i.

fallacies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is six in the morning when Yebin wakes up to see her hand on top of a broken alarm clock, balled into a fist. She sighs and gets over it, like she always does when she finds something broken, even though most of the times it’s not actually a thing. Yebin hated all the stupid beeping that device did anyways, but she makes a mental note to get a new one. She did not want to wake up to see that it’s her phone that’s been crushed one day.

 

After putting on her school uniform, the dark-haired girl applies a decent amount of makeup to cover up all possible remnants of last night. She then grabs her things and an apple before heading out, taking a bite every now and then as she walks down her usual route. Yebin’s memory of last night’s events were fuzzy, and all the alcohol she had consumed was the obvious culprit. It wasn’t like she even cared that much, but Yebin had a habit of monitoring herself and her actions included; because if she didn’t watch over herself, who would?

 

Yebin’s brought back to reality when she hears the familiar “You’re a disgrace!” from the middle-aged woman who mans a stall in the farmer’s market, something she’s already grown accustomed to. Threats and hatred were always what welcomed Yebin whenever she was in their neighbourhood, but the only thing she feels is amusement. It amazes her how human beings can seem like angels on earth and then all of sudden yell at someone to go die in a hitch. “Humanity is strange”, she thinks. But there were days when all of those unnecessary comments made Yebin feel bad about herself, as much as she tried to not let them get to her. Today wasn’t one of those days.

 

“A lovely morning to you too, you old hag!”

 

This enrages the lady even more. “People are going find out about who you really are and what you’re really like someday soon, I tell you!” 

 

She bites back another retort and instead flashes the sweetest smile she could muster before heading to the station. It was a good day, indeed.

 

//

 

Yebin was pulled to the corner the second she’s past the school gates. She is now engulfed in a hug, and the arms around her waist are thin and are gripping onto her tight. The girl pulls away just enough for Yebin to examine her grinning face. “Zhou Jieqiong, not here,” Yebin says, but the smile she failed to suppress is traitorous. 

 

The grin on Jieqiong’s face widens, and the way her nose crunched always made Yebin’s heart do too many cartwheels for her liking. “You’re not being very convincing right now, Kang Yebin.” 

 

Yebin shakes her head, laughing and the Chinese girl finally lets her go. “Come on, you know I don’t want to be late for class.” She takes the other girl’s hand in hers and they both head inside the prestigious institution.

 

“Good morning, President. Good morning, Vice President.” The duo was accustomed to all the greetings and privileges that came with the positions they held in the student council, having already done this last year. They nod in acknowledgement to all those who welcomed them and head straight to the locker area.

 

At this time, everyone is already expected to be in their classrooms waiting for the teacher to arrive, but five-minute tardiness in first period is their way of abusing their authority. Yebin retrieves the learning materials she needed from her locker, and glances at the girl beside her after locking it. “I’ll see you later then.”

 

Jieqiong nods, and places a chaste kiss on Yebin’s cheek before walking towards her respective classroom. Yebin brings her hand to her cheek, still not getting used to everything that’s been happening lately. The two weren’t dating, but Yebin was well aware of the way Jieqiong looked at her. She just wasn’t sure what she felt about Jieqiong, and the Chinese girl was well aware of that too. The latter had made her feel all sorts of things for sure, but were they really love and affection? The reason why Yebin didn’t agree to go out with Jieqiong in the first place wasn’t because she was afraid of commitment, but because she thought she wouldn’t be completely happy with her.

 

Yebin turns to the direction of where her own classroom was located and sees Kim Minkyung, of all the ing people in the whole damn school, staring right at her. Yebin found her very attractive in all aspects, no doubt, but the way Minkyung looked at her made her feel like she was being judged. Yebin hated being judged.

 

Yebin forces a smile to which the taller girl returns, and quickly makes her way out. It’s going to be a good day, she reassures herself.

 

🌹🌹🌹

 

Minkyung is awoken by one of their family’s maids at 6AM sharp, like always. Her daily morning routine starts with a prayer right after waking up. It’s then followed by doing a few stretches before heading to the bathroom. After taking a shower and getting dressed, she is then hurried off by one of the maids to the dining area for breakfast where her parents are already seated in their respective places. Minkyung sits next to her mother, who was talking to a client through her earpiece, and as usual her father is busy digesting his own food along with the Business section of today’s news.

 

The redhead finishes all the food on her plate and brushes her teeth before heading outside, bidding her parents goodbye. Minkyung is greeted by her chauffeur as he opens the door to their black sedan for her. She spots her school bag in its rightful place and proceeds to take a seat beside it.

 

“The coast is clear, little miss,” Minkyung’s driver, Mr. Kang, says once their mansion is nowhere in sight. Having been the tallest girl in her class since primary school, Minkyung was far from being ‘little’. But Mr. Kang had been beside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter