(Just) Corn

Harvest Min

The goddess was gorgeous. Yunho had asked the other farmers in the bar about her looks. Her name is Glinda and had blonde hair. The descriptions were different from what he had seen. She have big s, blond haired and very cute. The cute part was same though.

Someone just had argues with the others. Yunho looked them up.

“So Kai, explain. What did you do to my sister?” the man didn’t look for his answer.

“I just-- I didn’t do anything,” Kai confused himself.

“But why the girls are doing anything for you,” the man was angry, “you are a player,” the other man added.

“What happened?” Yunho as a newcomer couldn’t avoid to asking that question.

“Oh, hyung. Thanks god.”

The men looked at him suspuiciously, “You flirted him too, Kai?”

“No,” Kai answered, “Oh hyung, please help me,” then begged to the older man.

Yunho motioned his lips as saying WHAT ME.

He is very honest.

“Hello I’m new farmer here,” the other men glanced him, “I didn’t really know this person—“

“WHAT—“ Kai surprised.

“But i know he is a nice kid,” Yunho added.

“He flirted with my sister,” the man raged.

“But he didn’t hurt her, didn’t he?” the man silenced, “Maybe because he is too kind. So please don’t misunderstand him,” Kai relieved.

The men got out from the bar as the owner asked them politely.

Yunho also wanted to go home but someone’s voice stopped him.

“Thanks hyung,” Kai said.

As expected the farmer replied him, “no problem.”

Protagonist walk, Yunho left the bar.

As he got home he remembered what the other farmer told him. He had solved the mystery of the goddess. He became a girl because they thought the goddess is a girl. Of course it’s the fckin’ goddess! Yunho confused himself.

“Should I know you Changmin?” he did asked himself.

 

The farmer went to supermarket buying supplies. He met Shindong there while he chatted with the owner.

“Oh, Yunho!” Shidong excited.

Yunho smiled to him.

The owner whispered something to Shindong.

Both were done shopping Shindong said what was the owner whispered him.

“He said he wanted you to meet his daughter. What’s her name again? Yoona? Mina? or Hyuna?”

Seemed Shindong wanted to test him, “Hyuna.”

“She is the hot one. You should meet her!” Shindong was the one enthusiastic.

Yunho saying bye to him. The corn was waiting him to be harvested.

A boy also waited him in front of his farm. He looked him closer and got very familiar to him.

“Kai?”

“Hi hyung, did you just go shopping?”

“Yeah,” Kai helped with his groceries.

Now Yunho knew why anyone misunderstood him.

“Kai what are you doing here? Did you open your stall?”

The farmer fake worrying him.

“Yes, which is why i was here hyung.”

Did he wanted me to helped his stall or asked me a date? Yunho overanalyzed him.

“Did you sell the corn? Because I need them.”

Both were wrong.

“Just take them how much you want.”

Kai held his hand.

“Thank you hyung.”

Yunho very understood why people misunderstood him.

 

The farmer was so grateful for today’s harvest. He was going downstream to say his gratitude for the harvest goddess.

“Thank you so much for your offering, Yunho,” the goddess’s skin is glowing as usual.

He baffled himself.

“Glinda,” the goddess surprised, “aren’t you?”

Long paused.

“I am Changmin,” the goddess repplied.

“Then you were?” Yunho won’t lose to him.

The goddess taken a back.

“Then you were.”

Changmin was about to flying, “You must be knowing me already, I want to know you more.”

Yunho’s words made the goddess once again on the ground.

They both had their feet touched the water.

“It’s cold,” Changmin said.

“I know.”

Yunho held the goddess’s hands prevented him from falling.

“Thank you.”

Yunho didn’t say a word. Let the goddess spoke first.

“Become a goddess is my job. I thanked everyone who worshiped me. As my gratitude I became Glinda to meet their belief.”

The farmer wanted to say his gratitude either but thinking everyone did that already.

“You’re welcome,” the goddess said into his eyes.

“What? You just did mind reading!?” shocked the farmer.

The goddess laughed. His eyes became mismatched make him so cute.

“No, i just gueess it,” Changmin’s laughing has been captured in Yunho’s heart.

“You just did, Changmin!” Yunho happily.

“I’m not god. That’s my father. Can’t do that... yet.”

Whatever.

Yunho will always remember this time.  

    

On the last Summer day, there was an event as Shindong said. It was a fireworks event. As a city boy he spent his time clubbing but in Mineral Town everything is very humble. Even now he decided go to the bar just drink as always. Don’t really care about the event except someone asked him.

On the way to the bar he was looking at Kai and a girl.

“Kai, you will see the fireworks with me right?”

“I don’t know Mina, I-“ girl answered.

But someone interupted their convo.

“Brother!”

“No, you won’t go with Kai! I don’t agree you go with this player.”

Yunho can’t stand the fight accoured.

“Kai is going to go with me,” city man insisted.

Kai looked at Yunho touche,”hyung.”

The reality hit the girl hard.

“See!” her brother made her second reality checked.

The sibings go without knowing Yunho’s name.

Yunho tapped Kai’s shoulder. The younger man looked sad that made the farmer didn’t know what to do.

“Kai, should we really go?” he asked carefully.

“Let’s go hyung!”

They both looking at the sky uphill. That was the first time city boy Yunho celebrate the event.   

“Hyung, i was sad. But this year i’ve met you. Thank you so much.”

Yunho found it awkward.  Never did this with friend then this guy’s line made it more awkward.

Well, a little kindnes won’t hurt a person. The farmer gave the younger a smile. They both looking at the sky when the fireworks decorated the night.

If only the goddess allow those night with Yunho.

He threw the harvest again downstream. Hoping the goddess would fullfill his miss to him.

“It’s Yunho again.”

The goddess's smile melted Yunho’s heart.

“You came so often, so may i help you?” Changmin offered.

“Of course, Changmin.”

Yunho screaming inside.

“Is there any girl you close with? I’ll make you both even closer,” the goddess smiled again.

He just did his job right?

“There’s no girl move me,” the farmer repplied.

A guy looking for the farmer.

“Yunho hyung!”

“K-Kai?”

The younger couldn’t see the goddess as he is not a farmer.

“What are you doing here?” Yunho asked Kai ignoring the goddess’s presence for the first time.

“I’m gonna miss you hyung,” Kai hugged him. Yunho’s hands remain on air.

“Yes?” Yunho made contact with the goddess. He was still smiling.

“Summer already end. So i just wanna say goodbye to you. But we’ll meet again next year. I’ll send you letter hyung.”

“O-oh.. yeah... goodbye. Take care.”

Kai leaving left Yunho and the goddess. He would leave town later. It was a little bit upsetting to Yunho since he was the one looked like his little brother.

“So it wasn’t a girl?” the goddess asked strange question.

Yunho tought he might be misunderstand to Kai’s action.

“Yes, you know Changmin. It’s you.”

The goddess changed his expression. There was a dark aura entire him.

“Changmin?” Yunho looked up to him.

“Honestly, Yunho. You confused me. I’m sorry,” tears came down on goddess’s cheeks, “thanks for your offering.”

Was Yunho at fault?

 

 

-TBC-

===============================

A.N: After long update finally~ I once thank you again for reading my story even though I did many grammar mistakes x')))