Chapter Two

Incurable Coldness

Noora's POV

"So, how's it going with your life?" Paula asked while sipping her coffee. 

 

"Uh it's going great..I guess." I replied awkwardly since it's my first time coming to the doctor's lounge. 

 

"Anyone else noticing Dr. Carter staring at Phyu?" Lulu asked while laughing. I looked at Phyu and she was looking down while smiling. 

 

"Okay so why don't we go and sit with them? It'll be fun." Paula said while getting up. 

 

That means I get to see Dr. Rader. 

 

I couldn't help but blush as we were walking to the round table, I can see Dr.Carter talking and it seems like Dr. Rader is so into the conversation.

 

Cute.

 

"Heyo, doctors!" Pau greeted them with a smile.

 

"Do you guys mind if we sit with you?" She asked.

 

"Yes, I do mi-," Dr. Rader's words were cut off when her friend spoke. "No, we don't," Asaph says while giving his friend a look.

 

"Great!" Paula said while sitting. 

 

"Hey, why don't you guys sit? I promise we don't bite." Dr. Carter said laughing. And once again, Phyu started to blush so I made her sit beside him.

 

"Uh, yeah." I said while sitting beside Paula and Lulu sat beside Dr. Rader.

 

Must be nice. 

 

"So, how's life?" Dr. Carter asked while secretly staring at Phyu. Seriously, what's up with these two? 

 

 "It's going okay, although things get super stressful at times," Lulu replied while looking around. 

 

"How about you, Nurse A? How's life?" Dr. Carter asked once again.

 

Me? 

 

"Well, I'm fine. Thanks for asking, I'm just a little stressed since the hospital is busy these past few days." I answered. 

 

"I see," He said and continue talking to Paula. Are they close? 

 

I can see Dr. Rader looking at Paula and Dr. Carter and it seems like she's listening to them talking about doctor stuff. She looks good without even doing anything at all.

 

Gosh.

 

I've decided to look at her for only 10 seconds but I can't take my eyes off her.

 

Damn.

 

I blinked after staring at her for good 30 seconds, when I opened my eyes I saw her glaring at me.

 

y.

 

I smiled at her as she glares at me. My smile then turned into a smirk. Shall I tease Dr. Rader?

 

I winked at her and gestured a call sign with my hand, I almost laughed when I saw her eyes become big for a second, Did I startle her with that? 

 

She gave me a look of disgust, she then turned away while mumbling something under her breath.

 

Aww, would you look at that cutie.

 

I smiled again and felt a tap on my shoulder.

 

"Our shift is about to start, we better go," Phyu whispers while pointing at the lounge's wall clock.

 

We got up from our seats that made the rest look at our direction. "Our shift is about to start so we have to go," Phyu said nudging me.

 

"Ah yeah, we have to go. We'll see you guys around yeah?" I added, I looked over at Dr. Rader and smiled.

 

"See you around, Dr. Rader." With that, I winked at her for the last time and walked out of the room with Phyu.

 

Rader's POV

 

6:14 PM

 

4 surgeries done, 6 appointments finished, finally.

 

Here I am now, sitting in my office waiting for another call. I have 15 minutes more before I take my break again. 

 

Tapping my desk with my hands, I felt my phone vibrating inside my coat pocket. I waited for a few seconds and it finally stopped. 

 

If this is another scam text, I swear to God...

 

I fished out my phone from my pocket and read the message, it's from Pat.

 

' Yo momma, are you done with your work yet? '

 

' It's almost 6:30, I bet you're done. Meet us at the coffee shop near the building. '

 

' Elo.. you there?'

 

' OLIVIA '

 

' Whatever, just come here and meet us. '

 

I rolled my eyes and stood up, alrighty then.

 

As I walk in the coffee shop, I saw both Pat and Tracy on their phones. 

 

I sat down in an empty seat which I suppose is for me. "Hey, where's Carter?" I asked.

 

"Eh, he just ordered some drinks," Tracy said and pointed at the counter without looking away from her phone. What are they doing?

 

"What's that?" I asked Pat, pointing at her phone.

 

She paused the game and looked at me. " A phone? Olivia, you have one too, how the hell don't you know what this is?" She asked in disbelief. 

 

I knocked her head. "Stupid, what I meant was what are you playing?" 

 

I heard Tracy chuckle, she must have heard us. 

 

"Eh..ah, this is an online game, it's like that computer game League of Legends, know that?"

 

I nodded and kept my mouth shut. I'll just wait for Asaph and the drinks.

 

"Hello lovelies, I got you all your favorite drinks!" Asaph came back with 4 drinks.

 

"Here's a dark roast coffee as bitter as your soul, Olivia." He laughed as he was giving me the coffee. 

 

 

"And here's your frappe Pat, I hope you choke on that." He couldn't stop laughing after seeing Pat's reaction.  

 

"Thanks, Assaph. I'll drink it carefully" Pat fired back. 

 

"And a sweet milkshake for our sweet cupcake" He smiled as he gave Tracy her drink. 

 

"Thanks, - I mean Asaph." Tracy looked around, trying not to laugh. 

 

"Oh wow, now Tracy is bullying me too? This is betrayal." Asaph accuses while pouting. 

 

Ew. 

 

"Disgusting. Quit sulking and remove that pout before I wipe it off with my fist." Pat rolled her eyes and continues her game.

 

"Hmm, whatever. Now quit playing, I have a question." Asaph said, sitting down in his chair.

 

"What is it?" Pat asked, her eyes still focused on her phone.

 

"Well, are you guys interested in someone?" I almost spit out my coffee when I heard him. 

 

I coughed a bit with his question while Pat and Tracy put down their phones. Okay now.

 

"Well?" Asaph asks, curious as to what we will say.

 

"Have a guess," Pat says and sips her frappe afterward.

 

"Yes?" Asaph asked. 

 

"Have another guess." She replied.

 

I want to laugh but I don't want Pat to think that she's funny so no thanks.

 

"Hey, I'm serious. are you?" He then again asked.

 

"And I'm serious too, I may or may not be interested in anyone. Haha, I'm kidding. I don't think I am." Pat answered and looked at Tracy.

 

"Yo sweetie, how about you?" 

 

"Eh, I'm too focused in my job, I've got no time to love." She answers with a smile. Pat nodded and faced me.

 

"No, I am not," I said. Hell, I have no time for that. I'd rather be by myself than have someone who'll give me headaches.

 

"You're lame." I rolled my eyes at Pat and she stuck out her tongue.

 

Really now?

 

"Eh, she's not," Tracy, my only favorite said. I mouthed a 'Thanks' and she smiled at me.

 

Asaph tapped the table and spoke. "Oh yeah? don't you like Noora? It looks like she's crushing on you girl. Go get her!"

 

"Who?" 

 

"Noora Abbas! Nurse A. you dumb ." Ahh, that annoying girl? So that's her name.

 

"Hello Olivia, we've been working with her for years, you still don't know?" Asaph said while waving his hand in front of me and I shoved it away.

 

"Look, I've got tons of things to do and remembering her name is not one of them." I once again rolled my eyes.

 

"Yeah yeah, so as I was saying, why not try?" He asked again.

 

"He's right, I mean full offense Oli but your life is boring. Spice it up a bit." Pat adds.

 

"I agree with them. You only talk to us so having someone aside from us would be nice." Tracy said.

 

Psh.. her? Never in a million years.