Unexpected gift?

Competition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: heyguys, before you start reading this chapter, i would appreciate it if y’all subscribe to my other story, called “The Daddy, The Sister, and the Holy ” it’s a jenrene but jensoo, jirene and jensoorene will come later. if y’all wanna show some support pls go subscribe!! lmao it’s if y’all didnt know by now :) anyways, enjoy!!

 

Wendy fiddled with her she phone as she stared out of her window, the moonlight dimly lighting up her room. Wendy’s gaze fell upon the glow in the dark galaxy outline she has pasted on the ceiling of her room, many might find it childish for a grown woman to have kiddy glow-in-the-dark stickers, but this was a memory Wendy held dear to her heart. Wendy has, and still is, living with her family in the same bungalow since the very start. And although both Wendy and Seulgi are very popular amongst their peers, Wendy always felt like she was alone in times of stress. Don’t get Wendy wrong, her family was very supportive and tried their best not to give Wendy any more stress than the bare minimum. It was probably Wendy herself that gave her all that stress and pressure. She always strived to be better, to get higher grades than her previous test. Maybe that’s how she became friends with Seulgi. The older girl was very approachable at first, and after knowing how both of them seemed equally good at their studies, it started off with a friendly competition of who would get higher marks for the said test. And then it continued all the way until now - competing for every single thing.

 

Wendy frowned, heart clenching at the thought of their friendship always revolving around competitions. It really didn’t matter who won those mini competitions, it didn’t matter who the teachers like more, and it definitely didn’t matter who had the larger fan group. Wendy let the fame be her source of comfort, telling her that she is indeed talented and she shouldn’t feel so bad about herself.


 

Wendy stopped.


 

If she didn’t need to feel bad about herself… why must she care so much about those competitions? It wasn’t as if it was breaking up her friendship with Seulgi, but Wendy didn’t want all these petty fights to go on.

 

So on that night, Wendy swore. She’ll let Seulgi win the next competition. Willingly.

 

Placing her forearm on top of her eyes, Wendy shut them tightly before drifting off to sleep.


 

//


 

Wendy woke up to the incessant ringing of her alarm. She glared at her phone, having a love hate relationship with that apex alarm that wakes her up every morning. Wendy her phone, the brightness catching her off guard for a moment, causing her to squint in agony before her eyes adjusted to the light and she could open it as per normal. Scrolling through the countless comments on her Instagram pictures by her fans, a flash of green caught her eye before opening the message from Seulgi.


 

//


 

can’t make it for school today. sorry to let you survive hell on your own :/


 

Wendy’s lips pursed into a straight line, brows furrowing.


 

nah it’s okay, what happened to you?


 

fever, it’s not too bad though, i’ll be fine don’t worry.


 

*sigh* okay, take care


 

//


 

Wendy sighed in real life, picking up the first shirt that she saw, by her mom before grabbing a pair of jeans and undergarments, walking to her toilet with a heavy heart. Wendy hated it when Seulgi was sick; Seulgi was never one to fall sick, so when she really did, she’d usually take a few days to recover. And adding on to the point that Wendy couldn’t talk to her best fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter