You Don't Have To Be Alone

Disney Tales All End In lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lynn’s third day at work is a Saturday, which means it’s at the weekend, which implies many things Lynn is currently trying to avoid thinking about them. Things like how crowded the place is going to be and how she is going to spend the whole day there since she doesn’t have classes. Thankfully Soonyoung parks his car beside the sidewalk where she’s waiting for him at that moment, stopping her from having a panic attack in the middle of the streets.

“I am going to cry.” Is the first thing Lynn says when she enters the car. Soonyoung rolls his eyes, as if he’s so used to such behavior from the girl, which he is. “Hi to you too, Love.”

“Don't call me that.” Lynn whines, rolling down her window and feeling the wind hitting her face as Soonyoung drives off.

“But you are my love.” He whines back, sending her a cheesy wink which results in her rolling her eyes at him this time around.

“This is exactly why Moonbyul was giving us looks last time.”

Soonyoung chuckles. “So, you noticed.”

“I am not dense, Soon.”

“Sure.” Soonyoung says sarcastically, laughing when Lynn smacks his arm. “But what’s wrong with loving my best friend? Do we have to be dating for me to be loving towards you?”

Lynn shrugs. “Shouldn’t you be the one telling me? Considering I know nothing about friendships since you are my only friend.”

The boy sighs at that, shaking disapprovingly at his friend’s words. “Do you have to mention the fact that am your only friend every day? Plus, you are having more friends now at work, so it’s not even true at this point.”

“They aren’t my friends.” Lynn deadpans.

“Jeonghan is going to be so heartbroken if he hears you, he already labels you as one of his kids.”

“He was just being kind and didn’t want me to feel left out.” Lynn mutters, not wanting Soonyoung’s words to get to her head and make her believe Jeonghan actually likes her.

Soonyoung groans. “If I wasn’t driving right now, you would be having a broken limb. Why wouldn’t you believe that people actually want to befriend you?”

“Cause they ing don’t.”

Soonyoung screams in frustration. “I swear to god you need therapy.”

“Maybe I do.”

The ride is quiet after that, Lynn feels suffocated even though her window is down. And when they finally reach their destination, and Soonyoung storms off leaving Lynn alone in the parking lot, the girl realizes that maybe she owes her friend an apology. Even though she doesn’t know what she did wrong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The dressing room isn’t as full as Lynn feared it to be. As some people came earlier and were already roaming outside somewhere, while other still didn’t make it. Moonbyul is there though, and she throws Lynn a questioning look, one that Lynn knows has to do with how Soonyoung is puffing angrily at the corner while he puts his beast costume on. The second person Lynn notices, as she is walking to where her dress is, is Chan. He grins at her sight, fixing his green tie and sending her a wink. “Good morning Anya.”

Lynn smiles back, ignoring the sick feeling consuming her when Soonyoung pushes past her and out of the room. “Hi there.”

“Don’t I look good?” Chan wiggles his eyebrows, twirling around to show off his costume, which is a simple brown suit paired with a white button up. He has his hair jelled and Lynn thinks he looks more mature and handsome than when he had the dinosaur costume. “You do.”

“I know.” He says with a smirk and Lynn chuckles at him. “Jeonghan is going to be so pissed, this is the best day ever.”

Lynn just laughs quietly at his statement, reaching out to get her dress. “As long as you two don’t fight.”

“I won’t be fighting anyone today, it’s such a holy day and I won’t ruin it just like that.”

“Sure.” Lynn jokes before she excuses herself to go to one of the cubicles there, since she needs to be dressing up too. Chan lets her be but without a promise of meeting again later, since they are a couple from the movie and all. And Lynn can't turn him down when he looks so content so she just nods before leaving.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lynn doesn’t find Soonyoung at the fountain when she gets there, adding to her worry. She crosses paths with Chan though, who says he didn’t see Soonyoung around; and fails to make Lynn keep him company, as she tells him she needs to find her friend. She feels sorry for leaving the boy just like that, but she assumes that he’s so happy for being Dimitri right now to care.

Not knowing where else to search for her friend, Lynn ends up going to the coffee shop, hoping Soonyoung is there or that Joshua has at least seen him around. Joshua smiles that sweet charming smile of his when he sees Lynn and the girl feels like she just died a little.

“Hello there princess.” He greets her, making her feel completely dead this time.

“Hey.” She mutters, feeling a blush creeping into her cheeks.

“So what brings you here? You want me to make you something to drink?” Joshua asks, reminding Lynn that she is there for a purpose and not to just to die over the boy’s godly looks.

“Have you seen Soonyoung?” she asks, looking around the place in case her friend is there and she has missed him.

