D-02

Dandelion

 

 

If you have to classified yourself, you are the can't talk with strangers and have one bestfriend that you are closed with introvert type. You noticed that you are uncomfortable with strangers since you learn that in life, you have to socialise with people. You also learn, by taking some test that you are introvert, but you didn't know that its this worse. You depends on Sunmi most of the time, which explains why you are with her almos 24 hours in high school. You asked Sunmi a lot of favor and you couldn't thanks her enough.

 

Since you two take a different major in University, you couldn't meet her often like you used to. Sometimes, it gets hard when you have to do things on your own, like asking people for some things, talking with new people for new Uni project and basically anything that has relation with new people. It makes you physically drained. Fortunately, you are getting comfortable with your classmates after a year spending time in class together, eventhough you are still a bit quiet.

 

"Did Baekhyun contact you yet?"

 

Sunmi asks while drying her hair with a towel, her eyes fousing on you. You shakes your head, still writing your notes down. "He don't even have my phone number, how is he going to contact me?." Talking about Baekhyun, you haven't seen him around after the musical end that night. It's been days since the musical and Baekhyun didn't show infront of you ever since. Sunmi settle herself on the bed.

 

"Really? I thought I heard that Baekhyun going to text you or something."

 

You snorts. "Why would he text me. Not like he has anything to do with me, we both have different major."

 

"What about the guy who gave you candies?"

 

You stop from writing your notes and give Sunmi a look. "Which guy?" Your mind starts to recall any encounter with a guy who gave you candies and you just reminded of the guys at the musical the other day. "Oh-"

 

"Come on, you don't have a lot of guy that talk to you on daily basis." Sunmi let out a loud laughs, and you just have to throw your pen at her, snorting at her. "I remember him !" You squints at her before you back to writing your notes. Mid terms will be in two week so you really have to prepare well for the test. But before you can even finish your last notes, Sunmi snatch your pen away with a cheeky smile on her lips. You squints.

 

'It's 10 pm, can you chill for a while and stop studying." She huffs, pulling you to the bed. You use this chance to slack off and snuggles under the blanket, finally having time to rest after a long day. You have to submit your assignment that due today, went to the library to borrow some book for your upcoming test, the never ending classing till evening and finally you are at Sunmi's house now. But your nerdy brain just want to study more. Sunmi lay down next to you, her arms around you like she always do whenever you both are sleeping together.

 

"I was sooooo busy today, I feel like dying."

 

Suddenly a ringtone can be heard through the room, Sunmi takes her iphone and frown upon seeing the unknown number. “Who is this?” She mumbles but still pick up the call, you look at her with curious expression. Your curious grew big when she has this cheeky smile on her face while looking at you.

 

“What?” You asks.

Sunmi hands the phone to you and you stares at the phone for a few second before you shift your gaze to Sunmi. “Who’s that?” You ask, doesn’t want to pick up the phone knowing that you don’t know the person on the other line.

 

“Just pick up !” Sunmi groans softly as she shoves the phone in your hand. You yelps in surprise, her iphone is in your hand but your eyes are staring wide at Sunmi who now lay down on her chest, looking at you with big grins. “But I don’t know who is on the other line !”You slightly raises your tone, Sunmi didn’t say anything but usher you to starts speaking.

 

You sighs, finally placing the iphone on your ears. “Hello?” Your voice is slow.

 

There’s a short silence after you speak, follows by a soft laugh on the other line. You freeze at the sound of the laugh, it sounds familiar. Your eyes widen while looking at Sunmi. Sunmi just grins like an idiot. You clears your throat.

 

“Do you know who I am now?” He asks.

 

You fidgeting, your fingers playing with Sunmi’s hair out of nervous. You unintentionally nods, even though the person on the other line won’t see you. “Yes.” You answers.

 

“Who?”

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun let out a surprise gasps. “Whoa, you recognise my laugh !”

 

“Uh..” That caught you off guard. You didn’t realize that you actually recognise Baekhyun’s laugh. You desperately look at Sunmi for help, but Sunmi ignoring you by playing games on your phone. Her attention is not anymore on you. So you just keep on silent after making a fool of yourself.

 

“You are really quiet.” He chuckles. “What are you doing now?”

 

“Uhm..” You shakes Sunmi’s body lightly, trying to get help from her. You feel so nervous that you didn’t know what to say to Baekhyun. When Sunmi ignoring you again, you know that you have to answer him or it will be plain rude if you didn’t. You are quiet, not rude.

 

“I just finished study.” Is the only thing you said after a seconds pause. Baekhyun hums softly and you wait for him to speak again. But there’s nothing coming from him, the only thing you can hear is the sound of his breath.

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

“Yes?”

 

You frowns before taking a deep sigh. Talking is not your forte. You will always feel nervous whenever you have to talk with someone you are not close with. With Baekhyun suddenly being quiet is not helping too. Why did he asked to talk to you when he called Sunmi ? “Why you didn’t say anything?”

 

“I’m smiling right now.”

