The Christmas Eve

ITS BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

"Yes! And it's done! Ta-Da~!" Hoseok announced brightly as he gestured to the tall Christmas tree. It was a regular pine tree, standing in the middle of the dorm living room but still bare of any decorations.

"What? You have just put up the angel doll on the tree!", Yoongi scoffed at him while his hands busily checked all the LEDs of the fairy lights. " We still have to put the lights on it, hang up the ornaments and candies and so many things!!" Yoongi continued, mocking Hoseok's Ta-Da.

Jimin and Jungkook, who were busy setting up the Jesus crib, started giggling at Hoseok, as his face dulled out with each of Yoongi's words. He started doing a silly crying aegyo, grumbling slowly, about how no one appreciates his efforts!

"Wait!", Jungkook exclaimed loudly, turning everyone's attention to him. "Aren't we supposed to put a star on top of the Christmas tree? Whereas the angel should be on top of the crib?", he asked and pointed to the crib.

"Exactly!", Jimin agreed.

"Hmm.", Hoseok folded his arms and stared at the tree. "It's fine if the angel is to be shifted on top of the crib.... but how will you put ME on top of the tree..?", he said, tapping his forefinger on his chin. "Well, since you said a star should be on the tree and let's face it, I  am a shiny little Star!", he replied with a sly smile. 

" Huh!", Jimin huffed at him, in an unbelievable manner and turned his attention back on the crib while Jungkook just grinned at his hyung's cheesiness.

Yoongi rolled his eyes at him and smirked, "Well I don't know about shiny, but you surely will be the first horse to be a 'little Star'...".

"Yah! At least don't call me that infront of them", Hoseok wailed at Yoongi who he started laughing with his gummy smile.

Suddenly huge and heavy foot steps were heard from the hallway accompanied with metallic sounds of 'cling-clang'. And than something appeared in the doorway that looked like a 'cardboard box with legs and hands on the side'. Fortunately this confusion was soon cleared as Namjoon's head popped right up! 

"I found them! I found the ornaments!", he chirped with excitement and flashed his dimpled smile. So, it wasn't any cardboard creature with limbs. It was just Namjoon carrying the cardboard box full of Christmas ornaments, stockings, Santa caps and other stuff.

"Wow! You found the ornaments, carried them all the way here and nothing is broken yet?! Must be a Christmas miracle." Yoongi remarked at him.

Namjoon's smile soon turned into a flat line as he shook his head and set the box on the floor. "Geez hyung! A small thank you would have been enough." He said curtly. "Do you how heavy it was to carry the box, all the way from the basement till here? My hip might as well have been broken by now!", he added while massaging his hip slightly.

"You broke your hip?! Great! Then lets do a break-dance!!!", Hoseok yelled and started moving in such smooth, robotic manner, which seemed to defy the laws of physics! 

Namjoon stared at him and started imitating his moves, only to make all the others burst into peals of laughter!

Hoseok shrieked loudly and started clapping like a key weilding toy.

Yoongi fell into fits of silent gummy giggles while Jimin and Jungkook squealed at Namjoon's dance moves.

"He...He..", Jungkook tried to control his laugh to speak," He looks like a sea weed!!" He pointed at Namjoon's arms and squealed again. Jimin started laughing even more loudly and threw himself on the floor to giggle his heart out.

Namjoon stopped and gave them a disappointed look and went back, digging in the box for the ornaments. What? He is not a great dancer but he tried his best.

Meanwhile in the kitchen......

"Hmmmm...." , Taehyung sniffed the air in a dreamy manner as Jin got a tray of freshly baked cookies out of the oven. Jin eyed him in a suspicious manner and made sure to keep the cookies very well out of Taehyung's reach.

Taehyung sat at the kitchen counter, with his arms on the marble layout, his chin cupped in  his palms and grinned at Jin in a greedy, school boy manner. " Do you know hyung? Those cookies look delicious! They seem to have quite caught my eye!" , he said in an impressed tone.

