Trepidation

Apologies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5
Trepidation

 

Siwon visited the dorms after a month of successful avoidance. He came in somewhat intoxicated and begged two of the elders to accompany him while he drank himself into oblivion. They agreed out of concern at the state he came in and because they couldn’t recall if they had seen him drunk before. He waited for them to get ready and because he wasn’t in his right mind, he went down to the 11th floor to wait.

 

He knocked on the door, then rang the bell, completely forgetting he had access to the apartment. A nervous Kyuhyun answered the door, staring carefully at Siwon before stepping aside to let him in.

 

“It’s just me here,” Kyuhyun muttered as Siwon walked past him.

 

Siwon trudged into the living room almost tripping over his own feet. He settled down on the couch and breathed in deeply, resting his elbows on his knees, letting his head fall into his hands. If Kyuhyun hadn’t smelled the alcohol on him, he probably knew by the way he made his entrance. The living room lights were dim and the dorm sounded empty and Siwon's heavy head was thankful for both rare occurrences.

 

Before Kyuhyun could retreat to his bedroom leaving him alone, Siwon lifted his head up slightly to look at the younger, before informing him, "We broke up." He expected to see a look of contorted delight on Kyuhyun’s face, but instead he saw one of concern. He added anyway, “You probably could care less about me.”

 

“Its the opposite,” Kyuhyun's reply was instant and said in a voice that was almost inaudible. “I care too much about you.”

 

They exchanged a look, wordlessly asking each other if it was safe to talk. Siwon heard Kyuhyun sigh softly and saw him move towards the couch. Siwon straightened a little as the younger approached, but Kyuhyun chose to sit on the floor, away from Siwon, hugging his knees and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter