The Chosen Ones

The Sakura Girls

“Yahhhhh! I can’t believe we’re incoming seniors this year! We’re getting old!” Jiyoon exclaims as she sits with her five best friends in their backyard, enjoying the lovely summer day.

“I have to say, that coming to Sakura High and meeting you guys is just the best thing that has ever happened in my life.” Jessica says as she lets out a quiet sigh, knowing that she will be separated from her friends once they graduate from high school.

“Wow, even the Ice Princess has a compassionate side sometimes!” Kahi responds cynically, being the leader and the oldest of all, she continues, “Speaking of which, have you guys chosen the Girls yet? You know we start school in a month and a half, we have to inform them and their families ASAP!”

“Oh don’t worry unnie, we have already planned out who is going to succeed our positions because it means so much to us.” Seohyun, the maknae of the group replies. Even though she’s the youngest, she is often the most responsible.

“Good then, how about we gather up this evening and talk about it?” Kahi asks everyone.

“Neh, unnie.” Taeyeon, Gyuri, Jessica, Jiyoon, and Seohyun unanimously agrees and they continue to bathe in the sun and drink their fruit punch.

~ 7:00 P.M. ~

Kahi pulls out a photograph, “Okay girls, get out the profiles and let’s share. I’ll start. This is Song Qian and she is of Chinese descent. Her parents died in a car crash, leaving her with two siblings that she has taken care of ever since. I believe she has the leadership to become the leader of the Sakura Girls, and since her financial situation is not so fortunate, the school will probably offer her scholarships which would help her in raising up her siblings.”

“Okay, I’ll go next!” Taeyeon says excitedly, “She is Kwon Yu Ri, also known as the second heiress of the Kwon Corporation. I chose her because she is funny and adorable, like me, and she has a fiery passion for dancing, which resembles my passion for singing.”

“I guess I‘ll go. I chose Im Yoon Ah, who is just an ordinary girl I guess, but she is kind and compassionate, which I think fit my personality very well and are characteristics I value the most.” Gyuri announces with a bright smile on her face.

“My turn. She is Goo Ha Ra, the daughter of Editor-In-Chief for Vogue Korea. She is well known for her beauty. Since my interest always lies on beauty, I thought she is the perfect one to carry on my legacy.” the Ice Princess shares with the Girls.

“Soooo, this is Kim Hyun Ah. She is one of the best young dancers I have ever seen, and she raps even better than me! I think she is amazingly talented and charismatic!” Jiyoon informs her friends.

“For me, I chose Im Jin Ah. She is a shy and mature girl who has a hidden bright personality only shown to friends and family. I think she is very much like me.” Seohyun says while looking at her photograph of Im Jin Ah.

“Okay, good job girls. Now it’s just up to you guys to let these Girls know that they have this opportunity of going to the prestigious Sakura High. Let’s get back with good news say, in three days?” Kahi asks.

“Neh, unnie.” The rest responds.