Chapter 1 - 전야 (The Eve)

We Take a Shot
Please log in to read the full chapter

KAI

When Kai had awaken he was among the rubble of what use to be their on the ground base. Kai's vision was still a little fuzzy and he could hear a faint ringing in his ears from the explosion. He pulled off his goggles to take in the surroundings. It looks like D.O. and Xiumin had overdid it again. The explosion had been set as a safeguard in case there was an intended breach or hostile entry. He expected the blast to destroy whatever managed to breach their base along with their underground levels, but what he didn't expect was for their safe guard to almost completely level the ground levels as well. They had been expecting the Red Force to gather the leaked, barely disguised intel that would lead them right to them. Hopefully, this robot was the one that they had been hearing about from inside the RF, a robot that had glitched programming and wasn't able to function for long periods of time.

Kai gingerly rose to his feet but braced himself as he felt the earth rumble. Looking carefully around he ducked behind a partially standing wall, unsure of what would happen next. Quickly grabbing the newly built gun from his holster he readied himself. Sliding against the wall he moved his way to his right to peaked around the lower part of the wall. The robot  was still fully operational. He cursed under his breath. He remembered D.O. claimed that RF wouldn't have been able to make a fair sized robot that would be able to withstand an immense blast of heat that was set up in the explosion. He had to think of a plan. He wasn't sure where the others were with all the debris and destruction around. Maybe the coms were still working? He pressed the hidden button on the side of his goggles and tried to make a transmission.

 

"Guys, I have the target in my sights. It's located at the east wing near the lab. Over." Kai said as he tried to stay quiet in case the robot was listening for signs of life as well. The com crackled to life as he delivered his message, but all he was met with was white noise.

 

Perhaps the transmission power had been cut when the explosion went off. He thought Chen and D.O. had put in an alternate path of power for a worst case scenario. He didn't have time to dwell on it as he saw the robot turn from his direction and started to scan other parts of the destroyed base.

 

CHANYEOL

Please log in to read the full chapter