Joshua tries to recall for a second before shaking his head. “I am sorry, I don’t think I saw him.”

“Okay.” Lynn mumbles with a solemn look, and Joshua casts her a concerned look before asking. “Did something happen?”

“I think we had an argument.” Lynn explains. “I am not sure, it was just our usual banter, but he stormed off after it, making me believe that it’s more serious than I thought it is.”

“Oh, I see. Well knowing Hoshi, and what a fluff ball he is, I’m sure he can’t stay mad at you for too long. Don’t worry about it too much.”

Lynn sighs. “I will try. Thanks.”

Joshua smiles. “It’s nothing. I hope you find him soon.”

“Same.” Lynn replies, the boy’s smile and comforting words make her leave the place feeling better than when she entered. She shouldn’t be worrying too much, Soonyoung will come around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soonyoung doesn’t, in fact, come around, and Lynn doesn’t stop worrying. By the time she finds someone she knows again, the fingernails of her left hand had already met the unfortunte fate of being completely eaten. To her relief, Jeonghan notices her quickly, as he calls her over. The boy was chatting with someone Lynn hasn’t met before and she was feeling anxious about interrupting them.

“My daughter.” Jeonghan exclaims with a grin when Lynn finally gets to them, and the boy beside him scoffs. “I am sorry about him.” He says with a serious tone to Lynn, before laughing when Jeonghan whines.

“She loves being my daughter.” Jeonghan screams, then attempts to discreetly whisper to Lynn. “You love being my daughter, right?” When Lynn nods in confirmation he screams again. “SHE LOVES BEING MY DAUGHTER.”

The other boy shakes his head at his friend’s act, seemingly unfazed by the looks they get by passersby. And it makes Lynn question if hanging around Jeonghan enough would make a person immune to the attention and chaos that he brings with himself. “I don’t think we have met before.” The taller between the two boys says, bringing Lynn’s focus back to him. He has black long hair, not as long as Jeonghan’s, that he has on a bun. He is wearing what looks like an armor of some kind, and Lynn guesses that he’s the general from Mulan. When Lynn glances back to his face and takes in his features more, it comes as a no surprise to her that he’s incredibly pretty. Nothing new in this land of magic. “I am Junhui, but just call me Jun. And am dressed as Li Shang.”

“Oh, yeah. I guessed correctly.” Lynn beams and Jeonghan pats her head like she’s a kid who was able to answer a question correctly in class. Lynn throws him a look before smiling back to Junhui. “And am L-“

Junhui laughs. “You think Jeonghan didn’t tell me about his favorite daughter?”

Lynn turns to look at Jeonghan doubtfully, her heart skipping a beat. Jeonghan shrugs at her nonchalantly, like chattering Junhui’s ears off about Lynn is a normal thing to do; which to Jeonghan, is exactly that.

“He’s ridiculous, I know.” Junhui jokes, smiling sympathetically at Lynn and the girl laughs, appreciating the witty humor the boy seems to have.

“So, what are you doing roaming around? You seemed to be looking for someone.” Jeonghan, ever the observant one, asks. And Lynn’s smile gradually falls, she can’t believe that the two boys have made her forget about her missing friend for a moment there. “Yeah, I am actually looking for Soonyoung. Did anyone of you see him?”

Jeonghan shakes his head regretfully and Lynn sighs. But before she feels too disappointed, Junhui perks up, clapping his hands at the memory that apparently struck him. “I saw him earlier.” He informs and Lynn unconsciously clutches into his arm, urging him to continue talking as she stares at him with eager blue eyes. “He was heading to meet Hao like usual.”

Lynn turns to Jeonghan. “Hao?”

“He’s a performer here, his actual name is Minghao. Hoshi helps him to prepare for his performance. Though it’s just an excuse to take off his costume and dance around, sometimes even effectively changing and adding to the other’s choreography.”

Lynn nods in understanding, slightly surprised that Soonyoung didn’t keep his passion for dancing here a secret. It was a bit of a taboo subject after his parents denied his desire of pursuing it. “And where can I find him?”

Junhui tells Lynn that it’s in the second floor of the castle that has the wonderland themed in the first floor. Jeonghan is about to offer walking her there but Lynn assures him that she knows where it is and that she in fact already met Seulgi there. Junhui then describes to her the room she most likely will find Soonyoung at, and with a thanks Lynn is making her way to the said castle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lynn is stopped through her walk more than she anticipated. It’s not the people asking for pictures that surprise her though, but it’s Seungkwan waving at her from afar when he sees her; it’s Mingyu greeting her and wishing her a good day; it’s Miyoung stopping her for light chatter. Heck, even Jihoon casts her a smile when he sees her. And by the end of it, Lynn is feeling warm, her heart full like it never was. It almost felt like she has friends.