 

You don’t understand what did he said but you actually can imagine how Baekhyun is smiling right now. Even though you are quiet, you are actually a observant person. And being an observant person you are, you notice that Baekhyun has a soft sweet smile. You know, because Baekhyun always smile whenever he talks to you.

 

“Why?”

 

“Do you want me to keep talking to you?”

 

He is weird, you mouthed to Sunmi. Sunmi sit up and get close to you, trying to hear the conversation. You made it easier by turning on the speaker so she can listen to it too. Sunmi give you thumbs up for being smart.

 

“Uhm..I mean-“

 

“I will keep talking to you !” He exclaim, his voice is a little loud this time. Sunmi can’t help but to laugh silently on your side. She must think that this is funny.

 

“But why?” You frowns. Your nervousness slowly fade away while talking to Baekhyun. Baekhyun hums again in response and you wait for a few seconds before he speak again. “You asked me earlier, why didn’t I say anything. So, I assume you want me to talk to you. Everyday? Every second?”

 

You definitely didn’t mean it that way and you have no idea why did Baekhyun thinks that way. It will be a nuisance if Baekhyun talk to you everyday. You are not comfortable with him, plus why would he talk to you in the first place? You don’t remember doing something with him. Heck, you clearly remember you didn’t talk to him at all before he met you at the café and acting all gentleman.

 

“I will see you in Uni tomorrow then ! Goodnight ! oh please tell Sunmi that I say thank you. Sweet dreams, sweetheart.” He ends the call before you can speaks up. You stares blankly on the phone until Sunmi snatch it away from you.

 

“Where did he get your number?”

 

Sunmi shrugs as she put her phone on the table next to the bed. “I seriously don’t know.” She lay down on the bed, pulling you with her. Your mind still couldn’t process what happened until Sunmi turn off the lamp.

 

“How did he knows that I’m here?”

 

Sunmi who is about to fall asleep let out a groans upon listening to your voice. “Ugh I thought you already went to sleep.” You turns to face Sunmi in the dark. “Answer me.” You said, Sunmi yawns before mumbling “Ask him tomorrow.” And fall asleep after.

 

You can sense that your life won’t be as peaceful as before.

 

 

***

 

"Did you found it?"

 

You clamp your phone in between your shoulder and ears while rummaging through your sling bag, your forehead frowning when you couldn't find what you are looking for. The line on the other side is silence, sometimes only the sounds of papers and a person footsteps can be heard. You stop walking and hold your phone with your hand.

 

"Why are you taking so long?"

 

You settle yourself on the bench while looking around the faculty, there's still no respond from the other line. "There are so many unrecognised people here. How am I going to-" Sunmi snorts before you can even finish your sentence, she takes a deep breath before she screams out loud. You flinch at the sudden scream. "Stop whining and help me instead."

 

"If you don't remember, you are the one who forgot to put your pendrive in my bag and now you are looking for it like a-"

 

"Shhh !" She once again cut your sentences. You rolls your eyes. Sunmi asked you to give the pendrive to her senior since you have classed to attend today and she doesn't. But being a careless person she is, Sunmi don't even remember if she put it in your bag or not. So now you are at her faculty area, doesn't know what to do as you need to wait for Sunmi next command. "I couldn't find it. I'll text my senior, so you can go to your next class now."

 

"Sunmi, it takes 15 minutes to go from my faculty to yours. It's not funny."

 

"I'm sorry ! I will treat you to nice food, I promise. I'm sorry okay?"

 

You let out a sigh, saying it's okay before you hung up the call. You look around the faculty before you get up and starts walking, thinking whether you should just go back to your room or going to your class that will only start in one hour. It will take 15 minutes to go back to your faculty by walking if it's not raining- you look up to the sky and your eyes blinking repeatedly at the bright sunshine, you shakes your head lightly before look down on your phone while walking. You don't realise that a car has been following you for a good five minutes before the person honk at you. You flinch at the sudden loud honk, you look at the car with a frowns on your forehead, eyes widen when you see the person inside the car.

 

"Baekhyun?" You mumbles to yourself. Baekhyun has this wide grins on his face before he lowered the car window and look up at you. "Going somewhere?" He asks, you couldn't process what happened, why Baekhyun would stop his car and initiate a conversation with you but you just nods lightly as you say, "Class."

 

"What a coincidence !" He said with a surprise expression on his face which you doubt whether he is really surprised. "I'm going to your faculty to meet a friend, come in. I will give you a ride."

 

Alone in the car with a man? With Byun Baekhyun, on top of that? You shakes your head, politely rejects his offer before you walks again, faster than usual. Baekhyun gets out of his car and jogs to you, he gives you a smile when you look at him, confused. "I will walk with you to your faculty then."

 

You look at Baekhyun with a confuse expression on your face, that only last for a second before you looks down to somewhere else. You mumbles, "No need." But Baekhyun insisted when he walks ahead of you. When you freeze on your spot, Baekhyun turn around with his smile which you find so attractive. "Can't let a girl walking alone, ey?"

 

When you ask about his car, Baekhyun said his friend will arrive in a few minute to drive his car. Without having any choice, you walk with him to your faculty silently. Baekhyun walks slowly to keep up with your slow pace. You are not used of walking together with someone you just know, it makes you feel uneasy and uncomfortable, Baekhyun isn't an exception. You just want to arrive at your faculty right now, and without you realise you actually are walking faster than usual.

 

"Are you running from me?" Baekhyun chuckles as he keep up with your steps, his smile never leave his lips. You look at him for a while before you look away. "N-no" Your answer was enough to make Baekhyun's smile getting wider.

 

"Let me help with that." Baekhyun hold your books in his hand, while his other hand is inside his slack's pocket. You doesn't know how to reject his offer, so you just let him help you with your books. "Are you really this quiet?" Your wide eyes are looking at Baekhyun, surprise that Baekhyun is asking the same question again. Baekhyun raises his eyebrows, waiting an answer from you but honestly you don't know how to answer the question. Are you really that quiet?

 

"Or you are just quiet with strangers?"

 

You blinks repeatedly before you look away, your steps getting quicker than before. Baekhyun didn't ask anything until both of you arrive at the faculty. You ask him to give you your books that he hold, but Baekhyun shakes his head, still didn't say anything.

 

Your hands suddenly are cold from having a conversation with Baekhyun. You clears your throat. "I-I have class."

 

"I know. Let's go." Baekhyun starts to walk towards your class before you could even say a thing. Does Baekhyun know my class? Surprisingly, Baekhyun does know which class are you in today, you are fill with curioisty but you are not the type to ask someone like that so you just keep silent.

 

The class is empty when both of you arrive there. You mentally curse as you forgot that your class will only start in 40 minutes. "Why no one here?" Baekhyun settle himself on the chair next to you as he place the books on your table. You mumbles "Class will start in 40 minutes." You glance at Baekhyun, he is frowning while he check his wrist watch.

 

"You will be waiting for that long? Let's eat with me, I will treat you" Baekhyun leans forward, his elbow is prop on the table as he support his chin on his palm, looking at you with a grins. You shakes your head lightly. "I will be here..you can go." Baekhyun let out a sighs, not sure if its a tired one or annoyed one. You bit your inner cheek upon hearing his sigh. This is why you don't like dealing with new people, your attitude is a problem to them. You don't like explaining as why you always say no to them.

 

"But I'm hungry though." He stands up while still looking at you. "Let's go, or.." You frown, eyes looking at Baekhyun with full of curiosity. Baekhyun has this cheeky smile plastered on his face. "Or I will stay in your class and say that I'm your boyfriend to your professor, and the reason that I'm in your class is because you are sulking and as a boyfriend I'm trying to persuade you until you-"

 

"I- I'll go with you !"

 

Baekhyun chuckles. "That's my girl. Let's go.”

 

***

Baekhyun leads you to the café and conquer a table in the middle of the café, indirectly exposing you to lots of people. You usually will sit at corner table where you will have less chance to talk with people. You settle yourself on the chair while you place your stuff on the chair next to you.

 

“What do you want to eat?”

 

Baekhyun ask while he still standing, looking around the café before he looks down at you again. “I will just have a drink.” Baekhyun stares at you for a while before he walks away to get his food. You take this chance to put on an earphone, blasting a song from your iphone before you pretend to jot down notes. Baekhyun come back with two tray of meals.

 

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun asks as he put down the tray on the table. When  he didn’t get any respond from you, he pulls the earphone away from you, you look up at him in shock. Baekhyun raises his eyebrows as he unplug the earphone from your phone, he then put it in his bag.

 

You watches him with wide eyes. “T-that’s mine !” You said desperately. Baekhyun look at you in amusement before he shakes his head, a smile plastered on his face.

 

He pushes the tray in front of you. “You have class later. Eat first, so you will have energy to listen to the lecturer.” He still smile at you before he begin to eat his meals. You clears your throat as you grab the spoon, glancing at Baekhyun who’s eating silently.

 

”Thank you.” You mumbles softly before you eat your meals.

 

Baekhyun hums in respond, Baekhyun drop his spoon on his plate and watches you eating your meals. You clears your throat softly before you sips on your drink, eyes glancing at Baekhyun. You caught him staring at you but you don’t know what to say. Even after five minutes, he is still staring so you bravely look up at him. Baekhyun smiles.

 

“Why are you not eating?”

 

You play with your food as you wait for his answer. Baekhyun didn’t say anything but instead he take eat a spoonful of his meal while still looking at you. Your forehead forms a light frowns.

 

“Wh-why are you looking at me?”

 

Your cheek is blushed red and you look down to your meals. Still wondering why Baekhyun is looking at you. You are not used of getting this much attention from female friends, let alone a male friend. Baekhyun let out a soft chuckles. It sounds sweet to your ears.

 

“It’s quite nice to hear you asking some question to me.” He paused for a while, getting a glimpse of your reaction. “It’s nice too to hear your voice.”

 

You raises your eyebrows lightly, definitely didn’t expect that Baekhyun would say something like that. When you didn’t say anything for a minute, Baekhyun knocks on the table. You slowly look up at him, heart thumping loud.

 

“Let’s go out with me.”

 

 

omg it's been a year.