Two

She's The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are your groupmates already here?” I asked Dara as we entered the ground floor of this three storey library. She’s texting on her phone a while ago and here I was hoping her groupmates haven’t arrived yet. Yep! I just want more time with her. “Well, they said they’re coming already. They must have been here too.”

I sighed. They’re here too already? Tsk. What a bunch of killer joys! She was walking straight ahead, seemingly finding them and I was still following her, keeping myself close to her, when she stopped and suddenly looked back at me. “What are you doing?”

“What?”

“Why are you still following me?”

I smiled anxiously. “Ahm… Making sure you’re safe and sound?”

“Ya! I can take care of myself. I’m not clumsy!” I adoringly chuckled at her.

“I didn’t say that. I didn’t say anything related with that.” I even innocently shook my head.

“You’re implying it!”

Yep! Dara has always been like that. She never ran out of words to counter me. I’m enjoying it though. She easily gets pissed at times and I enjoy teasing her at those times.

“Okay. I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” I apologized and she only squinted rather angrily at me. ‘Ugh this woman! She always gives me those eyes!’ She searched for her groupmates once again and I still followed her.

“You’re so clingy, you know?” She suddenly said without even glancing at me.

“You don’t like clingy guys?”

“It’s suffocating,” she replied.

“I’m not clingy!” I vehemently denied, trying to hide the amusement in my voice. I even stepped back from her to prove my lousy point. “See. I’m not even touching you! I’m not clingy. I swear!”

“What in the world are you seriously doing?!” She hissed back, eagerly trying to pacify her voice. “You’re crazy!”

“I’m not crazy! I swear I’m not crazy!” I teased back. She huffed and I couldn’t stop myself from cracking up. Dara’s facial reactions are always priceless. The way her brows draw together as her cheeks turned red in anger are always fun to anticipate.

I must have really turned crazy because I knew for sure that she’ll give me a silent treatment after this but conversations like this with her were already important to me. And it’s not like she’s going to ignore me for the rest of my life anyway. She might have a cold attitude towards me sometimes but she would overlook it after a day or two anyway. That’s just kind of woman she is.

I stopped teasing her when she halted her steps as she looked on her phone. She sighed after staring on it for some time before glancing at me.

“They’re still not here but they’re coming. They’ll be here in a minute or two.” I just nodded as a reply but she raised her brow at me again.

“What?”

“Ya! You can go now. I’ll just wait for them here.” She tried to dismiss me but I just shook my head before taking my seat. “Then I’m going to accompany you while waiting for them here.” I replied before winking at her. She just rolled her eyes in annoyance before taking her seat opposite me as well.

I leaned forward as I propped my head over my hands, staring at her. She raised her brow as she leaned back on her chair, with her arms crossed over her chest. I gave her my sweetest smile as a response.

“What are you up to Kwon?” She impassively asked and I couldn’t help but to admire her ever so piercing eyes. ‘Get yourself a grip Jiyong! You better not lose your sorry to her temptress eyes!’

“Nothing. I have nothing,” I tried to answer with my most innocent smile but she seemed to not buying it. “I swear! I’m not up to something!” I even raised my right hand. She just rolled her eyes once again. ‘Aigoo! This woman. She must really love glaring at me huh?’

“Anyways,” I started and in my surprise, she gave me a little of her attention. I continued talking. “Isn’t this cute? You and I? Here in the library together? Only the two of us in this table?”

She looked blank at me. “What are you insinuating?”

“Well… Aren’t we looking good together?” I bit my lip, suppressing my laughter when I saw her grimaced. “Looks like we’re dating inside the library right now. Isn’t this romantic?” I teased some more and she looked like she’s going to vomit already. ‘Okay Jiyong. Prepare yourself ‘cause you’re definitely going to get a dose of volcanic eruption from the beautiful Sandara Pa-’

“Stop.Romanticizing.Everything,” she slowly said, each word digging their point on my head and it’s quite scary! I quickly flashed a peace sign before her, grinning nervously. A poker face Dara is a scary Dara. ‘Better shut your mouth now Kwon.’

She heaved a sigh before closing her eyes, leaving me staring at her. Sometimes, I still wonder how I even liked a woman like her. She’s far away, very out of the league, from all the girls I’ve dated before. I couldn’t even point out the reason at all and I couldn’t even remember when did I realize that I like her. It’s just like I just woke up one day and I’m already into her. Man, this can be frustrating to think through sometimes.

“Hey, they’re here,” she said, excitement and relief evidently plastered on her face and I want to raise my brow. Relief? Why? Was she still awkward around me? ‘Jiyong you moron! Maybe she’s relieved you can go away now ‘cause you keep on pestering her!’

“Eonni!” I heard a voice behind me while Dara waved her hand in acknowledgment to the one calling her. “Did you wait for too long?”

“Not really,” she smilingly replied. “We just arrived too. Where are the others?”

“They’re also coming. Seungri and Chanyeol are just waiting for Donghae oppa,” said the voice and I glanced at her ‘cause I’m sure I know those names she just mentioned when— Chaerin?! I think a lump was stuck in my throat so bad I think I’m going to choke to death.

“Jiyong oppa?” she asked when she turned her head down at me, obviously flabbergasted. She’s one of Dara’s groupmates? She’s Dara’s classmates on one of her subjects then? Why didn’t she tell me?! “Oppa! It is really you! It’s been awhile!”

I pushed my questions aside as I stood up to greet her, nervousness starting to crawl all over my body. “Hey!” I hugged her as a greeting.

“You knew each other?” I heard Dara ask and Chaerin nodded in response. I just smiled anxiously at her.

“Yes eonni,” Chaerin replied as she stepped back. “Oppa’s father is my godfather and that makes Jiyong oppa my older brother of some sort, unfortunately.”

“Ya!” I fired back in disapproval as she chuckled while Dara was suppressing herself from laughing. “You’re still so mean Chae!”

“Whatever oppa!” She just replied back. “Anyways, why are you here? I don’t think you’re one of our groupmates.” I scratched the back of my head as I looked at Dara. She just raised her brow at me though. When I turned my head back at Chaerin, she had her eyes bulging already like she just saw a ghost right in front of our face. Uh oh, I think she just put the jigsaw puzzle together now.

“Ommo! Don’t tell me! She’s the one--” I quickly covered her chatty mouth with my hand as I dragged her some feet away from a suspecting Dara.

“Shut up Chae!” I hissed at her as she was trying to pat my hands away from . “Don’t you dare say anything!”

“Oppa! You’re making it obvious!” she rustled back. I loosened my hold on her but I’m still pleading her to be quieter on Dara and not tell her make-up stories. We’re close since I don’t know when ‘cause I’ve known her since her diaper days and I might have told her some things about Dara before especially when she kept on teasing me with all my petty rendezvous back in high school. Me and my blabbermouth sometimes! “Okay, I won’t.”

“You won’t?” I asked incredulously.

“Yes but I might change my mind if you keep on flashing your goo goo eyes on me like a lunatic!” I chuckled as I stepped away from her.

“Okay. I won’t anymore. Just promise me.”

“Whatever oppa,” she dismissively said as she walked back to Dara. I just smiled before following her. I just really hope they’re not that close for Chaerin to spill something to my little rabbit. It will be so embarrassing and I might die in the hands of a goddess! Have mercy!

“Hyung? Jiyong hyung?!” Oh no! I knew I heard his name right when Chaerin mentioned it a while ago. That guy’s an annoying pain in the .

“Oh Seungri! You’re here too!” I tried to add excitement in my voice but I’m failing miserably. Why did this rat have to be in the same class with Chaerin and Dara?! And same group!

“I haven’t seen you in a while hyung!” He excitedly said, meeting me halfway.

“You just came to my house unattended last night,” I said, my eyes turning into slit.

Now here’s an annoying fact about Seungri. He’s my junior back in high school that has a lifetime missi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter