The time of jealousy

Drunk words are sober thoughts

The second time it happened after a comeback and Jungkook was the victim of alcohol.
BTS had organized a small party to celebrate their new CD. They'd usually just make a VLive and then continue practicing, but lately the managers were giving them more freedom with stuff like that; so it was something kinda new for them. That plus the fact that Tae and Jimin had been insisting for weeks so they would let them hold the party. It was actually supossed to be something closed and small, with some close friends from the media, but there was a problem: everyone they invited decided to bring along their bandmates or friends, turning their small party in that day's big thing. 
The house they were renting for the party wasn't even enough for all the people that arrived, so they decided to use the backyard, where most of the people were right now, eating and talking on the tables they had distributed at last minute. 
Jungkook, who wasn't ready to greet so many people and who wasn't a big fan of that kinda stuff had decided to sit by himself, outside, next to the snack table. There was nobody elese sitting at that time, everyone was dancing under the colorful lights of the party (they had hung them all across the backyard), singing along to the music; and he was sitting on the right spot, where he could see what everyone else was doing:
Hoseok was busy talking with some of the girls from Red Velvet (Jungkook had fun imagining he was telling them about how they could upgrade the Ice Cream choreo); Yoongi as was sitting on a bench in the house's door, holding a glass of whatever, observing like JK what the other were doing, ignoring Jimin, who was standing next to the couch telling him something (knowing Jimin, he was probably trying to convince Yoongi of getting his out of there and enjoying the party with him, but Yoongi didn't want to know anything about it); Namjoon was dancing inside of the house, Jungkook had seen him coming in and out of the place with happy grins; he hadn't seen Jin in a while, so he was guessing he was inside, talking to people or maybe organizing the food, who knows. But if there was something Jungkook didn't have any intention of seeing was what was happening right in front of him (well, some feet away, but in front of him anyways), what he could see even with all of the people in the middle.
Tae was talking with his friend Bogum.
Yes, it wasn't anything bad, they were just friends, but seeing them together generated in Jungkook something like disconfort, a pain in his hands and neck, some kind of wrong feeling that didn't even make sense because they were just that, friends. And, in any case, he himself was just a friend to Taehyung, so he didn't need to look for excuses to not worry about it, because he shouldn't be worrying about it.
The maknae wanted to erase that thought from his mind, so he took a glass that was in the table next to him, without even looking at what it was. He was sure he had already tasted that and he liked it, so he drank it full and decided to look in any other direction so he would forget those conflicting thoughts. While doing that, she came in the scene.
She was a girl Jungkook was sure he had seen before but wasn't sure where; he just knew that when it was his turn to open the door for the guests, she was there with some other girls, smiling at him. He had to move aside that time so they wouldn't ran him over. She had stayed at the door until all of them were gone and started talking to Jungkook, but the chat ended luckily soon because RM had called him. But now she was there again, sitting in a chair next to him, smiling like a girl (of course, how else would she smile? Jungkook questioned himself), offering him a glass with some red drink that could be the same thing he had just drunk. 
"Do you want some?" she said "I saw you liked it and I thought of bringing you more" it was confirmed, it was the same thing.
Jungkook doubted it for a second but then he remembered he had spent two hours dying out of boredom, so he told himself "what's he worst that could happen?" and drank the thing all at once while the girl was looking at him with a surprised look on her face. That drink tasted like the one before, but it was a little bit stronger. (delicious though).
"What is it?" he asked the girl, surprising himself of how naturally he had spoken.
"I don't know but in that table over there they have many, do you want me to bring some of them?" Jungkook denied with his head and stood up to do it himself, realizing he was a little dizzy already.
When he got on his chair again he noticed that the girl had brought her chair closer to his. He didn't pay much attention to that though because now he had that red thing to drink and it was taking away his shyness.
Some minutes passed in which the girl didn't say anything and Jungkook enjoyed the music, his red drink, the hanging lights, the happiness on everyone's face, and didn't remember why he was sitting there. He even considered standing up dance, but just in that moment, the girl spoke again:
"Why were you here alone?" she asked, curious eyes and all. Jungkook's stomach was feeling weird after the sixth drink "where are your friends?" and just in that moment, JK realized that that girl's hair was almost as red as his drink. Cool.
Jungkook looked again at everything that was happening: Jimin was now lying on the couch with Yoongi, with his legs on the older boy and his head on the couch's arm; Hoseok was now standing next to Yoongi, laughing with him about something; Namjoon was dancing close to where Hoseok was before; and Jin was still out of sight. And Tae... he didn't wanna look over there.
"With their friends" he said putting down the glass. It must have been obvious in his face that he was angry, because the girl got closer, like trying to figure out was what happening in his head.
