I'm Sorry

Colorless

                      "Wow just wow, I didn't know that you guys are in the same class!!! Mina why you didn't tell me?!" Dahyun exclaimed. "Uh... I didn't know that she's your cousin" Mina replied. "Uhmm... Really? My bad…" Dahyun giggled.  

                      The three girls are all seated with Dahyun next to Mina and Chaeyoung is in front of them.  When Chaeyoung is about to pick her food using her chopsticks, she saw Mina fixing her things and getting up from her seat so she look at her cousin confused about what is going on.

                     “You’re leaving? But you haven’t finished your food yet…” Dahyun wondered. “Yeah, cause I’ve lost my appetite. Sorry.” Mina murmured.  Before Dahyun can reply to Mina, the girl left her seat as fast as she could, leaving the two girls confused.

                     “What happened to her? A while ago she’s in good mood and she said she’s hungry and now she’s leaving her food here. Is she on her period today?” Dahyun hissed while shoving the spoon in her soup.
 

                       A while ago while Chaeyoung is being dragged by Dahyun to her seat, she saw the expression of Mina changed. Chaeyoung is definitely sure the reason why Mina lost her appetite is because of her; their first meeting is not that good because she ignored Mina who is trying to be friends with her.

                      “I think the reason why she left is because of me…” Chaeyoung felt guilty. “Huh? What do you mean” Dahyun murmured while chewing the big amount of food in .

“I ignored her a while ago when was trying to shake h—“ Chaeyoung noticed the sudden change of expression of her cousin so she wasn’t able to finish her sentence, this is the very first time seeing her cousin like this since Dahyun is always cheerful even if they were fighting when they were still young Dahyun was never been like this, she’s always good at controlling her temper but today she was different. Chaeyoung felt very nervous and she knew that she did something wrong and is guilty about it. “I’m sorry” Chaeyoung apologized. “I didn’t know that she’s your friend…” “Even if she’s not my friend you should’ve been nice to her!” Dahyun gushed. “Mina is just like you!  She got social anxiety, so hearing that she’s trying her best to make friends and being rejected is kinda upsetting.” Dahyun looked at Chaeyoung angrily.

                    Knowing Mina ever since, Dahyun knew that her friend isn’t the type of person who will make the first move to be friends with other people that is why when Mina left to go back to Japan 10 years ago, she was worried about her friend being alone. Dahyun has been friends with Mina first before she met her cousin Chaeyoung and lived together with her in their Grandparents’ house. That is why getting along with Chaeyoung is never been hard for Dahyun because Mina and her are alike.

                 “I’m sorry! I really don’t know!” Chaeyoung rise up from her seat, leaving her food unfinished. “Well now you know!” Dahyun yelled, making her small cousin feel smaller than she is. ”Now what do you think you should do?!?!?!.”

 “Where are you going?!” Dahyun placed her chopsticks on the table to pull Chaeyoung’s skirt to stop her from leaving. “I should be the one to pull a walk out scene here.” “My next class is about to start I don’t want to be late” Chaeyoung lied, while removing Dahyun’s hand in her skirt.

                While on her way to her class Chaeyoung felt very bad about what she did to Mina earlier in their first class and knowing that she might have hurt the girl by ignoring her she felt guilty, Chaeyoung doesn’t know how she will apologize to Mina. “You’re really an idiot Son Chaeyoung.” The girl blamed herself as she enters the classroom.

                The first person she saw was Mina, and the girl is busy on her phone. “Playing games huh?” Relax Chaeyoung act cool as if nothing happened. Instead of replying to the question of the girl seating next to her she decided to plug her earphones, she put the volume of her phone at the lowest volume,  pretended that she’s listening to the sound effects of the game she was playing, and so that she could ignore the girl.  Chaeyoung pulled the other pair of earphones out of Mina’s right ear.

                  Dahyun will continue to get mad at me if you won’t forgive me

                  “Look, I’m sorry I didn’t know that you’re Dahyun’s friend”

                  I really at words

                  What else should I say for you to feel that I am really sorry?

                Finally, Chaeyoung got the attention of Mina and the girl is looking at her straight in her eyes.

                Say something Son Chaeyoung. Do something.

                The small girl didn’t hesitate she grab Mina’s phone and took it away from her; Mina is wondering what the girl is doing. What? Did I just snatch her phone from her? “Oh so your phone is touch screen huh?” What the , what are you saying.”Please bring back my phone to me.” Mina requested. “And yes it is touch screen.” Chaeyoung is embarrassed asking herself why the hell she asked that stupid question.

                Of course Son Chaeyoung almost everybody their phones are all now touch screen because it’s the 21st century, focus, stop embarrassing yourself.

                 So she suddenly put Mina’s phone back on her table and started to talk again. “I know I made a mistake, If I only knew you were like me—“, “Like you?” Mina cuts Chaeyoung’s sentence. “Yeah like me, Dahyun told me that you got social anxiety. That’s why when I found out about it I suddenly felt guilty. Let me clear it, I’m not comfortable being in front of other people who isn’t close to me, I tend to overthink that much.  I’m really sorry; I think that was the reason why I didn’t shake your hands. ” Chaeyoung said sincerely.

                   Mina didn’t replied but everything made sense after hearing Chaeyoung’s revelation about her fear to people. Now the girl understands and now don’t feel embarrassed at all about happened earlier.

                   Chaeyoung felt relieved after asking for forgiveness to the girl. It was just a freaking handshake but yeah, it was a big deal for both of them. She hopes that Mina won’t overthink anymore.

                    A week past and the seatmates still haven’t started talking to each other; they’re both breathing the awkward air between them. The two girls wishing they could change their seats with the other kids but it seems like no one in the class is interested to change their partners aside from the two of them.

                    Chaeyoung put something on the paper and she slide it on Mina’s side. “What is that?” Mina murmured because their teacher is still inside their classroom. “Just look” Chaeyoung answered. “What? I can’t read anything, are you sure you wrote something there?” Mina asked. “You should’ve used a lighter color on a dark sheet of paper I can’t see anything.” “Ah yeah right.” Chaeyoung pull out her notebook and wrote something again.

                     Mina was able to see what Chaeyoung put on her notebook and it painted a big smile on her.