Don't Leave

Hana's Stories about Yoongi [MYG]

Title : Don't Leave
Characters : You as Lee Arem X Min Yoongi (Suga)
Genre : Angst
OST : Don't Leave by Block B

"Please... Don't Leave..."


The date went through pretty much same as always. Yoongi didn’t talk that much. It’s always you who carried the conversation going. You didn’t mind as long as Yoongi will keep talking. You like his deep voice.

“See you soon?” You asked. Yoongi nodded twice and walked away from your house. It’s a relief that he’s still want to keep you accompany until you get home safely.

Your shoulders jolted when your phone in your hold vibrated. You eyed the alarm and the label ‘Appointment’ appeared on the screen. A heavy sigh left your lips. You’re tired of this. You pressed the ‘off’ button and entered your house.

XXXXX

‘The number you’ve dialed is not answering… Please…’

You took the phone away from your ear while sighing for god-know-how-many-times. You tapped the end call option and put your phone into your pocket. You looked around your surroundings.

You can’t help but to feel so lonely. Yoongi won’t answer your call these days. Is he that busy? You don’t want to be such a burdensome girlfriend.

“Lee Areum,” You gazed to your front and you flashed a smile.

“Here,” Standing up, you headed towards the voice.

XXXXX

Yo,” Yoongi turned to his side and reached out his hand to make a high five. Hoseok smiled brightly as always before took a sit by Yoongi.

“Mr. Cold Guy is so busy,” Yoongi stopped writing and gave a short glare towards his friend. Hoseok grinned slyly while giving apologetic look.

“Areum gave you that nickname, right? Wah.. I think it does suits you well. It’s been awhile since your last date with her,” With that, Yoongi was struck. He lowered his gaze onto his phone.

‘Come to think of it, she hasn’t been calling too,’ Yoongi spoke in his head. He shook his thoughts away and decided to just focus on his work.

Hoseok just pursed his lips and stood up.

“Just a little advice, bro. She won’t be waiting you for too long,” Hoseok sauntered out from the room, leaving Yoongi in confusion.

XXXXX

His ringtone caused him to sit up on the bed in a flash. He quickly answered the call.

‘Yoongi-yah~’ He heard your voice, being cheerful as always. Yoongi cleared his throat to cover his worry.

“You’re busy lately?” He questioned. He heard your chuckles from the other side.

‘Let’s meet up. I miss you,’

XXXXX

“You’re here?” Yoongi sat across the table, facing you. He pulled his hoodie off his head. You gave a smile while staring at him. Yoongi felt your stares before he looked up on you.

“Why are you staring like that?” Yoongi frowned. You just keep smiling while shaking your head.

“Nah, I just feel like you’re getting more handsome,” You noticed how Yoongi rolled his eyes. You’re sure he’s getting sick of your unnecessary compliments.

“You haven’t slept properly these days? You look tired,” You spoke. Yoongi rubbed his neck while groaning few times.

“I guess... Pretty stressed. I didn’t sleep well yesterday too,”

Ah, I see... I slept pretty well. You know why?” You grinned. Yoongi shook his head at your question.

“Yoongi-yah,” You pulled your hands onto the table, making way towards his hands. He gazed down onto your hands, grasping his softly.

“You are the last thought in my mind before I drift to sleep and the first thought I wake up each morning. Even if I can’t wake up at all one day, I’ll keep dreaming of you. I hope you’ll remember this, okay?” You kept your expression hard and serious. Yoongi just keep staring into your eyes. You felt his hands moves from times to times.

“Let’s order,” You changed the topic right away. Yoongi jumped a little by how fast you let go of his hands. You smiled brightly as if nothing happened just now.

The day went by fast and the night fell. You walked slowly by Yoongi. Sometimes you took a glance on him and looked away when he turned at you. You pursed your lips and keep smiling.

“You have anything to say to me? Just spill it,” Yoongi suddenly broke the silence. You shook your head rather fast.

“I just feel happy to walk like this with you. I will miss this,” Yoongi paused on his track. You stopped along and turned to your back. Yoongi furrowed his brows.

“Will? Are you trying to break-,”

“No way! I’m just saying. You’ll be busy and so do I. Of course we can’t walk together like this for the time being,” You cut him off. Yoongi shut his lips and your answer. He nodded as he understood.

The walk continued until both of you reached your house. You turned, facing Yoongi. You looked up on his handsome face while smiling.

“Can I get a kiss?” You requested. Yoongi lifted his brows. He looked around while sighing. You grinned as you tip toed to surround your hands around his neck, pulling him lower. You tilted your face to the side and attached your lips onto him.

Yoongi just stayed silent while kissing you back. He naturally grabbed your body, hugging you. You’re glad that he didn’t resist or anything.

You pulled away and both of you opened your eyes. Yoongi his lips and awkwardly coughed. You grabbed one of his hand and grasping it tight.

“I love you, Min Yoongi. I really do,” Yoongi tried to avoid your gaze but somehow he can’t. He kept his silence before his lips slowly gaped apart.