Jungkook kept on drinking to avoid talking with her, even though it didn't seem to work since the girl was still asking him if he wanted to dance, if he wanted something to eat, if he wanted to go somewhere else... JK wasn't listening to her, he was looking in Tae's direction again, watching how his friend smiled everytime Bogum talked, how he flipped his hair everytime he laughed, and, above all, how those two looked like they were shining among all the people. Jungkook guessed it was because of Tae's beauty, something that usually distracted him and that now he couldn't stop watching. 
He wasn't the one thinking that though.
Nobody had that thought, it was just something that crossed his mind.
It didn't mean anything.
"Are you dating someone?" the girl asked in that moment. Jungkook turned around to look at her and suddenly everything was spinning, he was really dizzy, more than before "or you're single?" the girl was getting closer and closer but Jungkook couldn't care less, the only thing in his mind was Taehyung together with Bogum, while he was there bored and lonely.
"Lonely" he answered with his eyes on the middle of the people, where his thoughts were. The girl was smiling.
"And are you interested in someone around here?"
Jungkook had a headache but he felt really powerful for some reason and he wanted to take advantage of it, because he felt able of saying anything.
"I have to do something about it" he said, totally ignoring the girl's question.
"What are you gonna do?" the girl asked happily getting closer (if it was even possible) to him.
"What has to be done" he said dramatically standing up and leaving his glass on the table, spilling the drink in his hands.
The girl was about to tell him something, but Jungkook was already making his way through the people to get to Tae. 
And that's how Taehyung saw him, coming with wide open eyes and a funny step, asking everyone for permission so he could get to him. Tae knew Jungkook was drunk when he smiled at him and JK didn't smile back (his Jungkookie never denied him a smile).
The younger stood next to Bogum without even speaking to or looking at him, pointing at Tae with an accusing finger.
"You" he said.
"Me?" Tae asked keeping his hands in his chest.
"I want to talk" Jungkook answered, now going forward so he could rest against Tae, since he started feeling like his body was too heavy to keep himself on his feet. Tae hold him from the side, though it wasn't very easy, 'cause Jungkook basically wasn't making any effort to stand.
Bogum was watching them with a side smirk, enjoying the moment, trying not to laugh or show how happy he was for Tae. Taehying did some gestures with his mouth so he would say anything, while Jungkook looked at them with hatred.
"Who do you think you are to keep Tae to yourself?" the maknae asked, now pointing at Bogum. Bogum took a step back and raised his hands like saying 'I dind't do anything', but he couldn't help but laugh at the end. That just got Jungkook angrier "I bet you don't even know his favorite food" he said now standing without Tae's help "or the things that scare him"
Bogum nodded with a smile and looked at Tae waiting to see what he told him to do. The actor knew some of those things, but the point there was that Tae was surely happy that Jungkook knew them himself, since from what Bogum knew from Tae, Jungkook wasn't the kind of guy to rember that stuff. But there he was, claiming he was the one with that information.
Tae was having fun and getting worried at the same time, he didn't remember when was the last time he saw Jungkook that drunk and he didn't like seeing him on that state, even if he was making a scene that didn't bother him (even if when he thought about it it was kinda awful, since he had made it clear thousands of times that he and Park Bogum were just friends) (and, in any case, he and Jungkook were just friends too, so why react like that? Taehyung didn't want to let his hopes up for nothing, it could hurt at the end).
"Bogum hyung, can you give us some minutes? I think I have to take this boy somewhere else" said Tahyung to his friend.
Bogum nodded again and left saying "Careful with what you do" in a mocking voice. Tae responded by giving him a pleading look; the idol didn't know if Jungkook was going to remember that the next day, but just in case he didn't want Bogum to be so obvious.
When Bogum wasn't there anymore, Jungkook stopped holding Tae and stood in front of him as straight as he could, like the world wasn't spinning for him. Tae could see that Jungkook was trying to act as if he wasn't as drunk as he was. Typical Kookie.
"Why do you keep on replacing me?" the maknae said with pain in his eyes. You could see that he had spent some time wanting to ask that.
Tae couldn't help smiling. Replacing him (and the rest of the group) with his actor friends was something Jungkook complained to him often, but he never said it with those words, he usually threw hints here and there and Tae always understood them, but played a fool about it. The older would never stop saying that BangTan was the most important thing to him, but Jungkook was insecure anyways.
"Are you jealous, Jungkookie?" he asked him in a flirty way (even if he knew Jungkook was already blushing so he couldn't make him blush any more). 
Jungkook moved his head in a weird way that make it hard to tell if he was nodding, denying, or simply stretching his neck. But he looked at Tae directly in his eyes.
"I just don't want you to replace me" he said, falling forward. Tae had to catch him so he wouldn't fall to the grass.
"Wasn't planning to do it" he answered while he helped him stand on his feet again so they could go inside, where he could make him sit until he felt better.
So, the rest of the night consisted of Jungkook lying on a couch humming some old BTS rap lines, while Tae sat with him, talking to everyone who came their way, explaining to them that he was taking care of his Jungkookie.  

 

 

 

- Maia, TheSchProductions