I have to be my dead sister?!

Fear of Fame

Taeyeon looked down at the picture of her and Taeyoung, her twin sister. It was a picture they took a couple of months ago when she had vacation. She smiled to herself as she slowly the picture, remembering all the memories that they had together. Tears started to roll down her face as she knew that she was never gonna see her sister ever again.

She was gone. Gone from her life forever.

She sniffed as she wiped her tears away with the sleeve of her sweater. She just couldn't believe that she was really gone. It felt like a nightmare instead of reality. She then heard footsteps coming from in front of her. She slowly looked up to see Hyung-sik, Taeyoung’s manager. She sighed as she placed the picture into her pocket and stood up, bowing at him.

“Have you made your decision, Taeyeon?” He asked, feeling nervous of her answer. "I know this is a lot to take in. I'm sorry for asking you about this but I wanna find out why this happened to Taeyoung. I just need some time to figure things out."

Taeyeon looked away for a moment, not knowing what to do. She wanted to because it was her sister’s life in the line but she didn’t wanted to do it because it wasn’t right. It just made her feel disgusted with herself because she wouldn’t be herself. She had to be her twin sister who was more comfortable with this idol life unlike her who didn’t know anything about it and Taeyoung was way more confident than she was. She took a deep breath as she looked at Hyung-sik who looked worried with puffy eyes as well. He had been crying too. She also thought about him. He was the one who took care of Taeyoung thru out her career and she was grateful for that but now, she didn’t know what to do.

“I’ll do it for her. For Taeyoung.” She softly said, knowing that he heard her. "But once you find what you're looking for, I'm coming back home."

Hyung-sik nodded at her as he walked towards her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

“Everything will be okay. I promise okay.” He gave her a comforting smile which she appreciated. “I’ll pick you up tonight around eight so be ready okay.” He saw her nodding, as she understood.

“Pick me up at the bus stop that’s a few blocks from here.” Taeyeon softly said. "I don't want our parents to find out. At least not yet."

He nods in understanding before walking off to his car, driving off.

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath as she walked inside the house, seeing her parents in the kitchen; laughing at each other while making dinner. She smiled to herself, as she would miss them so much. She knew that the news about her big sister will break their hearts and she didn’t have the guts to tell them. She had to make up a lie, which she hated. She hates lying especially to people she really cared about. She took one last look before walking up to her room.

After hours of packing, she decided to write a letter to her parents. A letter explaining why she was leaving them. It pained her to lie to them especially with a letter instead of face-to-face. It tore her heart in two that she had to hurt her own parents’ hearts but she had to do this. She explained that she wanted to go explore the world and go on her own adventures. Also, that she didn’t wanted to be stuck there for the rest of her life. Tears streamed down as she finished the letter. She covered from letting any sobs come out. She didn’t wanted to let her parent’s find out. There was no turning back now. 

It was now or never.

She was going to be Taeyoung from now on. Her twin sister. She was going to be the famous Taeyoung. Taeyeon didn't exist anymore. She looked at the clock and it was five minutes before eight. Hyung-sik should be on his way to pick her up. It was time to go.

“It’s time.” She whispered to herself as she stood up with her bag hanging on her shoulder and the letter in her hand. She took a deep breath before walking out of her room.

She quietly placed the letter in her parents’ room and quickly made her way downstairs, about to walk out until she peeked to see her parents’ bickering but in a loving way as they were setting the table. Tears formed in her eyes as this was the last time she would see them. She would miss them terribly but she had to do this. She had to for her sister.

“I love you both. I hope you know that.” She whispered softly before walking out of the house and walked a few blocks away from her house as she sat on a bench that is usually for people who are waiting for a bus.

She wiped away her tears as she waited for Hyung-sik. She sighed deeply as she then noticed a black car parked in front of her. Her first instinct was to run away but then she noticed the window going down and she saw him waving at her. She smiled weakly at him before she stood up and got inside the car.

“Everything alright?” He asked, concerned since he could tell that she had been crying.

She slowly nodded as she looked down at her hands, not trusting her voice just yet.

He nodded as he started to drive off to Seoul. Throughout the drive, he would always glance at her every few seconds and he could see the difference between her and Taeyoung. Taeyoung was more of a badass yet gorgeous unlike Taeyeon who looked like a child. She had that cute aura that would make anyway just hug and take care of her. He smiled to himself at the thought of her being so innocent and sweet, reminding him of his family. He also noticed that Taeyeon was a bit more shy and quiet as of her sister who was loud. He chuckled as he remembered the time where Taeyoung would just talk about Taeyeon all the time. He admired that about Taeyoung. She loved her little sister so much. He then noticed that Taeyeon was very quiet.

“Taeyoung would always talk about you, you know.” He started to say which caught Taeyeon's attention but he didn’t stop. “She would tell me how amazing your voice was. Your dancing was good but it could be better if you practice more.” He chuckled to himself. “It seemed like she was your biggest fan.” He stopped at a red light and turned to her.

Taeyeon looked at him, smiling softly.

“That’s Taeyoung for you. Ever since we were little, she would always tell people how my voice was and how amazing I was. I never believed her. I was nothing compared to her. She was more talented than I was. I was okay unlike her. I wasn’t surprised when she joined the music industry. She deserved to be in it.” She softly said as she looked outside of the window, up at the cloudy sky. "Looks like a storm is coming."

Hyung-sik smiled as he started to drive again, liking that she was finally talking to him.

“Seems like it." He paused for a moment. "Things weren’t going were well with Taeyoung before she died.” He said which caught Taeyeon's attention.

“What do you mean?” She asked, confused yet worried.

