One

She's The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was walking down the stairs, stomach grumbling because of too much hunger, heading to the cafeteria when I saw her walking out of their department. She was holding a paper bag and I guess that’s full of her ‘materials’ once again. I smiled as I followed her with my eyes.

She’s really pretty! I mean look at her! She has the most flawless porcelain skin I’ve ever seen. Her auburn locks dangling on her face as her hair was tied in a messy bun. Her deep brown eyes I always wanted to stare at forever. Man, I better come back to my senses before losing my sanity.

I messed with my hair as I unconsciously jogged towards her. “Dara!” I called. She did not look back so I called her once again, a little bit louder this time. “Hey!”

As soon as she turned her head in my direction, I was only a few meters away from her already. Being close to her like this still gives me a fluttery feeling after all this years. I must really like her a lot!

“Where are you going?” I asked, quite embarrass ‘cause my voice can’t even seem to hide the excitement I have for talking to her. She tilted her head as she examined me, I guess, with her ever piercing eyes. I want to cringe whenever she does that, especially when we first met, but my ever traitor heart who has a mind of its own, always skip a bit. I don’t even get it! I mean I should be turned off already with girls who have cold eyes and seem to judge you with just their critical look but Dara is different. Yeah, maybe she really is different.

I gave her a confident smile and she just raised her brow in reply. I scratched my head to pacify my feelings which was starting to roam all over the place once again as I sheepishly bit my lower lip. What in the world is wrong with me?! It’s been years already you dimwit! Be more relax around her!

“Uhm… H-have you eaten your lunch already?” Jiyong you idiot! Why are you stuttering again?!

“Why?” You know Dara’s another skill besides making some handmade bags that she could sell in a matter of minutes after finishing it? It’s the fact that she could take my confidence away just by answering my questions with another question!

“Well, I haven’t eaten lunch yet, you know. I mean maybe we can go together and eat some… you know…” What the heck?!

She took a deep breath, seemingly thinking about my proposal. I secretly smiled. Just a little push Jiyong. “Don’t worry my treat!” She quickly frowned before starting to step back. Okay Ji… you said a taboo word again, didn’t you?!

“No,” came her abrupt reply and I could just sagged both of my shoulders. I hastily walked in front of her when she started walking to the opposite direction. “Wait!” Luckily, she stopped but she’s giving me one of her noncommittal look once again. Ugh! This woman!

“Where are you going then?”

“To the cafeteria. I’m going to eat,” she calmly said as she walked pass me. I hurriedly went beside her again. Man, I really look like a whipped guy right now!

“Ya! Then why don’t you want to eat with me?” I whined. She just looked at me, more of a glare with the way her intense brown orbs read me. “C’mon Dara, I won’t do anything. I promise! I just want to eat with you,” begging those last words in a whisper.

She kept on walking and I kept on following her. This woman is really hard to please but I don’t even know why I’m liking it. I blocked her way once again when she entered the cafeteria. “Please!” I pleaded with embarrassing goo-goo eyes. The things I do for her. I can’t even believe I can do something like this.

“I can buy my own food.”

I blinked.

‘Dara doesn’t like to be treated as if she doesn’t have money to buy them. She’s stubborn like that. She’s always been independent like that.’

Jiyong you birdbrain! Why did you forget Bom noona’s advice to you last time! Of course! Why did you forget that basic information!

I scratched my head in utter concession. A sheepish smile creeping in. “Okay, I’m sorry. I forgot,” I admitted. “I won’t treat you anymore. But can I eat lunch with you now? I swear I’ll behave!”

“Suit yourself,” she dismissed before shaking her head and walking straightforward and I swear I saw a playful smile on her lips. I eagerly walk besides her, peaking on her face but all I saw was her nonchalant look again. Seriously?! Was I just imagining what I saw earlier? I bowed my head as I stare at my walking feet, feeling the exhaustion from everything I had gone through since this morning until now. What’s more saddening was that it’s just still half the day!

“Oh! You brought someone Dara!”

I promptly raised my head up as soon as I heard that familiar high pitched tone. Oh look! If it wasn’t for ‘my favorite Dara informant slash adviser’ as she prefers to call herself. Now I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that I’m here and will be having a lunch with these two.

You know the good and the bad side of letting Bom noona quote-and-quote be my so called informant slash adviser when it comes to Dara and having her when I’m trying to woo her cousin? She’s taking to her advantage every chance she gets when I’m trying to get closer with Dara! It’s like she’s making every time I have with Dara be all about her when we’re with her! And I couldn’t even complain because those were the times that Dara would talk more to me and would act less dismissal of me. What a cruel fate have I walked in to?

“Hello there my precious baby dragon!” She beamed, more of annoying me again. “Are you going to treat us for lunch today?” My eyes turned into slit as I glared at her before slumping on the chair opposite her. Dara, on the other hand, carefully placed her paper bag on the table before sitting beside Bom noona.

“You know she doesn’t like to be treated.” I lazily replied as I pointed Dara using my lips, pouting in the process. She rolled her eyes.

“You know I don’t like it! I have my own money…”

“Yeah, yeah and you can buy your own food. Of course…”

“Are you mocking me?” Oops! Danger alert! Must not go there. My precious rabbi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter