Chapter 3 - 내가 미쳐 (Going Crazy)

We Take a Shot
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHEN

 

Chen was observing the RF from afar. The binoculars he was using had a scanner in them, but it wasn't picking up on anything at all from the robot. Seriously? He thought, D.O. and Sehun had said that these could scan anything and yet he was getting nada, zip, absolutely nothing.  As he was looking for wiring or structural damage he noticed an explosion not that far off from the RF. What in the hell is that? How many explosions were there going to be today? He thought Xiumin had everything under control. He saw something fly from the explosion, he put his hand up over his eyes to look up to see what exactly was headed his way. He couldn't quite tell what it was but with it's trajectory it was coming very close to where he was stationed. He watched it start to descend and land not too far from where he had stationed himself. When the dust settled he saw a body. Approaching it cautiously he saw that it was Xiumin, looking for movement he worried for a minute looking for vital life signs.

 

“Hey, you alright?" Chen whispered to his teammate, using his toe to nudge the older's foot. He heard some groaning and crouched down to do a better assessment on the man.

"My body feels fuzzy. Like I have pins and needles." He struggled to get out.

"Well, you've probably had about 25-30 milliamps of electricity running through your body." Chen explained. "I know our bodies can be quite resistant, but you know better than that."

 

“It seemed like a good idea at the time. Our communications are down, so who knows what else." Xiumin explained.

"That is true. Well, good job I guess." Chen smiled, while giving the other a shrug. He noticed something white among the debris next to his hyung. It was another one of their power cables that had come unplugged. Chen wondered why they didn't bother with something stronger, but at the time they never thought that this is how they would be taking on the RF. Hopefully this was the last one that they had to plug in. If they had to find more while also fighting this destruction bot then their job was going to be harder than they imagined. He just hoped that the communications would come back up in time. He reached out and picked up the two ends, he noticed that one of the pugs had been damaged and without proper repair it wouldn't be able to handle the electrical current that they would require. He decided to take the cords with him to work on while the others distracted the RF.

 

“I'm going to see if I can get these repaired to get everything up and running." Chen said collecting the cords and searching the area for any supplies that may be nearby. "You should just chill here ice man until  the tingling feeling of your muscles has gone away."

"Haha, very funny. How are you going to fix them without ending up like me? What are you going to do?" Xiumin inquired.

 

“Well, I'll try and fix these first. I don't really have a plan, but whatever it is, it'll be electrifying."

Please log in to read the full chapter