Save File 7 : Day 1 : Evening

Sea Foam {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

A yawn escaped from Chanhee's lips, still maneuvering the drone around the city sky in hopes that he'd eventually run into something but it seemed pretty futile with all of these people cluttering around the streets, trying to return home from a tiring day of work. He lost track of the amount of times nearby kids either pointed at it and screamed in fascination or tried to take down the drone itself with a rock or something.

The rooftop door opened, making him glance up to see if it's the fourth random person (either someone who also lives in the apartment complex or worked in it and at least wanted a break) who will make eye contact before awkwardly backing away from the door. Instead, he made eye contact with Juyeon, who had a blanket in the crook of his elbow and a mug of what was most likely steaming hot chocolate from the rather strong aroma it gave.

"I brought some gifts in case you got cold," the puppet smiled, closing the door to the rooftop behind him.

"Thank you," Chanhee mumbled, returning his focus on the monitor as Juyeon settled besides him. He asked without glancing over, "What's the time limit again?"

"The rest of the day, meaning you have around six hours left."

"Thanks. No offense, but this is a really bad first mission."

"Really? I'm sure that compared to your later missions this will be the simplest," true to what the letter informed him, the puppet was innocent. In fact, Juyeon was very innocent as it didn't seem like he understood the severity of this mission.

Chanhee frowned, moving the drone to rest on the top of a building for a bit before it burned out from overuse. He turned to Juyeon and was about to speak when the latter handed him the mug with a smile, obviously thinking he was going to ask for the hot chocolate. For the sake of the latter, he took the mug and took a small sip before beginning to say what he was originally about to say.

"Well it's true that at first the mission sounds simple but it's not at all, especially for an amnesiac. I don't remember the basic layout of this city and the population size here, not to mention I don't have and am not able to acquire the knowledge of who and where the other contestants are. And the punishment?" Chanhee took another sip of the hot chocolate before placing it off to the side, "Death to those who fail to do so. You got to remember that there's the 'Möbius Strip' program 'installed' into all contestants, meaning if one of us fails, all of us die, not just them."

"Ohh..." Juyeon nodded in understanding, leaving Chanhee slightly unsettled at how easily he accepted the information.

Well, he is a puppet after all. They're essentially "robots", he shook his head, ridding his attention on any more distractions, before he picked up his remote control again and continued to survey the city. He changed the subject, "Can you at least give me a hint as to where I can find the others?"

Juyeon blinked before thinking for a bit, tapping his chin in the process. He paused, answering, "How do I hint you?" and Chanhee had let out a tired sigh.

"I don't know. Do you know the game Hot or Cold for finding items and stuff? Well, assuming that you know where the other contestants are from a program installed into you or something." A nod. "How about we go with that? Would that work within the game's parameter?"

"Yes, that would." Juyeon smiled, "In this case, you're cold."

"Frigid?"

Another nod.

Chanhee paused to retrace his steps of where he had surveyed, quickly summarizing that he has at least surveyed ground level. He spun the drone around midair before he realized that the area he was in had many tall buildings, a few skyscrapers even. He began to direct the drone upwards.

"Lukewarm."

While heading up, he passed by a sign, the actual name of the building he was facing passing as a blur but he barely managed to see the word "dance". The building's walls were entirely made up of glass, a few figures distributed in certain areas here and there.

"Warmer."

He slowed the drone at that, careful to survey each figure's face. Should I assume that the contestants are all around my age? Or is the diversity of the contestants wider than i think? We're bound to be if each of us have our own talent though, right?

"...t...ot.... Burning! You're burning!"

Chanhee immediately snapped out of his train of thoughts, jamming the controls to a stop as the camera peered into a dance room, predominantly made of polished wood with dance certificates hung sparsely on the walls. In the middle of it all was a boy dressed entirely in black, his back turned to the camera. The figure suddenly froze before turning slightly before pushing himself to stand up. He wandered over to the window and stared directly into the camera, as though he was staring directly at him.

"Mission complete! Well, at least for you," Juyeon spoke up.

Right as he said that, the boy's eyebrows scrunched up, slowly backing away before quickly turning to a black backpack laying on the floor. The boy rummaged through the backpack before turning around with a bow and arrow. Chanhee couldn't react immediately as the boy aimed shakily and shot, hitting one of the wings and effectively making the drone drop and crash onto the ground, the monitor going haywire then completely black.

They were completely quiet before Chanhee turned to the puppet, exclaiming, "I thought our weapons are just meant to be assisting items?!" obviously thrown off from what just happened.

Juyeon simply shrugged at that.

He sighed, taking a moment to calm his panicked mindset because he was in the middle of a mission; one misstep could cause him to die from not just that arrow. "Anyways, I'm in the clear. What about him?"

"Since he made eye contact with you, it counts although he was unaware of it."

"What about everyone else?"

"Everyone is in the clear," Chanhee was unable to let out a breath of relief when Juyeon added afterwards, "Well, all except one."

"Is there an uneven amount of contestants?"

When Juyeon smiled at him, he realized that he nearly forgot about how he couldn't ask for certain bits of information- or more like he couldn't ask for specifics about the other contestants. He suppressed a groan of annoyance, choosing to think about the given rules as some form of hint.

Age? The boy I found seemed to be younger than me so others are highly likely to be around my age. Setting? If he was in something like a dance studio then there's no way to narrow down where they could be. Even then, it can be indirect and purely coincidental seeing how even he was able to complete it without realizing it along with being in a completely different setting. Assistance? Since his assisting item was a bow and arrow and how Juyeon won't even tell me specifics about the other contestants it's most likely that the others who found someone else had a harder time than I did. I'm not sure where my drone could be so I'm reduced to that also. Chanhee saw how the sky was beginning to change from an ombre of orange and blue to blue and black. He began to gnaw at his thumb.

Okay, calm down again. The first step is to figure out why that one contestant hasn't been found yet so let's assume that none of the above apply to them at the moment. What other reason? Talent? Supposing that I'm the only amnesiac because of whatever my talent was, what other talent would hinder their ability and throw off their sense about their surroundings to accomplish this missio-

His eyes widened in realization.

"Their talent made them blind."