Prolepsis: Too Much Time Has Passed

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

prolepsis.

 

Choi Siwon sees his own reflection on the bathroom mirror. He’s still dazed, still confused. The splash of cold water clearly does nothing to calm his nerves.

 

 

Just a moment ago, he thought the worst had happened. But thankfully he’s wrong. It wasn’t her funeral, they clarified. He should’ve feel relieved but his heart still beating so fast from the initial shock. The idea of almost completely missing his chance forever really wrecked him. A chance to, maybe, finally, make right with her.

 

 

Don't get him wrong. He truly does feel sorry that the man passed away. But why the hell they summoned him to a funeral of someone who hated him the most, anyway? They all hated him. It’s certainly odd to say the least. Siwon concludes they probably invited him merely out of the decency. Despite the hatred, technically he was once a part of the family.

 

 

And despite everything, he will go for her. For Kwon Yuri.

 

 

Oh, how he misses her so dearly.

 

 

He tries to recount how many years have been passed since the last time he saw her. Was it six, or even seven years? It’s really been such a long time.

 

 

It’s crazy how he let time fly by just like that.

 

 

Siwon flinches as his jaded reflection stared back at him. His facial hair was unshaven, his hair unkempt. She probably won’t easily recognized him if he showed up like this, he thought.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter