restless

Don't look at me with those eyes

Yerin couldn’t sleep, she could even close her eyes in fear of her own imagination. SinB held her closely on the bed, they were all just waiting on the news and morning to come.

“Yerin unnie, we should sleep.”

“I can’t. Whenever I close my eyes I see Sowon unnie.”

SinB pet Yerin’s hair, trying to calm the older down, she seemed to be breathing rougher than before.

“Unnie, calm down.”

Yerin nodded and tried to even out her breathing, taking slower breaths with her heart rate.

SinB even grabbed Yerin’s emergency things if something happened.

Yuju stared at the tv as it scrolled down a list of currently missing persons at the scene.

“Kim Sojung, Kim Sojung, Kim Sojung.”

She kept reading the list, prepared to make sure everything was going to be okay.

“And that is the end of the list. All others are transferred to nearby hospitals or discharged.”

Yuju gasped, she clapped her hands to her cheek and then used Yerin’s smart phone to check the list again just in case she had missed it.

“There is no Kim Sojung. There is no Kim Sojung!”

She ran into the room with the list and showed Yerin and SinB.

“Sowon unnie isn’t on the list of missing people! She’s at a hospital if she’s not discharged!”

Yerin nodded and reached for her handphone, which Yuju gave. She opened her contacts book to the favorites section and pressed Sowon’s name.

[My Wish Unnie]

“Please pick up. Please.”

“Hello?”

“Is this Dr. Kim’s cellphone?”

“Ah! You mean the doctor lady!”

“Yes, last I saw she had an injured shoulder.”

“Ah! Yes, yes. I don’t know where she is.”

Yerin blinked, what? Why was this person speaking this way?

“Excuse me?”

In the background, she heard faint whispers.

“------wrong------not-----my phone-----”

“Hello? Could you please give that phone to the police then? I’ll retrieve it.”

“Yea yea whatever I’m busy. *click*”

Yerin frowned at her phone, who the heck was that? She then dialed Sowon’s coworkers at the hospital to ask where Sowon was.

“Hello? Is this Nayeon ssi?”

“Ah, Yerin ssi! If you’re asking for Sowon I don’t know where she is right now, she has break today.”

“Really? Because just earlier there was an incident and Sowon went to give first aid, they sad that the people were cleared for nearby hospitals.”

“Is that so? I did get a call to prepare for incoming patients.”

Yerin heard the siren of an ambulance get louder on Nayeon’s side.

“It looks like they’re arriving.”

“Yea, I’ll call you later.”

“Thanks, Nayeon ssi.”

“No problem.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Nayeon’s end)

“Cham, why did you tell me to lie?”

Sowon coughed and winced as her shoulder caused her some pain as the muscles stretched.

She was laying on a stretcher in the hall as the emergency rooms were all full and her injuries were not as severe, including the fact that Sowon ordered them to put the other patients in the rooms first.

“Geez. Show me your shoulder, I need to patch our best doctor up.”

Sowon gave a small smile, since earlier, her voice hadn’t worked. She had reassured Nayeon that it was just from the smoke, coughing for a good measure. She rolled on her good side and revealed the nasty burn on her shoulder.

“Aiqoo, this will scar terribly.”

Sowon nodded and winced as Nayeon proceeded to cut open her clothes to get to the area properly.

“Ah!”

Nayeon flinched when she heard Sowon yell, she had been trying to clean the wound but didn’t expect Sowon to be in such pain, she knew Sowon well, and the taller girl was a fighter, she never flinched when she bleed in school when she had scraped her knees, she stared at the nurses when they gave her flu shots, never had she ever heard Sowon in pain.

“You’ll be fine Sowon, do you need painkillers?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin sighed, tired but feeling better knowing that Nayeon would be calling her once she found something out.

SinB remained hugging Yerin’s side, rubbing her back lightly to make the older fall asleep.

====================

Ehhhh I wanted to make it happier but for the sake of keeping the story flow, this happened. In a bit I'll be updating A day with Baby sowon so if you need a shot of fluff go there.

Happy 3rd anniversary gfriend!