Suitcase

Notepaper Hearts

After a nice warm bath Luhan pulled on a big white T-shirt and black track pants that Mrs. Ahn, the landlady, left for him in the bathroom. He sniffed the shirt. It smelled of tropical fruits. He smiled before making his way to the living room where the family had gathered.

“Luhan, is it?” the landlady asked. She sat on the couch with her husband as Luhan sat on the floor with his suitcase.

“Yes ma’am.”

The lady smiled at his politeness. “Well I’m Mrs. Ahn, and this here, is Mr. Ahn – or you can just call us mom and dad.”

Luhan blinked widely and Mrs. Ahn burst out laughing.

“He’s a cute boy, isn’t he cute, Sweetheart?” she turned to her husband who was idly cracking open walnuts in a bowl and chucking the contents into his mouth. He didn’t seem to hear her.

“Yeobo,” the lady said sternly.

“Huh? – Oh, yes. Very much.”

Mrs. Ahn pursed her lips. “You’ll have to excuse my husband. He’s had a long day from work and he needs some time to zone out. I think all men do. It’s natural isn’t it?”

Luhan smiled with humour in his eyes as he looked down.

Mrs. Ahn reciprocated his smile with an even bigger one. “And how old are you?”

 “Sixteen.”

At this the parents looked at each other in shock. “You certainly looked young but I thought it might have just been the country air. Do your parents know you’ve come here?”

“They do. They wanted me to come so I could study here.”

“I see… well this is only Busan, it’s not a big city, but I’m sure you’ll get a great education and have plenty of opportunities to make a living.” Mrs. Ahn then stood up and craned her neck to see down the hall. “Now where could Minju be…? – MINJU!”

 “Yeh, Umma!” a voice called back from afar.

“Come greet our new guest, and then show him to his room!”

“Yeh!”

Loud footsteps came down the stairs and then at the entrance of the living room was the same girl with short hair in her pyjamas, except now she had on a big pair of glasses that magnified her eyes to a scary size and her hair was tangled.

“Minju, this is Luhan, he’s the new – “

Luhan couldn’t help but laugh at this sight. He quickly covered his mouth but it was too late. The girl was offended.

“Yah.” She looked threateningly at him but the glasses only made her look funnier. Luhan took a deep breath and pressed his smiling lips together to stop himself from laughing.

She frowned at him. “Are you laughing at me?”

“Yes,” Luhan answered honestly, not one to lie about such things.

The girl scoffed. “Appa,” she said, “where did you find such a rude person?”

“Minju!” Mrs. Ahn scolded.

“Show him to his room, Minju,” Mr. Ahn said, not caring that there were negative feelings between the two. As long as there weren’t any romantic feelings associated with his baby girl and a male, he was fine.

Minju pursed her lips. “Come on.” She took Luhan’s suitcase and went ahead of him.

The smile still hadn’t wiped off Luhan’s face. God, this girl looks ridiculous, he thought as he followed her upstairs. The warning Mr. Ahn gave him at the front door now seemed like such a joke. Like I could fall for someone like this. She’s barely even a girl –

“Ah!” he cursed after bumping his foot on the ledge of the first stair.

Minju looked over her shoulder and smirked. In her distraction she lost hold of the heavy suitcase and it went down crashing into Luhan who, having taken his first step, tripped on the suitcase and fell backwards onto the floor.

Minju’s jaw dropped. 

Oh dear...


Hehe XD

If you're reading give me your thoughts! I look forward to all comments and criticsm! (it helps me improve) :)

See you in the next chapter!

kamikazexox ♥