Obsession

Obsession

It’s an obsession.

 

No one can never simply say that they have enough books. There's just no such thing.

 

I opened the door to the apartment I shared with my boyfriend as quietly as possible, poking my head through first to see if he was in the living room.

Empty.

 

I slowly crept into the apartment, making sure to not make a single sound as I closed the door and removed my jacket and shoes. I clutched my bag with my newest purchases to my chest as I tiptoed into the apartment. I could hear music coming from our bedroom. Perfect. It should cover up any noises I make.

 

I made my way over to the bookshelf by the window, I couldn’t risk going to the one by the bedroom door. I crouched down as I scanned the shelves. “Dammit.” I whispered. There's not a single space left. I tried to move a few of the books around, hoping to create some space, but it did nothing to help.

 

“Jagi?” I jumped up at the sound of my boyfriend’s voice, my bag automatically going behind my back. “Hey Jagi, how are you?” I asked quickly, hoping he hadn’t seen my bag. He gave me a knowing smile. “What’s in the bag?” he asked, nodding behind me.

 

Crap.

 

“Nothing.” I lied. His smile widened as he chuckled at me. “You went to the bookstore again, didn’t you?” he asked. I sighed, letting my bulging bag slip into view. “I couldn’t help it.” I admitted quietly. He chuckled again, a warm, kind sound as he approached me and pressed a loving kiss to my forehead. “Come here, I’ve got something to show you.” He said as he linked his hand with mine and led me towards our bedroom.

 

I followed along behind him, my jaw dropping the second I entered the room. “Jagi.” I whispered as he wrapped his arms around me from behind, his chin resting on my shoulder. “Like it?” he asked, already knowing the answer. “I love it!” I replied as I spun around in his arms, dropping my bag so that I could wrap my arms around his waist.

 

“Now you can take some of the books from the living room and move them in here, because I’m pretty sure both bookshelves are just one book away from breaking under the weight of all your books.” He teased. I shoved him lightly with a laugh. “Shut up.” I said as I grabbed my forgotten bag and rushed towards my newly built bookshelf.

Books may be my obsession, but nothing compares to the feeling of having someone in your life that knows you better than you know yourself and who loves you unconditionally… even if your obsession takes over half your shared apartment…