When Lynn sets foot into the castle, she doesn’t waste any time as she hurries to the second floor, not even checking if Seulgi is at where Lynn has last seen her the prior day. It doesn’t take Lynn long before she finds the backroom Junhui has told her about, since the latter seemed to be really good at describing places. The girl hesitantly moves to the door, heart beating loudly as she places her hand over the doorknob. She can hear voices arguing inside, and she recognizes one of them being Soonyoung’s even when his voice is being muffled by the door.

“Trust me Hao.” Soonyoung whines.

“My version is better. Leave me alone.” The other boy says and Lynn quirks her eyebrows at the unfamiliar voice, the boy seemingly not Korean, judging from the accent.

“Your version is good. But mine is better.” Soonyoung deadpans and Lynn can imagine him staring at Minghao with what he thinks are very convincing eyes.

Minghao sighs. “This is my job and am using mine. You can apply to the job if you want to use yours.”

“Oh, come on, I am too busy being the beast.” Soonyoung wails and Lynn smiles at the idea of her friend pouting at the other boy. Minghao laughs at him and soon Soonyoung follows, and Lynn thinks this is a good moment to enter. She knocks quietly before inviting herself in.

“Staff only.” Soonyoung exclaims from the stool he’s sitting on, before he raises his head and his eyes fall on Lynn. “Oh.”

“I have been searching for you all over the place.” Lynn accuses, not breaking eye contact with her friend until Minghao coughs from his place on the floor, apparently still stretching. The boy had grey hair that’s parted, wore a blue tank top with white ripped pants and even had some eyeliner and possibly eyeshadow on. And Lynn thinks he looks hot above anything else, for lack of better terms.

“Hi.” The boy finally stands up, extending his arm for a head shake. “I am Minghao.”

Lynn shakes his hand, staring blankly at his smile. How can someone go from y to adorable in the span of one second. “L-Lynn.”

Minghao glances between Lynn and Soonyoung, and how the latter is staring at the wall while Lynn fidgets with her gloves. He then says quietly. “I will be leaving you two to talk.”

 “No, no.” Lynn blurts, shaking her hands. “I am sorry for interrupting, you shouldn’t be leaving because of me.”

“It’s fine.” He sends her another shy smile and Lynn almost raises her eyebrow at him. She smiles back instead. And with that Minghao leaves.

Lynn turns to Soonyoung, her eyes widening when he starts making his way towards the door too. “Where do you think you are going?” she asks as she blocks his way. Soonyoung doesn’t answer, as he tries to pry Lynn’s hands off him and walking past her. Lynn sighs, before forcefully dragging him back to the stool he was at and making him sit there again. “I didn’t search for you for all this time so I can let you escape just like that.” Soonyoung is still not meeting her eyes and she groans. “Soon, what’s wrong? What did I do to make you treat me this way?”

Lynn doesn’t know what makes Soonyoung finally answers her, if it’s her desperate tone or her shaking voice. “It’s nothing Lynn.”

“The you mean by nothing?” She yells in frustration, her eyes tearing up. “You are avoiding and ignoring me. And won’t even look at my face, and you tell me it’s ing nothing?”

Soonyoung pushes Lynn’s hand that’s been clutching his wrist and finally looks at her. His face falls when he notices the tears threatening to fall from her eyes. Lynn stares down at her hand that Soonyoung pushed, and she’s about to break down because her friend doesn’t even want to touch her. But Soonyoung doesn’t give her time to do that when he engulfs her into a hug.

“I am so sorry. It’s me, not you. Please don’t cry.” Soonyoung’s pleading voice does the opposite of what he’s asking from Lynn, as the girl finally burst out into tears. “Why were you ignoring me?” she says between sobs as she hides her face into his neck and hug him tightly.

Soonyoung sighs. “It’s stupid.”

“No tell me.” Lynn pushes. “I am sure it has some importance if it made you unable to even look at me.”

The boy sighs, caressing the girl’s back to calm her down. “Please don’t take it the wrong way though.” When he feels Lynn nodding silently against him, he continues. “Well at first I got mad at you for saying bull. With how you were saying people don’t want to befriend you and what not. Because I thought that you wouldn’t be thinking like that anymore the moment you see how friendly everyone treats you here.”

“Soon-“

“No let me finish.” He cuts her off. “I know that I can’t be expecting that of you though. That’s why I became mad at myself rather, because it’s been only two days of you being here. I can’t have you magically get over all your insecurities, now can I?”