“Me too,” You beamed up instantly at his words. You ended the date with a tight hug. You went into your house and closed the door behind you.

Without you realizing, the tears you’ve been holding flowed through your cheeks. Slowly, your body sunk onto the floor. Your hand made its way onto your chest. You cried out loud while hitting your chest. The darkness kept you accompany all night.

XXXXX

Yah, still working?” Hoseok smacked Yoongi’s shoulder soft. Yoongi rolled his eyes before took off his headphone in annoyance.

“Stop bothering me,” Yoongi warned. Hoseok suddenly pulled his other hand out from his jacket pocket, revealing Yoongi’s phone in his hold.

“It’s been ringing non-stop. It might be important,” The phone changed its place into Yoongi’s hand. Hoseok patted the other male’s shoulders once while smiling. He went out without any words.

Yoongi put down his pen and stared onto the screen. He switched on the phone and checked the call log. Hoseok’s right. He had almost 10 missed calls.

Yoongi tapped the ‘call’ option instantly. He expected your voice to greet him since it’s your phone. He furrowed his brows as unknown voice answered the call.

‘You’re finally calling back. What took you so long?’ Your older sister, Arin spoke. Her voice sounded hoarse compared to her usual high pitched voice. Yoongi rubbed his neck while clearing his throat.

“Sorry, I left my phone outside my work-,” A loud mourn interrupted him. That’s one loud cry. Arin sighed and continued talking.

‘Just come here. I have something important to show you,’

“Sure. Where is that?”

Yoongi listened to her carefully. With that, she ended the call, left Yoongi dumbfounded by the location.

XXXXX

Yoongi stepped through the automatic sliding door, revealing a typical scene there. Doctors and nurses walking around in fast pace and soft scents of medicine and medical alcohol spread all around.

Yoongi rubbed his noses once before walked towards the elevator. After waiting for few seconds, the door wide opened. Yoongi looked up and paused on his track as he saw Arin with stressed expression on her face.

Ah… you’re finally here,” She scoffed. Yoongi bowed timidly as a greeting.

“Go up to third level, room number 10. I’ll be back,” Arin told him short and immediately walked passed him. Yoongi got onto the elevator and pressed the button.

Yoongi arrived at the third level in no time. He started walking once again through the quiet hallway. His eyes vigorously scanned all the doors he passes by.

‘ROOM 10’

He was going to knock the door when a loud cry interrupted. His eyes instantly widened. The cry was similar with the one he heard while on the phone with Arin just now.

Yoongi followed his instinct to push the door instantly. Everyone except for a middle aged lady turned to their back. His eyes traveled to the middle aged-lady.

“Mrs. Lee….”

The lady stopped sobbing and looked towards Yoongi. She stood up while wiping her overflowing tears. Yoongi closed the door behind him while arranging his steps closer to the bed at the centre of the room.

“Yoongi…. Right? It’s been awhile isn’t it? We should have… a dinner together but-,” Her voice suddenly stuck at . She cried once again after she glanced to her side. His heart dropped at the sight of fully covered body on the bed.

Yoongi suddenly ran and grabbed the white sheet. He froze as your pale face filled his vision.

“Areum…” Your name escaped his lips in low tone.

XXXXX

Yoongi just sit there, staring blankly towards your funeral picture. The surrounding was filled with slow noises of conversations but it was as if the world turned mute to Yoongi.

He didn’t even realize someone was sitting beside him for a while. A tap on his shoulders pulled his back into the reality. He turned slowly to his side.

“Oh, you’re here,” Hoseok nodded at his question. Both of them looked great in suits but their expression were dark.

“She was a great girl, isn’t she?” Hoseok spoke to break the silence. Yoongi gave a short nod. His poker face doesn’t stay for a long time before he broke into tears. Hoseok eyed Yoongi for a moment and pulled him into his embrace.

Hoseok patted his back, trying to encourage Yoongi but he knew Yoongi can’t be strong after you left him so suddenly like this.

“I miss her already…” Yoongi muttered between his sobs. Hoseok inhaled deeply, don’t want to let his tears flowing. His patting doesn’t stop so do Yoongi’s tears.

‘The way you expressed yourself, your clingy attitude, I thought it was too much. But now I miss it. I knew it you were acting weird before. I didn’t think much of your words, I just passed them by.

That last night I met you, I should have stop you from going in. Just once, I should’ve stood here and thought about your words. Each and every word you said. I turned away from and hurt you, pretended like nothing was wrong.

I’m such an idiot. Usually I’m quick-witted but why? Why I only realized it now, after you left?’

Yoongi pulled away from Hoseok and turned again to your funeral photo.

‘It’s too hard for me right now, Areum-ah. I won’t make the same mistakes again so, please…,’

Yoongi leaned back onto the wall, feeling so helpless than he could ever feel in his life. Yoongi’s lips parted before he muttered under his breath,

“Don’t leave,”

 

[END]