Sweeter than Candy

Somebody to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello lovelies! It's been a while since we met here (almost a year to be exact). I'm sorry for not updating this story for a while. This really was supposed to be a short story but me and usual self got carried away. But I have no regrets seeing how much love it gets. 

Here's a little filler chapter for the New Year! Not much is happening here but I hope it'll be you heart shaker shaker. Lol, sorry- couldn't resist. Also, thank you so much for supporting my writing by leaving feedbacks and being such lovely and patient readers. I hope to write more in 2019 and share it with you all so please do look forward to seeing more stories from me! Thank you again! Also, Happy New Year! Love you <3

Tzuyu groaned, stretching her body after completing her advanced mathematics revision. Some people go out partying at night, well, Tzuyu does maths. She stifled a yawn before getting up from her desk and laying down on her bed. She closed her eyes and let her thoughts drift off to a certain someone who had caused her to have constant butterflies in her stomach.

It had been two days since she last encountered the older girl and she had to admit, she missed her. Tzuyu sighed before reaching for her phone on her bedside table. She scrolled through her contacts before finding Sana’s number. The Taiwanese took a breath before clicking call.

‘Don’t pick up, don’t pick up, don’t pick u-’ Tzuyu chanted in her head as she heard the dial tone through her phone speakers.

“Hello?” An angelic voice came through the line and suddenly Tzuyu forgot how to breathe.

“Hello?” The same voice called out again.

“Tzuyu?” Sana asked again.

Sana’s concerned sounding voice broke Tzuyu out of her internal panic and bliss in a way and she immediately responded.

“Hi!” Tzuyu came through a bit too loud. Tzuyu shut her eyes tight in embarrassment as she started feeling the heat rush to her face, she apologised. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay, cutie.” Sana cooed, “Are you okay?”

“Mmhmm, I’m okay. What about you?” Tzuyu managed to reply in a calmer tone.

“I’m good. What are you doing?” Sana asked.

“Lying down.” Tzuyu answered honestly before adding, “I just finished doing revision and I thought it would be nice to hear your voice.”

The line went dead silent and Tzuyu felt like slapping herself.

‘Stupid, stupid, stupid.’ Tzuyu scolded herself in her mind after letting that slip.

“O-oh really?”

Tzuyu smiled a bit as she heard Sana stutter, loving the fact that she had caused that.

“That’s so sweet of you.” Sana said giggling.

Tzuyu blushed again, “I’m not that sweet, unnie.”

“But you are. You’re the sweetest.” Sana said, voice filled with cuteness that almost made Tzuyu squeal.

“Thanks” The younger girl mumbled.

On the other end of the line, Sana couldn’t stop smiling at how cute the younger girl was being over the phone. She could just imagine Tzuyu’s face turning a dangerous shade of red and thought that it was the most endearing thing ever.

“So, uh, about our date…” Tzuyu trailed off.

Sana’s ears perked up at the mention of their date and the Japanese found herself feeling shy.

“Mmhmm?” Sana hummed, letting the younger girl know she was listening.

“I was wondering if you’d be free this Saturday?” Tzuyu asked, sounding nervous.

Sana smiled endearingly at Tzuyu’s nervousness and nodded shyly before realising that Tzuyu couldn’t actually see her.

“I am.” Sana said cutely as she tilted her head to one side. She then grinned to herself as she anticipated Tzuyu’s reply.

“Do you like fairs?” Tzuyu asked timidly.

“I love fairs!” Sana exclaimed excitedly. “Are you gonna take me to the fair?”

“M-maybe” Tzuyu stuttered. “Guess you’ll find out on Saturday.”

Sana almost squealed at how cute Tzuyu answered but she obviously was going to take Sana to the fair and now Sana can’t help but wish Saturday would come sooner.

“I, uh, also kind of didn’t want to wait that long to see you again so…” Tzuyu trailed off.

“So?” Sana repeated, coaxing Tzuyu to continue.

“Well, we have a volleyball game tomorrow night and I was wondering if you would want to come watch me play?” Tzuyu invited and Sana’s heart stops.

Sana had her fair share of jocks courting her but no one ever really invited her to their games and she found it to be somewhat special.

“I might be playing the full game.” Tzuyu said shyly but excitedly.

“Sounds big!” Sana said in an impressed tone which Tzuyu giggled at.

“It is! It’s against our rivals in the league and they’re really good too so we’re in for a really interesting match. It might even go up to 5 sets!”

“Really?” Sana tilted her head cutely again, “I definitely can’t miss that then.”

“So you’ll come then?” Tzuyu asked, excitedly.

“I’ll be there.” Sana promised.

“Great!” Tzuyu grinned through the line.

“Great.” Sana repeated.

“Good!”

“Good.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow then?” Tzuyu asked cutely, making Sana all shy.

“Can’t wait.” Sana managed to answer though her face was burning.

“Good night, Sana unnie.” Tzuyu whispered sending shivers down Sana’s spine.

“Good night Tzuyu.” Sana whispered back.

The next day, Jihyo had entered the student council room and was met with the sight of Sana reading a thick book. Being the curious cat she was, Jihyo crouched forward to read the title of the book and blinked, the page cover read ‘Understanding Court Sports’

“Since when were you interested in sports?” Jihyo asked teasingly causing Sana to sigh and put down the book.

“I was just wondering about it since I saw how well the volleyball team is doing this season.” Sana answered.

She wasn’t sure why she didn’t really want to tell Jihyo the truth. Maybe she was afraid of being teased to no end by the council president. Truth was, Sana knew nothing of Volleyball and since she would be attending Tzuyu’s game tonight, Sana thought it would be good to study the game a bit. That way, she’ll know when to cheer and when to not.

“Oh. That’s nice of you.” Jihyo complimented, “So, you’ll come to the game tonight then?”

“Well, I was thinking about it. No harm in showing some school spirit right?”

“Mmhmm.” Jihyo nodded in agreement as she grabbed her binder from her desk and slipped it into her bag, she also managed to mumble, “No harm is cheering for your girl either.”

“W-what?” Sana stuttered, eyes widening.

“Oh, nothing.” Jihyo answered sweetly before her phone beeped. She read her notifications and smiled even more sweetly at Sana.

“Well, Mina needs me. I’ll be going now. Have fun drooling over Tzuyu tonight!” Jihyo teased before leaving and shutting the door behind her.

Sana shook her head and resumed studying the volleyball rules. A few moments later, her phone went off, signalling an incoming text message. Sana picked it up and a smile made its way to her face when she noticed it was from Tzuyu.

From Tzuyu:
It might be asking for too much but is it okay if you come a bit early to the game? I want to give you something. It’s okay if you can’t.

To Tzuyu:
Okay cutie. I’ll see you before the game ok? <3

Sana was curious on what the younger one wanted to give her but decided that she’ll just find out when she gets there. At the time being, Sana had a few hours to try and understand volleyball.

When Sana arrived at the sports hall later that day, the volleyball team were warming up and doing a few drills. Jeongyeon was the one who had spotted her and Sana felt her face heat up when Jeongyeon smirked at her before calling Tzuyu over and pointing to Sana’s direction.

Sana’s heartbeat started picking up at the sight of Tzuyu jogging towards her direction. The younger girl paused at the team bench and grabbed something on it before approaching Sana.

“Hi unnie.” Tzuyu smiled and that was it- Sana melted straight away.

“Hi Tzuyu.” Sana blushed.

“So, uh, I really didn’t think this throu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter