Chapter 1 - Begin

Can you see me now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 5th, 2017

 

It's been a rather lazy morning for me. Even though the sun's powerful rays were creeping through my curtains, landing proudly and brightly on my face, I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. I didn't seem to be bothered by the light, either, although I knew I'd have to step out of my precious bed that embraces me so dearly everytime I lay myself down on it.

However, I found myself rather startled, adrenaline rushing through my veins upon reading the memento I had for today.

 

Meeting with BigHit's CEO today, 2 in the afternoon sharp.

 

It was currently 12 in the afternoon. I jolted out of bed in an instant and ran towards the bathroom to freshen up. Having washed my teeth and cleansed my face, I quickly covered my bare face with some foundation and worked my magic to look presentable in a rather natural way. Then, I plugged the hair straightener to even out my waves from the messy bun I slept with. 

Before dressing up, I made my way down to the kitchen for a quick breakfast....which was obviously a toasted sandwich, since my lazy couldn't be more productive.

As the sandwich was heating, I decided to lighten up the mood by blasting some music. Maybe, just maybe, it'll help me finish up my current work.. Y'know, like one of those "Eureka!" moments. Mhm...Life ain't that easy, Y/N.. Moreover, I was in a pretty good mood, so I wanted something just as up-beat as I felt. That's why Beyoncé's "Countdown" was the first song of my day. I danced my way back to the kitchen where I took the sandwich out and put it on a plate to cool down. 

Propping myself against the counter, I closed my eyes and took in the powerful echo of the song. At the same moment, I felt a pang in my heart. It was lonely to live by yourself in an apartment. Not to sound like a spoiled brat, but I dedicated my entire free time to build a reputation and buy two apartments to fuse them in one. I loved music with all my heart, thus I worked twice, maybe thrice as hard to achieve the goals on my bucket list. The apartment wasn't a grand one, but grand enough for my liking and future. I knew that eventually I would have to settle, and a small one in the life of New York didn't seem as appealing for the future. Besides, it is in its suburbs, because who doesn't love silence after daily work in New York's noises.

 

I was caught off guard, completly....by a bunch of strangers..

I felt my entire body throb in pain, my muscles pulsating. I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted by a man whose eyes were so wide they could pop out any second. However, it took me some seconds before I regained all my senses and sat up like a nail that was drawn to a magnet. I looked around, only to see one man more beautiful than the other, and boy, I could feel my wig falling off at the closeness I had with one of them. He was like less than an inch away from my face, his eyes just as wide as before, piercing me with his powerful gaze that literally sent a shiver up my spine.

 

"Jungkook, enough. Help the lady." a soft, soothing voice said.

"I'm so not helping intruders.." he stood up and took a step back.

All I could do was roll my eyes, before the hand of the man with the soothing voice reached out to my rescue. I took a rather tight hold of it in order to get up, just to be met by the most handsome face I've ever seen.

 

"Knock, knock." he said whilst flashing a smile.

"Err...Who's there?"

"Bone."

"Bone...who?"

"Bone-jour." he cracked a laugh so loud it echoed over the music that was still blasting in my living room.

 

All I could do was blink while gazin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter