Distance

Headspace

"I'm bored and Taengoo doesn't love me."

That's the only thing that Jessica Jung Sooyeon has been saying eversince she went back to America for her break. Her parents wanted to spend time with their relatives there leaving poor Krystal and her alone at home. Well, Tiffany and Nicole were dragged with them too so it's not really pitiful. 

But Jessica thinks that she's the most pitiful one as the rest had their lovers calling them for Valentine's Day and...

Taeyeon's too busy with Jiwoong's marriage that she first-handedly told Jessica that she can't call her everyday and Jessica understands that. What she doesn't get is when Taeyeon didn't send her a simple text saying 'Happy Valentine's Day' or anything like so for the past week. So, since the start of the day, all Jessica has been doing is sulking on the sofa. 

A total eyesore for the other Americans that were there with her.

"Unnie, oppa's busy for Jiwoong's wedding. Also, timezone."

"Even if she was busy, she'll at least message."

Krystal just huffed and laid on the couch opposite of where Jessica sat. Even if she was equally frustrated that Yoona gave her a short text saying 'Happy Valentine and have fun w Sica unnie.'

"Yoongie gave me a short text. Telling me to celebrate it with you and we didn't cause you were busy glancing at your phone every 5 seconds to see if Taeng oppa called or text."

"Which she didn't."

Tiffany and Nicole however just kept silent seeing the two bicker. It's been a tradition to the Jungsis to compare on who's girlfriend is romantic. Like, there was once when Yoona brought Krystal on a yacht which surprises her and then Taeyeon bought Jessica a ring with f engraved to match with her own tattoo. They kept bickering to the point that Tiffany and Nicole wondered if Taeyeon and Yoona know that they were being compared at.

"Did you tell them about the surprise?"

"Over my dead body. It wasn't easy to stay quiet when all they do is bicker."

Sighing with how the sisters kept fighting, Nicole had to pull Krystal away from Jessica and sit next to her while Tiffany sits nect to Jessica. "I swear you two fight as if the world revolves around Valentine."

"Tiff, you should be grateful that Yuri did call you for an hour."

Tiffany gave a soft knock on Jessica's forehead and rolled her eyes. "Tae Tae's busy and we all know that. What is so bad about some distance?"

Jessica has her eyes as wide as possible and gripped onto Tiffany's shoulder, shaking the girl to give her some sense. " Distance? Tiff, South Korea and California has a distance of 5730 miles which equals to 9393 km. By flight, it's 10 hours and don't forget the time to reach the airport from where Taengoo lives. I can't stand this 12 hour flight distance from Taengoo- my phone beeped."

Letting the red head go, Tiffany shook her head with Jessica's quick mathand plead at Nicole to help her with Taeyeon's clingy girlfriend, which Taeyeon herself admits yet finds it adorable. 

How did Tae Tae even manage this is surreal.

Nicole however has a hard time making Krystal happy as the girl kept complaining that Yoona doesn't seem to spare her time for her and she also speculated that Yoona may have been tired with her. "If she's not tired with me, she can always Skype for an hour a day and make me feel less lonely."

"Soojung, you have Jessica to keep you company."

"Who only spends most of her time looking at her phone since Valentine."

Giving a mental face palm, Nicole stood from her place and dragged Tiffany along towards the Jung's kitchen. "I'm making some tea cause you guys are mentally unstable without your 'daddy' "

And both sisters have their face as red as it can and chase after Nicole, dragging Tiffany along. 

"YUWREE, SAVE ME!!"


"I swear, Fany's idea is absurd. I barely understand half of what they say unless they are cursing."

"That's why she brought me along, to help you around."

"No offense but the only English you know is food."

Taeyeon and Yoona were sitting next to each other waiting for the plane to land after that 10 hour flight. Legs dead and the craving for actual food intensifies, Taeyeon can't help to think on how ridiculous the idea was. She could pretty much say no but then again, she can't win with the red head in a debate. Cause she'll pretty much get blackmailed no matter how close they are with each other.

"Wonder how Jujungie's doing..."

Taeyeon looked back at the deer like girl, who's currently frowning from the thought. "I gave her a short text on Valentine's as I was in a rush to pack my things to go here. Hope she's not mad."

"Please, Jessica's probably pissed that I didn't do anything on Valentine's"

"Let's see who survived their wrath then." Shaking their hands, both girls laugh from the agreement and sat properly as the plane was about to land. 

"Maybe it's just me but that flight attendant has a nice , hyung."

"Couldn't agree more."

And they were also ing around in the plane, not that Jessica and Krystal would ever know...

Right? 


"You guys are lucky that I haven't killed you."

"Cause you don't want to be killed by your mom."