"Oh really?!", Jin decided to play along with his chivalry. " Those cookies caught your eye? But I don't quite remember you throwing your eye at them...funny! Well to be honest neither me nor my cookies like to catch any eyeballs! Slippery, little yucky things they are...", Jin blabbered, whisking a chocolate cake mix.

After a strange silence met his joke, he stole a glance at Taehyung and saw him staring at him as if he was seeing a ghost. Jin couldn't hold his laughter anymore and soon started wheezing like as windshield wiper.

Taehyung pushed himself of the chair and grumbled, " I was only complementing your baking skills and you go on and make it all weird!!"

Jin squealed even harder and said, " Yah! I was just having a merry little joke! Come on! It's a joyous festival!!"

"Well then", Taehyung joined his hands together and stared at Jin in an innocent manner," Could this angelic little brother of yours have a cookie on the occasion of this joyous festival?"

"Hmmm...... NO!", Jin denied his request firmly. "How many times have I told you TaeTae that these are for Christmas only? Now go on! Shoo! Help the others with the Christmas tree!", Jin chased him away.

Taehyung pouted at him and made his way to the living room.

As soon as he entered the room, he remained awed with the scene before him. The majestic Christmas tree stood in the middle of the living room with all its might! The tree was coiled with fairy lights, the LEDs of the string blinking up with random colours. Shiny, colourful ornaments were hung here and there, to the pine needles. The Christmas presents, of all sizes, wrapped in bright coloured wrapping papers, were kept under the tree.

Taehyung ran to the tree and screamed in excitement, "WOW!!! This looks so pretty!! Great job guys! You made TaeTae proud!" and he cheekily gave them a thumbs up. 

"Yah! Taehyung! Where did you disappear? Do you have any idea how stressful it is to decorate the tree?", Namjoon rebuked him while helping Yoongi with the tinsel.

"He was just slacking off hyung!", Jimin interjected from his place on the step ladder.

"No! I was keeping an eye on Jin hyung in the kitchen!!" Taehyung defended himself in a matter- of- fact voice. "You know, he might gobble up all the goodies himself!"

"Don't lie Taehyung! The truth is you wanted to eat the cookies before any of us!", Jimin attacked him again.

"Okay! Enough with the fights!", Namjoon tried to calm them down. " Here! Taehyung, please hang up these candy canes with the ribbon." Namjoon made his way through the silver tinsel on the floor, to give Taehyung the bag of candy canes, but got himself trapped in the tinsel instead.

"Yah! Namjoon-ah!", Yoongi called him, " Please be careful with the tinsel! I'm putting it around the tree! I have a feeling that you will pull it and will make the tree come crashing to the ground!"

Namjoon smiled sheepishly and tried to free his feet but successfully shaked the tree.

"Whoa! whoa! whoa!!", everyone stared at the tree in horror, as it oscillated to and fro before becoming steady.

"Phew!", Yoongi let out a breath he had no idea he was holding.

"Hyung! Please stay still..", Jungkook pleaded to Namjoon. " I will come and get you out of that, okay?" He assured Namjoon and made his way through all the mess on the floor.

Namjoon smiled in an apologetic way and sighed as Jungkook started to remove the tinsel gently away from him.

 

A peaceful silence spread over the room with soft Christmas carols playing in the background. Jimin and Hoseok murmured slowly as to how to arrange the ceramic idols in the crib and  Taehyung softly hummed the carols while hanging up the candy canes. 

"Okay, the food has been taken care of! How are things going on here?", Jin entered the room brushing off the flour from his sweater but stood still as soon as he saw the tree. 

" This looks... Gorgeous!! Well done boys!", Jin appreciated them heartily. 

"Thank you hyung~~~", Taehyung beamed at him.

"Why are you thanking? You hardly did any work!", now Jungkook scoffed in annoyance, earning a grin from Jimin.

