|三|

Walking Into Smoke
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun was staying in the living room, wanting to let Yumi have some time alone to rest in the spare room that they had upstairs. He sighed softly as he just scrolled through his social media on his phone, not having anything better to do since his parents were almost always away somewhere doing whatever they had to do.

Most of the time he had the house to himself and because he got so very lonely, he always called Yumi to come over to his place to spend some time either talking or gaming. He did have a couple other close friends, but they were usually busy with their own stuff whenever he was free, their schedules rarely matching up for them to actually spend some time with each other.

Sehun could smell them before they even reached the door, so he got up reluctantly and went over to open the door for them and seeing their somewhat surprised faces was worth it, to say the least. "I'm a wolf, expect to be expected," he said calmly and then sighed as he continued to stand there at the threshold, "So, I know Baekhyun just wants to see Yumi... but why are you here?" he asked, staring rather curiously over at the taller vampire-warlock. "I don't see why you need to be here," he added.

Chanyeol blinked a few times and felt a bit embarrassed, "Uh well.. "

"He's here to see you," Baekhyun answered and proceeded to kindly ask to be let in.

Sehun continued to stand there, eyeing the two hybrids in front of him, "Fine, but if I hear anything that tells me that Yumi is uncomfortable, I'm kicking you out. And you," the wolf said now looking over to the taller of the two, "You better answer all my questions unless you wanna be kicked out with him," he said.

 

 

Chanyeol followed the werewolf into his living room and when the werewolf sat down on a couch, so did he. He didn’t know why he was being so pliant and so easily controlled by the other – but he did it anyway since he didn’t want to get on the other’s bad side so soon.

Sehun looked over at the vampire-warlock who was sitting on the adjacent couch and tilted his head a bit as he eyed the taller. There was something about the hybrid that had been bugging him. “You know… I’ve been curious as to why you keep smelling weird around me. But I guess I know why now,” he scoffed softly. “So, what makes you so attracted to me? And you shouldn’t be so surprised about me knowing since I can smell emotions from people when I want to,” he explained.

The hybrid was a little flabbergasted by the other and took a few moments to take it all in. “Well, um, I-I just think that you’re really good looking, but also your scent is really nice and I just can’t help myself since I tend to follow my instincts a lot of the time,” he responded, though he knew it was more like rambling.

The werewolf sat back and relaxed a bit, chuckling to himself a bit and finally smiling properly to the other since he didn’t want the hybrid to fear him instead. “Well, glad you’re being honest.” He hummed and let out a sigh, “I’ve seen you around for a while now, and now I know you’re not part of this town since you work with Baekhyun.” He continued to eye the hybrid and hummed lowly once more, “You know, I must say that despite you being from another area, you fit in alright around here,” he commented.

Chanyeol hadn’t said much – which was a bit odd since the tall hybrid was usually the talkative type – but he was glad that he was attracted to someone who seemed to be quite… nice.

 

 

Baekhyun walked upstairs to the guest bedroom where he could smell Yumi and tried his best to be quiet. He quietly opened the door and then peeked inside. Yumi was lying under the covers and was obviously asleep. At least she seemed to have more energy than before. He had been so very worried about the girl and if something bad had happened to her, he wouldn’t be able to forgive himself.

Taking a chair, the hybrid sat himself down beside the bed, not too far, but not too close since he knew very well that the girl wasn’t as comfortable around him yet. They barely knew each other for that matter so he didn’t want to give the wrong impression too quickly.

He simply waited there, watching her sleep. It w

Please log in to read the full chapter