Chapter one

Incurable Coldness

Rader's POV

 

Drinking a cherry pepsi as I walked past by the people greeting me, not knowing their names, I simply nod my head and proceed walking to my office.

 

Great, Now let me just finish this and start working.

 

I glanced at my watch when I heard someone knocking on the door.

 

7:48 AM

 

Sighing, I placed my beverage down and fixed myself as I tell the person to come in.

 

"Come in,I say without giving a single glance while fixing my coat. Who the hell dared to interrupt me this early. 

 

"Good morning Dr. Rader, it's your wonderful nurse!" Hearing her annoying voice makes me itch everytime it reaches my ear. I immediately look at her with annoyance visible on my face.

 

"What now? It's early in the morning and you're already here making all this ruckus.I say.

 

"Oh come on babe, why are you like this to me?" She starts walking towards me and stopped in front with a huge smile plastered on her annoying face.

 

I raised an eyebrow and stood up from my seat to shove her out of my office. "Go away, don't bother me."

 

I closed the door and massaged my temples. Great, my day barely started and now it's ruined.

 

2:43 PM

 

I went into the Doctor's lounge and saw my colleagues having their breaks, I finished one surgery and two appointments already. 

 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw my good friend Asaph.

 

"What's up thumper?" Asaph asks, also a doctor here. Been a friend of mine since middle school.

 

"The lounge's ceiling, I suppose.." I tease, making him playfully hit me.

 

​​​​​​"Pfft. I heard Nurse A. went to your office earlier, mind sharing what happened?I saw his eyebrows go up and down, this man honestly...

 

"She came in, walked, breathed, talked, and annoyed me as usual.We settled down at the round table where our friends are chatting.

 

"Yo momma," The youngest doctor here as of now calls. 

 

"Say that again,I threaten, glaring at her.

 

"Yo momma,She says again. I roll my eyes and faced Asaph, he's talking about this person again, the one sending him coffee with messages every day.

 

"Hiya!Finally, someone normal that I can talk to, my favorite. 

 

"Tracy!" I say excitedly, smiling. She was the first person to help me out when I was new. My only favorite, joined our table. 

 

"How's it going?" She asks while showing off her cute smile.

 

"It was going great until Nurse A. walked in and ruined my mood. I was seriously annoyed, she made me all itchy this morning!" I reply sighing. She really killed my mood this morning but it's not something new. She does that almost every day and now I don't know what to do other than forcing her to get out of my office. 

 

"Wait-- isn't that Nurse A? What is she doing here?! Isn't this the Doctor's lounge?" The youngest doctor, Dr. Cortez questions with a confused look. I immediately turned around and there she is, the annoying Nurse A. walking over to Dr. Goo's table. What is she doing here anyway?

 

"She's not alone guys! Look!" Asaph pointed at the side where two more nurses joined their table. What is going on? Why are they all here?

 

"Well, I heard Dr. Goo invited them today. I heard their conversation while I was walking and I guess they're pretty close." Tracy shrugs while reading her book.

Oh, so that's why they're all here. 

 

"Hmm, I see. Yeah, I guess you're right, they do look close, but who cares anyway? Definitely not me." the youngest replied while collecting her papers and getting ready to leave. 

 

"Aight guys I gotta leave, I have an appointment in 5 minutes. Catch y'all later." After that, she got up and left.

 

"Since Patrisse is gone, I gotta go as well since I have to meet up with Dr. Sam in a few. Byee!" And with that, Tracy left. I looked over and caught Asaph staring at a certain nurse. 

What is wrong with him? She smiles, he smiles.

Gross.