple name too. So that’s why we . . . do this, right?” I held up my hand with the ring on.

Yuri was taken aback but smiled anyway. “Of course! You silly! I just want to give the fans something new beside JeTi. Do you really think I’d really fall in love and be all lovey-dovey with you? No way!”

I sighed in relief. Just then we arrived at our scheduled location. Manager oppa opened the door and I walked out. The fans were screaming at the sight of us. I quickly looked at Jessica who was coming out of the other car. She’s gorgeous as usual. As I was walking, Yuri came up from behind and held my hand. I stopped and looked at her. She winked and whispered, “YoonYul”.

I squeezed her hand and continued walking, playing along. The fans noticed this so Yuri announced, “We’re YoonYul!” and the fans liked it. They began shouting for Yoonyul and Yuri loved every second of it. I took a glimpse of Jessica behind us about five feet away. She was looking at us, Yoonyul. When Jessica saw me looking at her, she turned away.

“I love you” I said.

“I love you too” Yuri replied and the fans grew wild.

Jessica, I love you.