Chapter 17: Espousal

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yuri-yah… How do you feel about Minho?” Tiffany asked impulsively.

 

Yuri’s eyes widened by her best friend’s unexpected question, “What do you mean how I feel about Minho?”

 

If there’s another thing Yuri never talk to her about, it’s about Minho – or rather, about boys in general. Yuri was never the type who put a lot interest in romance or boys and her lack of interest get worsened after the death of her older sister. Being in the popular Paran High School soccer club, Yuri had a lot of boys who go crazy for her – those crazy Yuri’s fanboys, her friends teased. Some of them had asked her to go out for a date, but Yuri had always turned them down politely. Ever since the death of her sister, Yuri had always kept a distance to the opposite . It wasn’t really hard to understand, so most of her “fanboys” also took a step back and decided to admire from afar.

 

But then the unexpected happen; out of nowhere the sophomore Choi Minho got comfortably close to the invincible Kwon Yuri. To Tiffany, Yuri always said that Minho is just a good dongsaeng to her and that’s that. But then, few months later he confessed to her in front of the whole school to which she said yes – did she say yes? Tiffany wondered; everyone assumed that Yuri did. The next thing they know was Yuri’s pregnancy rumor with Minho as the alleged baby-daddy since he’s pretty much the only boy who has close relationship to Yuri – or so everyone thought.

 

 If Yuri were to say that Minho is the father of her baby and somehow Siwon was just a terrible idea of a cover-up, Tiffany would believe her in an instant.

 

“Isn’t he your boyfriend? You know, the soccer-field confession… Didn’t you say yes?”  Tiffany raised her eyebrows with curiosity. She had seen how heartbroken Minho was upon what happened between his brother and his crush; Tiffany couldn’t help empathizing with the younger boy.

 

For some reason, it amused Yuri how it felt like that happened a long, long time ago when it’s actually not. “No, I didn’t. But I didn’t reject him either… I mean, I wasn’t even sure how I feel about him. I really like him as a dongsaeng so I thought of giving him a chance… but--,” Yuri abruptly stopped her sentence before softly continued, “But then I found out that I’m having his hyung’s baby--”

 

Yuri’s heart sank as she saw the strained expression of Tiffany. Another round of guilt pierced through her heart. She still owed her best friend an explanation; the one that she hasn’t explained the last time they met.

 

“Trust me, Fany-yah… it’s never meant to happen, we were drunk… It was a mistake,” Yuri’s voice was wavering. There was an unsettling feeling that lingers in her mind; somehow she felt like she’s half-lying to her best friend.

 

Tiffany reached to hold her Yuri’s hand, regretting of asking the previous question. Seeing her best friend made Tiffany realize that this might not be the best time to discuss anything related this whole mess. Nodding her head, Tiffany said, ”Yes, I know. Minho told me so. He said that you and Siwon-oppa are not romantically attached or anything…”

 

“Yeah, we absolutely are not…”

 

But I doubt that, said Tiffany in her own mind.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Siwon checked his phone again, contemplating whether he should just go for awhile or not. Yuri was deep asleep and he didn’t want to leave her alone without her knowing. He didn’t want to make her worry. After Tiffany’s visit yesterday, Yuri was visibly more relaxed but Siwon noticed that she, once again, set a distance between them. Siwon wasn’t even surprised, he felt like he already get used to how capriciously unstable their relationship is. He didn’t know why but a smile formed on his lips as he saw the sleeping Yuri. They might have such a dysfunctional relationship, but at least they share one thing in common: their love for the unborn baby. Siwon feels like he could do anything for the sake of his unborn child. He knows exactly that Yuri feels the same, too.

 

Siwon took a deep sigh. Would you mind if I leave you alone for awhile, Yuri-yah? I need to start looking for job as soon as possible; Siwon frowned, worried over everything.

 

Just as he took a pondering glance to the door, Siwon noticed that someone was peeking through the small window in the door. He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

 

It was his brother, Choi Minho.

 

Before Minho could even open the door to the room, Siwon quickly approached the younger boy. With their current situation, Siwon knew better that they need to talk first – outside the room.

 

“What are you doing here?” Siwon asked, even though he already knew the answer.

 

“What are you doing here, Hyung?” Minho unexpectedly asked back. "Shouldn’t you be working right now? You’ll gonna need a lot of money for your baby, Hyung. You have decided to be on your own feet, haven’t you?” Minho exasperatedly asked, reminding his older brother of the decision he made. A foolish decision, Minho commented. “You know you can’t possibly rely on your bank account forever, right?”

 

“Yes, I know, Minho. But I can’t leave Yuri alone right now. I have to be with her,” Siwon whispered, signaling his brother to lower the volume of his voice; not wanting to wake Yuri up.

 

“Right. After knowing that both of you no longer have financial support at all, I bet she begged you to accompany her inst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter