Chapter 2 - What U Do

We Take a Shot
Please log in to read the full chapter

D.O.

D.O. Was with Xiumin, their demolitions expert who decided that they needed a more intense explosion last minute. He looked to the older and watched as Xiumin set up the fuses and attached them to the timer that he and Chen had collaborated on. They just had to set up the last fuse and then they could move to the safe zone out of the range of the explosion that would be set off.

"I don't think this is a good idea hyung..." D.O. hesitated. " The others won't be expecting a bigger blast than what we had previously decided on"

"It'll be fine. It won't be that big. We still have the ground level in which to set trap and hide in." Xiumin replied. He then turned and smiled to D.O. "The explosion won't be that big."

"If you say so... I think we should call through and warn everyone-" D.O. started. An alarm starting to ring.

 

"Too late now. Are you ready for some action?" Xiumin beamed.

"Why are you so excited for this?" D.O. questioned.

 

“Aren't you? We've been sitting idle for so long. I am ready to do things again." Xiumin responded.

Suddenly a countdown started. The two males looked at each other and nodded. Then finished the wiring and started to make their way to their assigned escape route grabbing their weapons on the way. D.O. Pulled down his goggles in case of flying debris. Mere seconds away from their safe zone the detonation started. The boys were blown forward from the after effects of the blast.

 

D.O. wiped his clothes off from all the dirt and bits of concrete that has fallen during the explosion. He looked around and saw that their trap had not only caved in the lower levels but had also levelled the ground floor with just a few partials of walls standing. He heard some movement behind him, feeling panicked he quickly reached for his gun to prepare himself for what would come.

 

“Relax, it's just me." Xiumin's voiced called. He was crouched down walking towards D.O. with his gun in hand. "Stay low. It survived the blast."

"How? I didn't think that they could put together a robot that could survive the interplanetary travel and be able to perform infantry tasks." D.O. wondered.

 

“Well they have, and it's time to ready ourselves." Xiumin replied, digging around in the destroyed concrete. "Damn it! My explosives bag isn't here, it must be buried further away or deeper down. I can't find it."

"Well, comparing to our previous efforts of blowing it up, I don't think it would matter much if you did f

Please log in to read the full chapter