How it all started

My Fake Cousin, L.Joe!

Photobucket

 

*Crazy .* L.Joe shook his head as he thought about the girl he met a few hours ago. He slammed his foot down on the brake and got out of his car, stretching his arms up.

"Good afternoon, Byunghun. Welcome back to Seoul." His butler bowed and greeted him with a straight face. He never liked L.Joe.

L.Joe threw his keys up and his butler caught it expertly. "Thanks Dongjin." He called his butler by his full name though Kim Dongjin was three times older than L.Joe, who was 17.

One of the reasons why Mr Kim hated L.Joe.

 

L.Joe walked into the biggest mansion in Seoul with his signature swagger and gave smiles to hyperventilating maids who stood in two lines, greeting him.

"Omo, it's been so long since we saw him." "He's grown!!" "Please, it's only been two months." "Still hot as ever." "Scuse me madam, you're 39 years old, you e." "Shhhh"

 

He smirked as he entered his grandfather's room. However, his lips drooped when he saw how terrible his grandfather looked. He was wearing an oxygen mask and laid weakly on his king-sized bed.

L.Joe kneeled beside his grandfather's bed and bit his lips. "Sorry. When I heard the news i came back as fast as I could....."

"Are you still driving cars? You're only 17." His grandfather asked, dissatisfied. "Hehe...." L.Joe scratched his head guiltily.

"Byunghun-ah," His grandfather croaked. He coughed a little before continuing, "I need....a favour."

"Anything." L.Joe prompted him.

 

Lee Byunghun was like all rich guys - cocky, vain, proud, vulgar, inconsiderate. But his only weakness was his grandfather.

 

"Find my granddaughter.....please. I have so much to tell her before I leave."

"Don't say that."

"Please, Byunghun...."

L.Joe bit his lips. It's going to be a hard job, but he's willing to do anything for his grandfather.

 

 

~

 

The next day, L.Joe walked into the school hallway with his best buddies.

"IT'S TEENTOP!!! GUESS WHO'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!" A girl screamed so loud, the building shook. The whole hallway soon filled with teenage girls running wildly, their arms in the air.

*I missed this.* L.Joe grinned as he pushed past the screaming girls who were begging him for a hug.


The school bell rang, and everybody finally gave up and returned to their respective classes.

"Alright, before we start, let's welcome Byunghun back." Mrs Lee fluttered her eyelashes at L.Joe, who scoffed cockily. Everyone clapped their hands loudly and screamed in joy, especially his buddies.

"Also, we have a new student. Come in, Songmi."

 

L.Joe perked up and sat up in his seat. He loved new students - It gives him a chance to play dirty pranks on them. He took his water bottle and started to drink from it, anticipating the new face.

Songmi shuffled in shyly to the front of the class. "Annyeong." She awkwardly shifted her weight from one leg to the other.

"She's really pretty......" CAP nudged L.Joe and whispered. L.Joe coughed while drinking and choked on his water, spitting it out on CAP's face.

CAP gave a derp face and nodded. "Thanks for that, man."

 

Songmi sighed when nobody responded and went to settle in the only empty seat - in front of L.Joe.

She laid her head on the table while Mrs Lee droned on and on about math and trigonometry, when someone tapped her shoulder. She sat up and whipped her head around, only to find a certain pretty boy staring back at her sternly. He narrowed his eyes and tilted his head.

Songmi blinked her eyes innocently. "Yeah?" She asked. "You don't remember me!?"

She frowned as she starts recalling. "Aniyo." She pouted and shook her head. "Have we met?"

L.Joe didn't wanna explain further and he just held a hand up. "Never mind."

 

 

~

 

When classes were over, students filed out slowly. L.Joe strolled out with his buddies right behind him but someone caught his eye. Songmi was standing right outside the classroom, leaning against the wall as several girls fired her questions.

 

"Why did L.Joe talk to you!?" "Do you know him???" "Are you guys related?!"

 

L.Joe rolled his eyes and was prepared to walk away. "If I say he was, will you give me five bucks? I'm broke." Songmi jokingly asked. The girls nodded their heads vigorously. "Yeap, we're related!" Songmi happily collected her five bucks.

"Whoever this L.Joe is, he sure is big shot around here."

"YAH!" Someone yelled in her ear, causing her to jump. "Mwohya?!" She placed her hands on her chest and panted. "Why did you lie?" L.Joe glared at her angrily, crossing his arms. "Hyung, calm down." Niel put his hand on his shoulders.

"Oh, you know who L.Joe is?"

 

The whole of Teentop burst out in hysterical laughter except for L.Joe, whose jaw dropped wide open.  Chunji rolled on the floor, clutching his stomach, laughing like Songmi just said the funniest thing in the universe.

 


Suddenly, something strucked L.Joe and he blurted out something that he knew he would regret it later in life. "Yah, you lie on a daily basis right?"

Songmi raised an eyebrow. "Like you dont." She scoffed.

"Be my fake cousin." L.Joe grabbed her arm desperately. "You said we were 'related' right?"

Songmi's heart skipped at the sudden skinship but she pulled away from him. "Do you know what the hell you're saying? Are you drunk?"

"I'll explain everything. Just please, come home with me."

 

Songmi rolled her eyes and started to walk away. *Is he crazy or something?!*

"I'LL PAY YOU." L.Joe yelled. Songmi's ears perked up in suspense. She needed the money right now.

She slowly turned and walked back to L.Joe, whose lips gradually turned up into a smirk. "I'll pay you monthly. You have debts, don't you? I'll pay them all. But you only get $200 every month. Fair enough?"

 

Songmi sighed and scratched her eyebrow. She didn't like taking free money from anyone, even her best friend, Kim Myungsoo, who offered to pay her family's debts as well.

But since this time she was kind of 'working' to get a pay, then maybe.......

She sighed loudly again. "Fine."