The girls are currently cleaning up the place after they thrashed it from running around, chasing one another. Seeing that nearly everything was out of place and know how much Jungsis' parents like to keep things neat and tidy, they agreed to clean the place up.

With Tiffany in charge of watching for any sign of their parents.

"Why is Tiff unnie on look out again? Mom and dad's are gonna be home after their whole trip to Hawaii tomorrow... such thoughtful parents."

"Why didn't you followed them then?"

Jessica puffed her cheeks and Krystal shook her head. "Cause they'll probably make fun of Jessica being whiny and embarass me in front of everyone. Why didn't yours?"

"Cause they told me to babysit you guys."

"WE'RE NOT KIDS!!"

Nicole laughed from the response and pointed out a flaw. "Says Taeyeon's princess' and Yoona's baby. I take that as kids."

Both sisters were baffled with Nicole's remark and continued to clean the place up, ignoring their cousin. Nicole hummed in amusement and walked to where Tiffany was on look out, the balcony above the swimming pool.

"Seen them yet?"

"I should have picked them up, Nic. With their proficiency in English and going here, it's no surprise that they are lost."

"Well, we can always rely on Yoona to ask us where the good food is then pick them up from there."

Giggling from the thought, Tiffany kept on look out for any Uber or taxi parked near the house. As she looked out, she smelled something familliar. 

Something that smelled like Korea. 

"They can always text me if they get lost." Walking inside the house, Tiffany was smiling from the sight of Jessica's kimchi fried rice. 

"Trust me guys. Jessi didn't burnt them."


Taeyeon and Yoona, however, weren't lost to where they were heading. They just took a stop at In and Out and ordered the secret menu that Yoona had planned. 

"How'd you know what taste great here?"

"I googled for them. You'll never know if my course would take me here."

They continued eating and looked at the number the cashier wrote behind the receipt. Contemplating whether to prank call or not, both girls just decided to scrunch them up and threw it away. Sipping her coke, Taeyeon was greeted with a wave from a tanned girl at the corner when she glanced around. 

"Hyung, she's hitting on you."

"Yoong, they're giggling at us."

Picking up their stuff and cleaned the table, they immediately walked away from the restaurants when their gut told them that the group of girls would probably flirt with them. Reaching for a cab, Yoona told the taxi driver where they are headed. 

"Kid, you sure you wanna go there?"

"My girlfriend's there."

Nodding, the driver drove them towards their destination and closing their distance.


As they were done with the kimchi fried rice, they're still hungry and ordered for pizza. 

"Why did you not add pineapple on them?"

"We are not going to discuss regarding my preference on where pineapple goes to, Krystal. Does Yoona likes pizza with pineapple?"

"She loves every food. Maybe more than me."

"Maybe Taengoo loves my more than me. Maybe."

"Can you guys not talk about your girlfriend and enjoy Fifty Shades Darker?"

Both girls sighed in defeat and watched the movie that Tiffany was so keen on watching. Fiddling with her hair, Jessica heard a the bell ringing and told Krystal to pick the pizza up. 

What she didn't expect was a A4 high note squeal. 

And some voices that's not from any of them. 

"Soojung, you okay-"

"YOONGIE'S HERE!! YOONGIE'S HERE!!"

Scratching her head, Jessica walked to their front door and looked through the cctv. And this time...

Jessica squaled a C5 note. 

"TAENGOO'S HERE!!"

Krystal immediately unlocked the door and embraced the girl in front the door and Jessica did the same. 

Only realising that something felt off. 

"Too short."

"Too tall."

Pulling away from the wrong person, they hugged their significant other, inhaling their scent. Nicole and Tiffany walked towards the door and was going through diabetes. 

"I know this is sweet and all but where's my thank you, Tae Tae? Yoong?"

"Thanks for paying the flight fee."

Pulling away, Jessica wrapped her atms around Taeyeon's neck and look at her, puzzled. "Tiffany planned all of this?"

"Yup. I was busy handling Jiwoong oppa's marriage and packing my stuff for this trip to the point I forgot to say Happy Valentine's Day, Princess. Sorry about that."

Jessica shook her head and snuggled deeper in Taeyeon's neck. "This is better than celebrating it all alone with a text."

"Eh, didn't you celebrate it with Soojung, Sica unnie?"

"She was too busy waiting for Taeng oppa's text."

Both Koreans just laughed and was pulled to their girlfriend's bedroom to put their stuff down. 

"Is Nicole watching Fifty Shades Darker? Sica, you got from that movie."

With her face red, Jessica threw a pillow straight to Taeyeon's face "TAENGOO!!"

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hope you enjoyed this one and sorry for the delay. Got a bit busy here and there. 

I added a bit of YoonKrys there, hope you don't mind.