Daydream

Fluff oneshots Part 2

                                                                 

 

Rated M for Language

 

Today happened to be the day I met you. I was on my way to meet my friend, Natalie at our usual place. I was already late and right as I turned the corner, I bumped into you. You who caught me, before I plummeted my face to the ground.

“ Are you okay?” You asked me

I nodded, “Thanks. I should had been more careful”.

“Wouldn’t want a pretty face like yours to get hurt”, you chuckled.

Were you flirting with me? Or am I overthinking it? Damn, you’re really cute. You’re probably even younger than me maybe.

---

“Are you okay? Your face is all red. Here drink some water”, Natalie offered.

I thanked her and gulped the whole thing.

“You wouldn’t believe what happened to me”.

“You got lost? Your favorite makeup is running out?” she laughed.

“ No. I was rushing here and bumped into this cutie, who saved me from planting my face,” I explained.

“ Do you happen to take a photo of him? I want to know how cu- don’t give me that look Adrena,” she rolled her eyes. “ You would had done the same”.

 

After eating so much, I decided that we should walk it off and go sit somewhere. But then, you remembered that you needed groceries because your boyfriend was coming into town soon. I was going to reject you but you promised that we could ice cream after, and what kind of a person would I be to decline free dessert?

---

“What do you need?” following beside you, getting a bit distracted by the aisle of snacks displayed.

“Hmm, I know I need some meat, veggies and most likely drinks. Maybe some dessert too”.

I grimaced at the word, I don’t like veggies. You then went on about how your lover was doing but I lost you because my attention went somewhere else. I couldn’t believe my eyes, he was right there by the chips section, few feet away from us.

I tugged your shirt and pointed his way discreetly, “That’s the guy I was talking about earlier~”

“No way, him? You weren’t kidding. You should go talk to him”.

“Talk to him and say what? He won’t remember me,” I sighed.

“You’ll never know, maybe this is your fate. This is the only time you will probably see him again”.

You wiggled your eyebrows at me.

“I am going to regret this”.

You did remember me and we chatted as if we were best friends who haven’t seen each other in a long time. Natalie was right, if I didn’t talk to him I wouldn’t had see him again. I learned his name, Jungkook. Fresh out of college, trying to get into the music industry, OverWatch player and apparently a very competitive person. I only learned after watching him trying to win me a plush from the claw machine.

 

--- [Time skip]

As we progressed, our relationship became something more. But there was something wrong and I wasn’t the only one who noticed.

“Jungkook? What’s wrong?” I sat next to him, carefully hugging his waist.

He flinched and gently pulled away.

Okay, something is definitely wrong.

“Let’s break up Adrena…”

I was shocked but had seen it coming.

“What are you talking about? Did I do anything wrong?”

I didn’t understand, I did my best putting my everything into this relationship.

“I don’t love you anymore…”

Laughing awkwardly, “that wasn’t a nice joke”.

He turned to me, his expression was hard to read.

“I’m not joking. I never loved you, I was only using you this whole time. I only dated you out of pity, plus I’ve been seeing someone on the side”.

 

I ran out of there, not knowing where the heck I was going. I couldn’t believe it… this whole time it was all a lie. Out of pity? What the ! How dare do this to me? ughh , I can’t believe I even dated his , I knew it was too true. This type of stuff only happens in movies, not in real life. As I was ranting in my head and shouting all foul profinaties to his stupid , I didn’t pay attention. I didn’t hear the car at all…


 

----

Beep.. beep.. Beep..

I opened and saw white. Is this heaven? Wait.. heaven shouldn’t smell like alcohol. I looked around and found out I’m in a hospital. How? Did I not die from impact? This is a mistake right? I blinked my eyes and nope, everything is still the same.

“ What the ?”

The door opened and revealed Natalie, her boyfriend and the doctor.

“OMG YOU’RE AWAKE!!” Natalie ran to me and hugged me tightly, too scared to let me go again.

“What happened?” I was confused.

“You don’t remember? We were ice skating with the boys and you managed to slip, face first onto the ice. I was so scared because you were unconscious, but luckily Jungkook thought fast and got you here”.

“Jungkook? That doesn’t make any sense, I was at his place…”

Now Natalie was confused, “His place? Why do you think that?”

I explained what happened but she was trying not to laugh.

The doctor interrupted us, “ You may had dreamt it, or should I say daydream”.

“So I didn’t get hit by a car?”

“No that isn’t possible because you only have minor injuries,” he pointed to my forehead. “Don’t worry, it will go away in a few days but I recommend resting till you feel better”.

---

I woke up again after napping for a couple hours. There was a figure sleeping next to my legs, it was one of the boys but I couldn’t tell who. I reached my hands to his head and poked it till he woke up.

“Five more minutes,” he groaned.

“Jungkook?” I softly said.

He instantly got up after hearing me call his name, he was displaying a cute bed head. Wait, what?

“Hey! Are you feeling better? You fell pretty rough back there” Jungkook looked very concerned and had his signature puppy eyes.

It all seemed fake and I wanted to yell at him for what he did, except this wasn’t dream Jungkook, this was reality Jungkook.

“I think i’m okay? I just have this stupid bruise..” I touched my forehead and winced a bit.

He nodded and thought for a bit, “I’m glad you’re okay. You got me worried, I-I mean everyone was worried”.

Giggling, “Would you like to go on a date with me Jungkook?”

“I-I Yes, of course I would,” He stuttered.

In return, I leaned over and pecked his cheek.

“Thanks for saving me”.



A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed! Tried a new style, what do you think? xD