“She started to party and drink more than she used to. Before, she would just drink one or two but lately she started to drink more than she can handle. It was getting out of hand. It was as if the fame was getting into her head and she started to get cocky. Before the accident, I told her that she had to stop but she was too stubborn and started to throw a fit. I tried to calm her down but she just ignored me and kept shouting.” He sighed as he gripped on the wheel tighter which caught Taeyeon's attention.

She slowly placed her hand on his shoulder, which caught his attention. She gave him a small smile.

“Taeyoung has always been stubborn. No matter what, she would always be a stubborn girl.” She chuckled softly as she pulled her hand away. “How did the accident occur?” She suddenly asked.

Hyung-sik gulped as he tried to remember.

“I don’t remember much but we were at Japan at the time for a music festival and for a moment, I stopped driving to see if I could calm her down and then everything else is nothing but a blur.” He frowned, as he knew that talking about Taeyoung would get Taeyeon sad. “We are almost there.” He suddenly said, hoping it’ll change the subject.

Taeyeon nodded as she took a deep breath, looking outside the window.

“How is it there? The industry that Taeyoung is in?” She suddenly asked him.

“It’s different than the place you lived in. People there want respect and it’s a chaos place but if you find the right people, you’ll be fine. It is enjoyable especially to the idols that perform for their fans. It’s tiring since your schedule will be full everyday but since Taeyoung isn’t making any music right now, it won’t be that bad.”

“Taeyoung isn’t making music?” Taeyeon suddenly asked.

“She hasn’t for a few months. Our CEO got frustrated since she’s very popular and wants her to make a comeback but she refuses. It’s like she doesn’t want to make music anymore.” He sighed as he entered Seoul. "She started getting interested in acting in movies and dramas. She has done a couple but still, it looks like she was still uninterested."

“Do you know why?” She asked.

He shrugged.

“I always ask her why but she just blows me off and leaves.” He sighed deeply but then he notices the bright lights up ahead. “Welcome to Seoul.”

Taeyeon looked outside; amazed at how big and beautiful Seoul looked like. She had never been here. She had only seen pictures online or from the pictures that her sister would send her. She wanted to look away and keep talking to Hyung-sik about her sister but she couldn’t. It was just too beautiful and she wanted to look at it more but then she felt the car stop moving. She turned to him then at the building in front of her. She turned back to him, about to ask why they stopped.

“This is Taeyoung's apartment where you’ll be staying. C’mon.” He turned off the car and got out of the car.

She took a deep breath as she got out as well and followed him inside the building. She looked around, seeing at how beautiful the inside of the building looks. She was so amazed at how beautiful the placed looks that she didn’t realize Hyung-sik staring at her. She turned to him and smiled weakly before following him again.

“I’m guessing you’ve never seen a place like this?” He asked when they entered in the elevator.

Taeyeon shook her head.

“You’ll get used to it.” He said before walking again with Taeyeon following him like a lost puppy.

He walked to the end of the hallway and stopped at a door until he took out a key and opened it for her. Taeyeon slowly walked inside, amazed at how beautiful the place looked like. Everything looked so expensive that she was afraid that she’ll break it.

“This is Taeyoung's apartment. She usually spends her time here when she isn’t out touring or partying.” Hyung-sik said as he stood in front of her. “It’s getting late so I’ll leave you here and I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning at seven sharp okay.”

Taeyeon nodded slowly yet scared of being alone in a place like this. She felt out of place.

Hyung-sik noticed the fear in her eyes as he softly smiled.

“It’ll be okay. You’ll be okay here. If you need anything, just call me.” He took out a cellphone from his pocket and handed it to Taeyeon. “My number is already in there.” He smiled at her.

She slowly grabbed it, not believing that he gave her such an expensive cellphone. She looked up at him.

“How much did this cost? I can’t use this. This is just too expensive for me.” She started to say but was stopped by Hyung-sik's laughter.

“Don’t you worry about it okay? It’s a thank you gift for doing this.” He smiled at her. “I’ll see you tomorrow morning okay. Good night, Taeyeon.” He said as he pecked her forehead before walking out the door.

“Sweet dreams, Hyung-sik.” She softly said as she heard the door close shut.

 

She walked towards it and locked it. She didn’t feel comfortable here and locking it; didn’t feel any better at all. She turned around and leaned back against the door, not believing that she was here. Here in Seoul, pretending to be her sister. She sighed, as she looked down at the cellphone that Hyung-sik gave her. It was so different from the one she had before. She placed it on her bag before she started to look around, looking around to where everything was. She then looked at the huge window that was in the living room, seeing all of Seoul with colorful lights everywhere. She smiled softly at how beautiful it looked. She could be staring at it for hours but she realized that she had to wake up really early tomorrow morning because it was going to be her first day as being Taeyoung, the idol not Taeyeon. She then walked towards a small hallway and walked inside a room. Thankfully, it was her bedroom. She slowly closed the door as she placed her bag on the chair as he looked around her room. It was a big messy yet she didn’t mind it. She was messy herself but something caught her eye. She walked towards the nightstand beside the bed and grabbed a picture frame.

It was she and Taeyoung when they were little.

Taeyeon could feel tears forming in her eyes but she quickly fought them as she placed the picture frame down. She had to be strong for her big sister. She had to be but then she saw another picture but it wasn’t in a frame. She slowly grabbed and looked at it. It was Taeyoung with a young man. He was really handsome. He had black hair and tan skin. They were really close together like they were a couple. They looked happy and in love. It couldn’t be her boyfriend, right? She never recalled Taeyoung telling her about a boyfriend.

Who is he?” She softly said before looking back at the picture.