Lynn sighs, detaching herself from her friend. “I am sorry.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry about.”

“No, there is. I am always making you worry about me and am such a ing burden.”

“You are not.” Soonyoung fires back, blowing on his hair in frustration. “I only worry about you because I care. You were never a burden to me. I just want you to be happy, umm?”

Lynn hums, and Soonyoung smiles holding her cheeks with his hands and wiping the tears there with his thumb.  At that moment the door flung open, Lynn turns in alarm at the intruder while Soonyoung just glance back at it like he doesn’t care if anyone witnesses the two of them being all mushy, as he keeps his hands on the girl’s face. Minghao, who’s the one at the door, stops in his track, staring at the two with wide eyes and what Lynn thinks is a slight blush on his cheeks. “I-I am sorry, I forgot my nunchucks.” He says as he rushes to his backpack and fumbles for the said nunchucks before he’s running outside.

“What’s with him?” Lynn asks.

Soonyoung shrugs, laughing as he squishes Lynn’s cheeks. “He’s a weird kid.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they go down to the first floor, Soonyoung is wearing his beast costume again and Lynn is sporting a smile. They are surprised to find Jeonghan chatting with Seulgi there, and when they approach them Jeonghan leaps towards them. “My babies.” Jeonghan exclaims. “I see that you have made up.”

“I mean who can stay upset as such an angel face.” Soonyoung says, pulling Lynn towards him and she cringes. “I can never take you seriously when you are with this costume.” This earns her laughs from both Jeonghan and Seulgi while Soonyoung growls at her as he pushes her away.

“Well me and Jeonghan were just planning on playing cards together.” Seulgi, who’s sitting on the far end of the table, just like last time, says. “You wanna join?”

Before Lynn can think about accepting the offer or not, Soonyoung is agreeing for the both of them and pulling Lynn towards the table. Seulgi grins, shuffling the cards impressively. When Lynn compliments her about it though, Soonyoung snatches the cards from the girl and attempt to copy her actions. He fails miserably though, the cards flying everywhere. Seulgi assures him that the hands of his costume made it worse, but she’s still laughing at him.

“Let Mama Han show you real magic.” Jeonghan says after they have gathered the cards. He catches Lynn interest with that, who expects him to blow her mind with a cards’ trick. It didn’t seem farfetched for him to be good at yet another thing. But then Jeonghan makes her choose a random card, then not very stealthily checks said card before he turns it to the pack. Lynn stares at him in bewilderment, as he shamelessly searches for her card, and shows it her, asking if it’s correct.

“Are you serious?” Soonyoung says.

“Yes I am.” Jeonghan deadpans. “Now tell me Lynn, is this your card?”

“Bu-“

“Is.this.your.card?” the glint in Jeonghan’s eyes is scary so Lynn finds herself nodding. Suddenly he’s grinning again. “See? I told you I am a magician.”

“I love delusional people.” Soonyoung declares just as Seulgi starts clapping. “That’s so impressive.”

Lynn turns to Soonyoung with wide eyes. “Are they serious?"

Soonyoung nods with a grave expression. “Sadly.”

 

 

 

They finally start playing, and by playing Lynn means fighting. Because Jeonghan is obviously cheating, and he keeps winking at Lynn to keep quiet. Soonyoung catches him doing that and is coaxing it out of Lynn. But the girl is keeping shut, half because she still remembers Jeonghan’s scary look of early but also because his wink is extremely attractive.

“Lynn.” Seulgi calls, joining Soonyoung’s mission to get it out of Lynn. “I helped you get some peace yesterday, remember? You should be paying me back.”

Lynn bites her lips, uncertain of what to do anymore. Jeonghan is making puppy eyes at her now and her heart never felt this torn. To her relief, Seungkwan barges in the place like he owns it. They all turn to stare at them as he calls for Jeonghan. “Elsa, I have been searching for you all around.”

Jeonghan sighs. “Seulgi, I was actually cheating. Please, kill me because of it. At least I won’t have to deal with that boy.”

Seulgi laughs. “Why would I? Seungkwan is exactly the punishment you deserve right now.”

Jeonghan smacks his head on the table, and Soonyoung laughs before pushing the chair in front of him with his foot for Seungkwan to sit. Lynn isn’t sure if her friend meant for that chair to be the one beside Jeonghan, but when she sees Soonyoung smirking she realizes that he sure meant it. “Singing Let it go is not fun when there’s no one getting annoyed at me.”

“So, I get from you that the sole purpose of you searching for me is to piss me off?” Jeonghan mutters dejectedly, head still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter