Part 2

Friendly

"Yes I got the job... and no she did not ask me out on a date in that carㅡ..."

 

"Yet" added Sooyoung, a smugly air on her face.

 

Tiffany merely rolled her eyes and started running a finger on the border of her coca-vodka.

 

The two friends were at their favourite bar in Seoul, where they usually met with the gang, catching up since they hadn't met in two weeks and a lot of things had happened for the both of them. It was late in the evening and the chattering and humming of early clients sharing a drink casually brought to the overall ambiance a light and cheery edge. It was too early to get drunk, and the atmosphere was cozy and light.

 

"I'm surprised you haven't tried to make a move on her, yet." Sooyoung looked at Tiffany.

 

Tiffany glanced back at her with eyebrows lifted. "And why's that ?"

 

Sooyoung pursed her lips, a knowing smile spreading on her face.

 

"Well, I know for a fact that once you've set your eyes on someone you never let them get away."

 

Tiffany shrugged.
"I never said that I planned to go after her."
She kept a straight face as she took a sip from her drink.

 

"Well, no. But I already know by the look on your face that it's what you plan to do. Plus you did respond to her flirting~ !" Said Sooyoung emptying her glass.

 

Tiffany merely smiled at her. Her best friend knew her too well for her own good.

 

"Well, I do like her. She is quite dorky and, well, unpredictable. Which I didn't expect her to be at all !" Tiffany kept her gaze on the counter, smiling, her finger running circles on its surface. "But there's nothing more than that." She paused and took another sip from her glass.

 

"You know I prefer men anyway, even though I also... like flirting with women..." She ended hesitantly.

 

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow.

 

"By men, are you talking about Nichkhun ?" Said Sooyoung in confusion."I thought you didn't like him..." 

 

"I don't know, but frankly speaking his determination to get a date from me quite impresses me. " She admitted, pensively.

 

"I feel like I would give him a chance, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not really looking for someone right now. I'm happy just being by myself nowadays." she nodded slowly, still in thought. 

"I think I need time to fully get my head free of those lingering feelings from my previous, catastrophic relationship." She chuckled bitterly and turned her head towards her best friend. Tiffany's last lover was a girl from the same model agency as her. The two had immediately bonded when they first met, and soon became girlfriends. They were known all throughout the agency, and the fact that they were both well known as model only gained them more fame. Until one day, Tiffany caught her cheating on her with one of the male photographs, a handome muscular browned haired, that everyone knew to be a player. Moreover, they had been caught red handed, right in the act at their workplace. The news spreaded in no time and by the next morning the whole agency knew about it. Tiffany had tried to ignore the gossips about her and her ex-girlfriend, but in the end she couldn't stand it and decided to quit. Since that day, she never saw her ex again, stopped being a modelㅡ something she was used to do since she was a childㅡ and had promised herself never to fall for a girl anymore. 

"What about you Soo ?" She took a sip from her drink." What was this big news you were dying to tell me ?"

Sooyoung's face suddenly lit up.
"Ooh, right, right !" She turned to look at Tiffany, suddenly excited. Her eyes sparkled even in the dimly lit room.

"I met someone. Here. Thursday night." 

"Oh. How is he ? Is he tall ? Sturdy ? Funny or nerdy...?" 

"Oh, no, no honey... Not a 'he' but a 'she' ! 

Tiffany's eyes went wide. 

"Really ? Does she work here, which one is it ? She asked, referring to the waitresses, head switching around to locate the crush.

"She's does work here but not tonight. She only does Thursdays and Tuesdays' night shifts."

"Ooh."

The brunette was dying of curiosity now. She wondered who could have stollen the heart of her best friend who was usually crushing on boys, and had always been straight ㅡ or so she thought.

The two friends chatted for a few hours more and left the bar around nine. 

×××

Tucked in her bed, Tiffany replayed the eventful day in her head.

She remembered her interview, earlier in the day.

