ch.3: Second Date (1/2)

Responsibilities [Edited ver.]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Get up!" 

"Why? It's Saturday, I don't have to work today and Momo didn't call me." Jeongyeon groaned.

"But we're visiting Jennie today, so get dressed. And it's noon already, so move and get up." 

"Who's Jennie?"

"Mina's cute little daughter? I promised her to take care of her today." 

"Oh, that Jennie. You know, that's great and all, but I don't see why I have to come with you," Jeongyeon said, considering Nayeon knew she wasn't the best with kids.

"Because I'll be gone the whole day and you're probably going to destroy something in here. And I might also miss you a bit, so come with me please?" Nayeon asked in tone she knew Jeongyeon couldn't resist. 

The short haired girl sighed and got up, walking into the bathroom. "I can't believe I'm giving up my free time for her." she muttered under her breath. Maybe Momo was right when she told Jeongyeon she was whipped for her girlfriend, even though she would always deny that when asked.

After twenty minutes, she was ready. She might've taken a bit longer on purpose. "Alright, we can go."

"Don't you want to eat something first?" Nayeon asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nah, I'm sure Mina has food at home." Jeongyeon answered, grabbing her keys and already going out the door.

Nayeon sighed and followed her.

---

The doorbell rang. 

"Is it Nayeon!?" Jennie asked excited.

"Let's see," Mina replied, "do you want to open the door?" 

The kid nodded and sprinted towards the door to open it, although she struggled a bit with it because of her rather unfortunate height. 

"Hi, little one!" Nayeon exclaimed, kneeling down to pull the girl in a hug. 

Jeongyeon stood by the doorframe, fidgeting on the hem of her shirt, not knowing what to do. Mina laughed at the sight. 

Nayeon stood up again. "Jennie, this is Jeongyeon." she said, throwing her arm around her girlfriend who smiled at the little girl, though rather awkwardly.

"Is he your husband?" Jennie asked curiously.

"No. She is my girlfriend." Nayeon chuckled, patting Jennie's head as she nodded in understanding.

"Hi." Jeongyeon said, waving at her. It was the first time that she met Jennie and she felt uncomfortable. She has never really interacted with a child before and now she was going to be with her for at least 5 hours. She told herself everything would go well as long as Nayeon was there.

"Come in, guys." Mina said and the two stepped in. 

"Long time no see, Mina. You got prettier since I saw you the last time." Jeongyeon remarked.

"Thank you, Jeong. You too, I like your blonde hair, it really suits you."

Nayeon cleared . "I'm still here you know." 

"Naaww, is my Nayeonie jealous?" Jeongyeon asked with her typical grin that only riled up Nayeon even more.

"No."

"Yes you are!"

"Am not."

"Yes, you-"

"Enough." Mina interrupted. "Have fun you three. I'll be going now," she said, kissing her daughter on the forehead before she left.

"What do you want to do now?" Nayeon asked, smiling at Jennie.

"I want to cuddle with Nayeonie~" 

Nayeon giggled and opened her arms. Jennie jumped in right away. 

Meanwhile Jeongyeon was looking through Mina's refrigerator, searching for something to eat as she didn't have anything better to do

Please log in to read the full chapter