D-01

Dandelion

You know that something is not right the moment you felt someone is following you out of your college, the soft humming coming from the man is making you nervous. You pull your hoodie up to cover your head while you walks quicker than before, you fishes out your iPhone out of your sling bag hurriedly and try to call your best friend but unfortunately he didn't pick up. You remember your best friend's advice to get in a crowd place if you sense something danger, at the memories of that your eyes widen when you see a cafe not far away from you. If your sense is right, the man is still following you even after you get in the cafe. Your nervousness slowly disappear as you see the crowd in there. However, as you walks closer to the counter you can feel your nervouness again. You usually ask your bestfriend to order something for you, but today not like you can get out again and risk your life.

 

You fidgetting when you reach the counter, your eyes scans the menu board, trying to smile at the waiter across you. "What kind of beverage you would like to get, miss?" The waiter asks when you took too long to make an order. You clear your throats and nods lightly. Just when you were about to make your order, someone speaks on behalf you. "Get her a peach tea and Americano for me." The person stands next to you and you looks at him just to meet his smiley eyes, you quickly looks away-your fingers nervously tapping on the counter. The awkwardness is killing you when he ask you to sit with him while waiting for your drink, but you are not comfortable talking and sitting with stranger so you slightly bow your head hoping that he would understand your signal before you sit on the other chair. You try to call your best friend again.

 

"Ah really." You can see his smile on his lips as he take a sit across you, eyes looking at you before you look down on your iPhone, your fingers quickly type a text to your bestfriend. "I know you!" he exclaims, making you feel more awkward, and you doesn't know how to respond to that. "You are from Chemistry faculty! Right?" You nods at that as you glances at him, mentally curses at your bestfriend for not being around at time like this. "I'm Baekhyun." You just hums in response, trying to not sounds rude. "Byun Baekhyun." He said again. But then you just realise something and your eyes open wider as you stares on your iPhone. Byun Baekhyun?...Byun freaking Baekhyun? . You finally looks up at him with a light frown, making him chuckles. His chuckles sends nerves to your body and you look down again.

 

After few seconds passes, your iPhone suddenly rang and you quickly asnwers it but still looks rather shy to speak in front of the stranger. Baekhyun still has his eyes on you, probably expecting you to speak to the caller. You clears your throat before you whisper. "Get me here."

 

"What? I couldn't hear you !" You doesn't know what to do so you end the call and text your bestfriend instead. Baekhyun looks rather amused by that, that he unintentionally let out a low laugh. "I will get your drink." He said when the buzzez buzz, you only nods as you watches him getting your drink before you look away again when he come back with a drink. "This is for you. I know you like peach tea." Baekhyun take a sip on his coffee while looking at you who now holding the cup of peach tea. "T-thanks" Baekhyun hums in response, he put down his coffee on the table before he rest his chin on his palm, eyes looking at you.

 

"I was wondering if you are really quiet. But you are really, really quiet."

 

That doesn't surprise you because strangers often mistaken you as the quiet girl who doesn't stand out in a crowd, or in a group of friends. You just keep quiet because you don't know what to respond to that. Just like a savior, your best friend come at the right time and approach you with a worried look. Your face brighten at the sight of your best friend. But a gasps escapes from your bestfriend's lips when she sees Baekhyun sitting across you.

 

"Baekhyun?" She asked in surprise. You really want to rolls your eyes, but you don't do that in front of strangers. So, you looks at her and tugs on her shirt lightly, signalling her that you are still exist, but she ignored you. Baekhyun chuckles softly as he nods. "Baekhyun." He assure your bestfriend. "Byun freaking Baekhyun?" Baekhyun raises his eyebrows at that, not sure if that's a compliment or an insult, but nontheless he just nods with his lips still smiling. "Byun freaking Baekhyun, it is." Your best friend extended her hand to handshake with him and she let out a squeals, completely forgetting that you are still here. "I'm Sunmi ! Nice to meet you." Baekhyun greeted her back, and Baekhyun looks at you and back at your best friend. You still feel nervous at this sudden awkward feeling so you just keep quiet. Sunmi introduce you to him and you swear you just catch a glimps of his smile getting wider.

 

After you part away with Baekhyun who always looks at you with a smile, you finally let out a deep glad sighs. "Finally." You leans your back comfortably on the car seat as your friend drives away. She still talking about Byun Baekhyun but you just keep quiet and close your eyes."Can you believe it? We talk to Byun Baekhyun?" When you didn't say anything, Sunmi hit your arms harshly making you yelps in pain. "Stop talking, I'm tired." Sunmi rolls her eyes. "Because you talked to Baekhyun?" You snorts, finally sitting up straight and yawns. "I don't even talk to him. He was the one who talk."

 

"Until when you want to be this awkward around strangers?"

 

Sunmi knows its not only because of you feeling awkward, its something that you develop since you small. You are a very timid person and you couldn't mix well with new environment and new people. When you met Sunmi for the first time, she was the one who tried hard to have conversation with you. As time passes, you grow fond of Sunmi and you two become bestfriend. "You can't even make an order in restaurant." You know that. "I won't be here with you for the rest of your life, seriously get a boyfriend." You scofss at that. Sunmi thinks when you have a boyfriend, this problem of yours will be solves. But how do you want to find a boyfriend if you can't even talk to strangers?

 

"But you can't even talk to strangers." She make a face and you slaps her arms lightly, making her laugh. "But then, we are talking about Byun Baekhyun. The smartass student in Language who do musical and loved by many. Can't you see his musical posters around the campus?" You do, but you don't bother to see it. "Why can't you talk to Byun freaking Baekhyun! ugh." Sunmi frustratedly grips on her hair as she drives her car.

 

"Because he is a stranger to me, Sunmi."

 

Silence. Sunmi probably know that you are still feeling nervous from the counter with Baekhyun.

 

"I can't talk with strangers."

 

 

****

 

You fidgetting as you make a choice in your mind, whether to walk in the cafe or wait for your best friend in your already empty class. But your friend wouln't be finish until one hour later and you are really hungry from not having breakfast before your class. You plug in your earphone on your iPhone and start to blast your ears with your favorite music. You walk to the cafe while playing with your iPhone, pretending to text someone to avoid someone from talking to you. But not like anyone knows you apart from your classmates.

 

Someone tap your shoulder from behind when you are about to occupied the empty table, you immediately turn around only to meet a man who smiling widely. Your eyes widen as you gasps softly. Baekhyun chuckles softly at your reactions, he then kneel down to pick something before he show you your lab card. You take off one of the earphone from your ears when he stands again. "You dropped this earlier". You must dropped it when you were looking down on your iPhone. You hesitately take it from Baekhyun and bow a litlle, you mumbles a thank you, Baekhyun must heard it eventhough you are mumbling, he actually said you are welcome.

 

You bows a bit to him when he didn't seems to move away from you, then you sit on the chair, not minding whether Baekhyun is still there or not as you put your notes on the table.You was searching for your pen when you see from the end of your eyes that Baekhyun is sitting accross you. You looks up from searching your pen in your bag. He has his eyes on you.

 

"Are you alone?" You nods.

 

"Are you going to study?" You nods again, this time when you find your pen you immediately looks down on your note and starts reading it. But your attention isn't on your notes, but instead on the man in front of you. "Oh then, I'm going to study with you too!" He exclaims with his voice slightly raises with excitedment. Your heart skips a beat.

 

With your eyes still looking down on your notes, you finally speak. "uhm..but my friend will be here soon." Baekhyun hums in response, his hand reach to your notes and he scans it. He let out a low groans. "Chemistry is a tough subject, don't you think so?" You can only shrugs a bit because you don't think that its a tough subject because you like it. Your fingers fidgetting, not feeling comfortable with Baekhyun in front of you and keep iniating a conversation with you. You can only pray to God that your friend, Sunmi will arrive sooner than you expected.

 

As if making the situations even worse, Baekhyun suddenly greet someone loudly. "Sehun!! Here !" Your grips on your pen tighten as you hear another man approaching your table with a nags. "Hyung, seriously." He put down two bottle of peach tea on the table and smacks Baekhyun on his shoulder, Baekhyun snickers. "Stop ordering me around." You glances at the other man and when your eyes meet with his, you lower your head again. "This is her?" Baekhyun hums. "Now, go away Sehun." The other man doesn't seems pleased at all but he left anyway.

 

"This is for you." Baekhyun open the bottle cap and hands it to you. You have to accept it when Baekhyun whines about how hurt his arms is from holding the bottle too long. You can see his cheeky smile when you took it from him. "Anyway, I have something for you." Your eyebrows slightly raises at that and you slowly looks at him with a slight frown. Baekhyun smiles when his eyes meet yours, you blush a little not used of this situation. You mumbles. "What is it?"

 

Baekhyun take out two pieces of ticket and put it on your notes, your eyes immediately scans the ticket and the thought of Baekhyun asking her out for a movie is scaring her. Who on earth ask someone on movie during their second encounter? As if he can read your mind, he chuckles before her said "I'm not asking you out for a movie." You not sure why, but your heart can feel a slight of disappoinment at that. "But maybe next time I will, when we are getting closer." You glances at him and before you can look away, he winks at you making you slightly blush, he laughs. "That's a ticket for my musical tonight. You can go with your friend, Sunmi."

 

Byun Baekhyun? Giving me his musical's tickets? Why? Your forehead form a slight frown as you grab the ticket and read the letters on it. Baekhyun grins. "Why you must ask, right? I want to be your friend." You freeze on your spot, your eyes still looking on the ticket, not dare to look at Baekhyun. Just in time when you doesn't know what to do, your friend Sunmi shouts your name and you immediately turn towards the voice, your lips curves into a smile.

 

"Ah my baby!" Sunmi hugs you from behind and pecks your cheek. Baekhyun raises his eyebrows at that, he looks at Sunmi with unreadable looks but both of you and Sunmi just ignore it. Sunmi squints at that and sits next to you. "What? Why are you here with my friend?" You shows Sunmi the tickets and she suddenly squeals. Sunmi has been always like that, so loud. Very different with you. "You are giving your musical's tickets for us?" and too much questions too.

 

Baekhyun nods. "and I see her alone, so I decided to join her while she wait for you." Sunmi give him a strange look before she looks around the cafe and back at Baekhyun. "But you usually sit with your hot friends." Baekhyun chuckles at that before he shrugs, giving you a cheeky smile. "I ditched them for someone cute infront of me" You looks down at your note as you feel your cheek heat up at the sudden compliment.

 

"Heol, did you just flirted with my bestfriend?"

 

Baekhyun shrugs before he stands up as he gather his things in his arms. "hey." He called you, you look up from your note to meet his eyes. His lips slowly curves into a bright smile. "See you tonight."

 

***

If it wasn't because your best friend, Sunmi who forced you to get out of your bed and literally dragged you out of your house, you wouldn't be here in the hall waiting for the musical to starts. You always hate how the Art and Perfomance students are so talkative and too sociable, you actually doesn't want anyone to ask you anything, but a few of them did.

 

"Is this your first time watching musical?" You believe that's one of the Art and Perfomance student judging from his outfit, might be one of the actors tonight too. You only nods lightly as you looks down at the pamplet they gave you earlier. "This will be the best experience you will ever have." You looks up at him still feeling uncomfortable with his look, he hold out his hand and open his palm infront of you, you frowns when there are a few candies on his palm. "I'm Junmyeon, and that's for you in case you are feeling sleepy." You doesn't know what to do so you only stares at the candies before your bestfriend, Sunmi grab it from him.

 

"Thanks Junmyeon, we will enjoy it." Sunmi grins at him, which resulted to him laughing. You clears your throat when he said see you again before he disappers to the backstage. Sunmi give you a look. "What?" You asked, getting one of the candies from her. "What's with these men getting too sweet with you?" you just shrug as you unwraps the candies. "Talking about men, there he is, your first ever man this year." You frown, doesn't understand what she said until you hear Baekhyun's voice calling out your name.

 

"My goodness." You whisper to yourself, starting to regretting your choice of coming here. Baekhyun stands in front of you and you can hear the other girls around are cooing over how good he looks tonight, and you don't even bother to look at his face like usual. Baekhyun greets you and you just nods at him. "Is that for me?" Before you can even process what he is talking about, he grab the candy from your hand and eat it, you look up at him with wide eyes but didn't say anything. Baekhyun laughs and his hand reach to your head to pats it softly. Your heart skip a beat. "See you later, darl." He said before he walks to the backstage again.

 

You, still couldn't process what happened just now then look at Sunmi who has a wide smile on her face. "What just happened?" Sunmi shakes her head lightly, knowing how clueless you can be at times. She didn't answer your question but instead saying the musical will start in few second so both of you looks in front and didnt talk anymore.

 

****

 

Honestly, writing this is fun and I have few scenes in my head waiting to be written.

I will try to update soon, please give lots of love to this fics because fluff baekhyun is my anthem <3

Also, more fluff coming in next chapter !

Thank you for reading.