Taeyeon a lot. Thinking back, the blonde looked like she was having so much fun throwing borderline unprofessional types of questions at her and watch her stutter while answering, cheeks flushed. Just thinking of how many times she embarrassed herself at this morning, Tiffany groaned in annoyance, cheeks taking a rosy hue. 

After the interview, the blonde had regained a more serious attitude as she asked for her assisstant. A few minutes later, light knocks were heard from the door and a woman entered.

"Seolhyun ?" 

"Yes, miss Kim ?"

"I would like you to show Tiffany around, if you're not busy... And maybe show her to her desk ?"

"Of course miss, I'm not very busy at the moment anyway." 

"Great ! That way miss Hwang here will be able to arrange her space and get used to it before she starts working here on Monday... Ah, and please introduce her to Mr Khan, since they'll work together." She ordered in a quick pace while beckoning with her hand, the documents Seolhyun had brought with her. 

"Right on it miss Kim !" Seolhyun replied, faking a military salute. To which the blonde grinned.

×××

After an hour and a half walking in every corners of the huge company with Seolhyun, Tiffany had opted to stay at her desk for the afternoon, and head home later at five pm.

Since she was quite bored, at ten she took her laptop and handbag, heading to the cafeteria she had caught sight of this morning, across the street. 

The Corner, wasn't very crowded at this hour, much to her satisfaction. She found herself a table, next to the large window where the tables were lower and red solid beanbags were placed in place of wooden chairs. Isolated from the low chattering of other clients, she immediately started answering her mails. 

A waiter soon approached her table and Tiffany ordered the cafe latte special. She once again, immersed herself into her work. 

Around the same time, someone entered the cafe. A gentle voice was heard as the waiter took her order. He then, said something to the woman that made her laugh softly. 

A movement in front of her, distracted Tiffany from her computer screen and sure enough, she saw a hand holding an Americano. 

"May I sit here ?"

Glancing upward, her eyes landed on the now familiar blonde hair and toothy grin.

She nodded twice. Taeyeon sat, and the two were soon plunged into a comfortable silence. Tiffany, now playing a game of cards on her computer. Taeyeon, not wanting to disturb the other girl, that she thought was working, absorbed herself in the scenery playing from the other side of the window. It had started to shower lightly and a few minutes later, the rain was pouring down. As a consequence, umbrellas started to raise in a mourn sea of black canopy, with dots of colors here and there. 

Tiffany thought that it was weird in a way, how Taeyeon's behaviour from this morning was so different compared to now. The Taeyeon from this morning was bold, whereas the Taeyeon she had in front of herㅡ.

"It started raining..." Observed the blonde, wittingly. She winced, as it occurred to her that she had spoken outloud. Her sight briefly landed on Tiffany, who had rose her head when Taeyeon spoke, before reporting her attention to the window once again.

Now that the glass silence had been shattered, she sighed and announced with a small smirk.


"I'm sorry for teasing you so much earlier." Her eyes shifted to Tiffany, who was now turning her computer off.

"Oh, it's nothing, don't worry !" Reassured Tiffany, waving her hand in dismissal. Although she had caught a slight tone of mischief in Taeyeon's voice, she decided to ignore it.

Awkward silence.

"So, what do you think of the company so far ?"Asked Taeyeon while taking a sip of her long shot Americano.

"I absolutely love it ! The coordination of all the workers is flawless, and everyone is very polite too. I especially liked seeing how the sunbaes are so helpful to their hoobaes and even the way you chose to design your facilities is quite smart and thoughtful, as expected of Mr. Kim, foundator of the famous fashion magazine Kode !" Taeyeon looked at Tiffany to see the latter with stars in her eyes and chuckled at that. A fangirling Tiffany was the cutest thing she had ever seen, even if she was fangirling about her father's accumplishment. Sigh.