"It's Christmas Kookie! Let's be a little selfless.", Taehyung cheekily smiled.

"Ok...the tree is up, the food has been taken care of..now all that's left is us dressing up in those costumes and taking a picture.", Jin ticked on a mental list of all the chores.

"Yes! Just so everyone knows, I will be the Santa!", Namjoon reminded everyone.

"You? Santa???" Jin looked at him in surprise " Please! We want the presents to be delivered, not lost! I think it's best if I become the Santa, you know... worldwide handsome and all!" Jin pointed at his face and grinned. While Namjoon frowned at him.

"Yes! Than Kookie can be the Gingerbread Cookie!!", Jimin squealed and side hugged Jungkook.

"And what will you be hyung? Strawberry Short cake??", Jungkook cheekily asked Jimin while trying to wiggle out of the hug. Namjoon and Hoseok tried to muffle their laughter at the statement.

Jimin stared at him innocently before understanding what he meant and pushed him away in anger, " Yah! Jeon Jungkook!! Show some respect to your Hyungs!"  and he stomped away angrily to Hoseok. 

Hoseok shook his head at Jungkook and tried to comfort Jimin telling him that he would be a great Snowman.

Just then Taehyung peered out of the window and his eyes widened with joy," Oh! Look! It's snowing!"

Everyone turned to look outside and soon it was a stampede to get to the balcony. Sounds of ' Wows' and 'Ahh! So pretty' could be heard from everyone. Everyone stared at the delicate, little white snow crystals with pure joy. Their amazement as the crystals landed on their nose and fingertips, was equivalent to any elementary school kids.

Yoongi stared at the sky in peace when a sudden thought hit him. He leaned on to Namjoon and whispered to him. " I think I know what we should write our new Japanese single on."

"Crystal Snow?", Namjoon smiled at him.

Yoongi's eyebrows went up to his hairline. He smiled and gently nodded. His eyes trailed back to the snowfall outside.

The night life scene of the city seemed more lively and peaceful than usual. The snow had covered the entire city like a fluffy, white sheet. Christmas lights glowed softly in the cool air. Cheerful sounds of children and the bells chiming could be heard from a distance.

Suddenly a loud gong was heard from somewhere. Jimin's eyes widened at the sound. "Is it twelve at midnight already?", he asked with surprise. And as if an answer to his question soon another church gong was heard, followed by the sound of fireworks.

"Merry Christmas!", Jungkook greeted loudly. "Wish a Merry Christmas!", Namjoon joined him. Soon everyone was exchanging the season's greetings, with the fireworks brightening up the sky in hue colours.It certainly was a really mirthful environment.

Namjoon looked over at the boys and himself, and sighed in contentment. They were doing well. They were happy with themselves. Most important, he knew that although they never said it out loud, they were a strong and loving family. They had each other to lean on, no matter what.

This year had proved to be the most fantastic and mind-blowing year ever. Thinking about their amazing and caring ARMYs, all the love and support they were continuously getting; had made the hurt and disappointments they ever faced , melt away like the snow infront of him. He really couldn't wish for anything more than what he had right now.

He couldn't be more ecstatic than he was now! Overcome with all the wonderful and sweet emotions he suddenly plunged himself on everyone, in an attempt to give them a big, bear hug! They were all taken aback with his sudden energy, but soon joined in the hug.

They all stood there, grinning happily in peace at the colourful lights in the sky. They were satisfied with themselves, they were proud of themselves. They were achieving their dreams and were touching people's lives, just as they wished to.

Their perseverance, dedication and faith in themselves was shinning just as brightly as the Star on top of the Christmas tree. They still had more goals for the coming year and were sure that they will make it. This was definitely a massive MERRY year for them and they hoped to see even a better one ahead, not just for them but for everyone, their ARMY, their company, their family and EVERYONE!

 

*************MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY 2018******