Reason

Hana's Stories about Jimin [PJM]

Title : Reason
Characters : Park Jimin X Kang Sera
Genre : Fluff

"That smile is the reason that I smile...,"


Jimin’s POV

“You should at least cover your mouth while yawning, hyung. I can see everything in your mouth,” My advice received a glare from him.

“I told you I want to sleep in. I fcking hate morning classes,” I just rolled my eyes and casually slung my arms around his shoulders. Yoongi groaned as he was forced to lower his torso.

“Hate it or not, you need to pass those subjects to graduate. Why in the world I need to tell you this simple rule?” Without me realizing, he hit my ribs with his knife-like elbow. How I yelped while holding back my breath with widened eyes brought him to laugh.

“Your ugly face really made my morning. I’m refreshed now. Thanks,” Yoongi can’t help himself from grinning hard as I was still struggling to save my own life.

“It’s not that hurt,” Yoongi concluded without bother asking. I just send him a threatening glare but of course it won’t make any changes. I stretched my upper body as I kept rubbing the sore part.

“Get lost already,”

Yoongi gave me a smile of victory while bidding a goodbye in the most annoying way.

I fastened my pace towards my class which is located at the end of this corridor. I think my day couldn’t get worst but it did when a random person just walked out from one of the doors. The corner of hard covered book in his/her embrace hit exactly where Yoongi struck me just now.

“SH-,” I almost cursed out loud. I wish I did so I can really show how mad I was at the moment.

“USE YOUR EYES FOR GOD S-,”

“I’M SO SORRY! Are you okay?” I gulped hard. It’s not like those words weird in any way but…

She’s beautiful.

For few holy seconds, we just kept staring into each other gaze without any words. Am I hallucinating? Her movements went into slow-motion mode.

She batted her long eyelashes while looking at me with worry face. She bit her small lips nervously. Her eyes were widened with furrowed brows. She moves her hands without any proper direction and clumsily grazed my hand softly. Dmn it, my heart’s weird.

“Excuse me?” Her words snapped me out and everything turned into normal state. I mean, no longer moving slow. My ears that suddenly became deaf for a moment naturally captured all sounds around me.

“Are you okay?” She asked the same thing again. I want to say something but why my voice won’t come out. My body felt very stiff. Why am I like this?!

“I’m- I’m okay,” Finally, a low voice escaped my lips.

“Thank god… But that must be hurt. Are you sure you didn’t break anything?” My lips carved into a grin. This girl is kinda funny.

“Anyway, I need to go but I want to treat you lunch as an apology. Can I?”

My lips gaped apart. This is it! My chance! Slowly, I nodded.

“Great! I’m Sera and you are…?”

“J-Ji- Aish! Sorry. I’m Jimin,”

I hate myself. If only I’m crazy enough, I could just jump off the window at the other side of the corridor.

“I’ll meet you anytime so wait for me, okay? Bye,” She flashed a warm smile before waved timidly and turned away from me. Even her back profile is GORGEOUS.

“Sera…” My hand naturally makes its way towards my chest and was placed in front of my heart. It won’t slow down.

XXXXX

“You look like a freaking panda,” I blinked twice as a deep sigh left my lips. Yoongi rested his btch face even though he’s a guy while eyeing me intensely.

“This is why I won’t talk to girls. Is she THAT beautiful?” He’s pretty quick-witted and I hate that I unconsciously smiled at his question.

Daebak.. You’re getting crazy,” I inverted my gaze away from his. To be real honest, I dated a lot. Back then, it was pretty normal. Playboy? I don’t know. I mean, the girls aren’t serious with me either.

But somehow, this is seriously serious. I can’t really compare her to anyone else. I never feel this way before.

Hyung,” Yoongi looked up from his phone at my call. I pursed my lips before inhaled deeply.

“Am I-”

“Jimin-ssi?” Shutting my eyes, I sighed. Why would someone cut off this serious conversation? Lazily, I forced my neck muscles to look up since that person was standing by the table.

My eyes widely shot opened when my mind processed my vision.

“S-Sera-ssi!” I accidentally shouted. My high-pitched voice distracted other students and Sera seemed quite shocked. Yoongi’s chuckles brought up my embarrassment even more.

“You’re sick? Your voice sounds…,”

“He’s love sic- AUW!!!” That ‘light’ kick on his leg should shut him up for awhile. Sera turned to Yoongi who was bending down with furious expression on his face. Back to myself, my lips were trembling so my smile appeared in a very awkward way.

“Sorry I didn’t meet you sooner. I forgot to ask your major,” She said. Slightly tilting her head to her side, she grinned. My eyes widened for ‘god-knows-how-many’ time. STOP THUMPING SO HARD, YOU STUPID HEART!

“Should we get going?” She asked. I turned to Yoongi with hopeful expression.

‘Stop showing that disgusting gaze. Just get lost,’ As if I can read his gaze, I grabbed my backpack and stood up before her. I hope she won’t notice my sweats. It’s getting hot in here.

(Three months later)

You thought we’re getting closer? You’re right but just one little problem. Actually it’s major one.

SHE DIDN’T NOTICE MY FEELINGS AT ALL!

I mean like... Isn’t it obvious? She’s a smart girl after all. Why in the world she’s freaking oblivious when it comes to love? I acted like a perfect boyfriend material all the time.

“Hey, what’s up?” I glanced at the clock. It’s getting late but I just miss her voice.

'Hey! I’m going to sleep,' Sera sounded energetic as always. But I can sense her drowsiness.

“I just wonder what you’re up to. What are you doing?” After sparing few seconds, she finally let out some sounds.

'I told you I’m going to sleep,' I shut my eyes. I know that, you dummy. Sometimes she’s frustrating but I like it.

“You must be very sleepy since you’re talking about sleeping again and again. I’ll see you tomorrow then,” Timid chuckles could be heard from the other side.

'You caught me. Goodnight, Jimin,' Small smile plastered on my lips. I love it when she said that. Actually, her night greetings have been the last thing I heard every day. Except when,

“Shut the lights off, idiot. I’m trying to sleep!” That deep voice frequently interrupted my call with Sera. I know Yoongi hates girls but that make me freaks out. What if he likes… guys? I shook my head at the thought.

XXXXX

‘Come to the park at the conjunction, now,’ I tilted my head to the side while munching on my favorite snack. Why would he go to the park?

Hyung, it’s almost dark,” I replied after gulping down the crushed chips. I heard he sighed on the other side, sounding so frustrated.

‘Just fcking come, idiot,’ I widened my eyes. Is he mad?

“Fine…” He hung up the call right away after that. I stood up from the couch before switched off the television.

I headed towards the door after grabbing my phone and wallet. I slipped into my hoodie and went out. After making sure I locked the door, I walked through the silent neighborhood.

My steps started slow and steady but somehow I felt like rushing. I ended up ran lightly until I spotted the park 20 meters away. My eyes wandered around, looking for Yoongi.

“Jimin?” I turned to my back and my heart dropped. SERA?!

“W- WH- WHY ARE YOU HERE?” I accidentally shouted.

“I got a call from your friend. He said you want to see me. I’m coincidentally was nearby so... What is it?”

I was going to answer when I got a ‘katalk’. I instantly opened the chat from Yoongi.

‘Good luck, bro. If you mess up in winning her heart, it’s your loss,’ My heart started to beat really hard. Is he out of his mind?! I’M IN A STATE THAT’S SO NOT SUITABLE FOR ANY CONFESSION!

“Jimin? You’re okay?” I looked up with my freaked out expression. She stayed calm as always. I bit on my lips, trying hard to make up a nice sentence to start. I’m so not ready for this.

“You like me?”

My heart stopped, literally. I glued my eyes on the ground while balling my fist.

“No answer? So... no? That’s a pity because I like you a lot,”

“PARDON?”

Sera flinched at my shout. She was shocked but she chuckled right away.

“Is it a rare thing to have a girl that likes you? You’re such a boyfriend material. I thought you like me,” I tilted my head to side while my brain working diligently to process what happened just now.

“You know? Since when? Why did you keep quiet about it?” I shot questions. Sera looked into my eyes and smiled.

“I don’t know. I just know it. Sorry for acting oblivious but... I think I just not ready for any relationship at the moment. We have finals coming up, remember? I don’t want to mess it up,”

A silent ‘ah’ escaped my lips. That’s it. She rejected me.

“But,”

I felt warmness against my cheeks. My eyes traveled upwards, right into her gaze. Her palms were warm and it felt nice on my skin.

“Right after the exam ends, let’s celebrate it with our first date,”

I don’t know if I look like a fool, smiling wide like this but I don’t care. My instinct brought me to hug her into my embrace.

“So, I’m your boyfriend now?” I whispered near to her ears. She chuckled and pulled away with her arms hanging around my neck.

“Wait, you didn’t even clarify your feelings towards me,”

“I like you. No, I love you, Sera,” We locked our gaze together. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my heart can’t calm down anytime soon.

“Tell me since when and the reason,” I shut my eyes to find the perfect answer for that. When I got one, I smiled.

“The moment you smiled at me for the first time and all I can think that time was, ‘Oh ,’. Forget butterflies. I felt the whole zoo when I’m with you,”

Sera laughed at my answer but I can see that she’s satisfied. That smile is the reason why I smile.

 

 

 

[END]

Author's note
It's lame. I know T,T Anyway! Thank you so much for reading~ Tell me what you think and don't forget to give it a vote if you like it! Thank you again...

-Hana-