Taeyeon had never been fond of fashion in the first place. Her father, was the second wealthiest man in South Korea, a publisher well known for his fashion magazine Kode. And she, Kim Taeyeon, was supposed to take over the company in a few years. While she had no interest in this kind of field, her father still made sure to teach her well and gave her everything she wanted, whether it was money, games, or cars as long as Taeyeon followed her duties as heiress of the Kim fashion empire. 

She practically grew in those offices, and knew every single worker and places there, and the workers knew her well too. She knew the employees spoke evil of her, in her back. The heiress who had no interest in fashion whatsoever, frequented casinos and only stained her father's reputation further.

In the corner of her eyes, she saw the brunette lean in to take a sip of her coffeeㅡ the first one since Taeyeon joined her at the tableㅡ and scrunch her nose at the cold and now blend, caffe latte. 
She smiled a little.

"By the way." Tiffany spoke, leaning back in the comfortable red beanbag.

"I assume by now that you lied about you being CEO Kim, did you ?" Asked Tiffany, frowning, in wait.

Taeyeon smiled sheepishly.
"Hehe, well... Yeah. I'm not. To be honest I don't even hold any position here, officially. I'm really just a substitute to my father in this company, but he taught me well enough so my judgement can be trusted."

"Mmh." Tiffany had her guess about the latter's identity.
"Should have known..."

"You only realised now ?" Taeyeon looked at the girl, eyes big.

Tiffany shrugged, nonchalent.
"I was really shocked back then, when I saw you and I was too nervous to really pay attention to anything."

Taeyeon nodded in understanding.
"I see. Well, I hope I did not offend you in any way, by hiding it to you."

"No, not at all. I'm actually quite relieved that it was you who interviewed me." She admitted sheepish.

"Oh, why is that ?" Taeyeon was honestly curious to know. She had developped a quick interest for the girl with the gorgeous... No, dazzling eyesmile.

"I mean... it was less intimidating..."

Taeyeon's eyes followed her hand as the brunette tucked a few curls behind her ear. 

"...passed the first few minutes of surprise of course... It was maybe due to the fact that we had met before."

Taeyeon smiled remembering their little chase this morning. Maybe Tiffany was the type of person she needed. The one who could keep up with her... 

Her eyes caught sight with the hanging clock on the wall behind Tiffany.

Her break had been over for a good ten minutes now, and even though she had no meetings today, there was still a few things she had to do.

"Mmh. I see." Taeyeon gulped down the remaining coffee and stood up, grabing her coat, her movements followed closely by the questionning eyes of the other girl.

"Break is over for me. I have to get back to finish some work." She explained quickly. 

Truth be told, she had already finished her tasks for the day. Taeyeon just had to be there, in case her father called to check on her and see if she was indeed, doing what he'd told her to do. 

Taeyeon stood awkwardly next to the table.

"Well, I hope I hope to see you around again, miss. Enjoy your time off for the time being, this job is pretty hectic. See you on Monday ? "

"Yes, miss Kim !"

"Miss Kim ?" Taeyeon frowned a bit at that. "Aish, please call me Taeyeon, we're not working, right ? Plus, we're around the same age so it's not necessary."

"But we just met, let me at least call you Teyeon-ssi, for now !"

"Stubborn..." Grumbled Taeyeon. "Okay, Taeyeon-ssi it is then, and I will also call you Tiffany-ssi then !"

Tiffany smiled.

"Well, until next time Tiffany-ssi. I'm glad we could get to know each other better." She said finally. She then waved a little and walked away.

Tiffany fished her phone out of her handbag, and opened Instagram, suddenly feeling like sharing a picture of her meeting with Taeyeon. She took a picture of the two cups of coffee, while a part of the blurred streetview could also be seen in the background. The corner of her lips were still turned upright, in a little smile, when her finger landed on the icon, uploading the photo.

______________________________________
A/N:
It's currently 4 am... Apologizing for any typos/errors/ contradictions (in the story) in advance, Ty ! -.-' 

Also, as you know- or not- I originally planned for it to be a oneshot, so I had to think of a plot, seeing as it seems to interest some of you. :)

Lemon~