Dull

Colorless

                Chaeyoung is an Art Student who cannot identify colors well, when she was in pre-school her mother always knew that there is something wrong with her because she was having trouble understanding simple patterns.

               The Optometrist told her mother that she is red-green color deficient, or simple to say Chaeyoung is a colorblind. But being a colorblind did not stop her to do anything that she wants. Despite being different to other people, she was still able to represent her school in different art contests, she can draw, and she can paint just like normal visual artists do; she can do all these things because of her parents that always supports her and understands her situation. Chaeyoung consider her parents as her number one supporters because she always gains strength from them. She is always thankful to have them on her side. She knew that without her parents, she is nothing.

                However in a snap, everything has changed when her parents died because of a car accident. Chaeyoung blamed herself to the death of her parents, she always tell herself if she did not asked them to visit a museum that day, her parents would still be alive. Even though it has been 7 years after the death of her parents she still mourn for them every day, cry herself to sleep every night, and always wishing that she should be the one who is dead and not her parents.

                Chaeyoung know for sure if her parents are still alive they do not want to see her being miserable, that is why she continue to live even though she does not know who is now she is living for. Chaeyoung is currently staying with her grandparents and with her cousin Dahyun.

                “Ugh... can you please stop pinching my cheeks” Chaeyoung said annoyingly. “I will STOP IF you’re going to get your out of the bed! Grandma will probably get the crap out of me if you’re not gonna get up!” “Dahyun-ah! What’s taking you so long to wake up Chaeng! She’ll be late for school.” Their Grandma shouted.

                “Grandma, I’ll be there in a minute I am just gonna take a bath first!” Chaeyoung shouts in her bedroom making everyone in the house hear her. “Chaeyoung” Dahyun said in a low voice. “Uhm yeah?” Chaeyoung responds while making her way to the bathroom. “It’s our first day of school; I just want you to make friends like the other kids do. I am tired of seeing you eating alone in cafeteria, I just want you —“ “Shhh” Chaeyoung cuts whatever Dahyun is saying. “I understand what you’re trynna say, don’t worry Dubu I can handle myself.” Chaeyoung gave a Dahyun a wide smile as she enters the bathroom.

                As punctual as always Chaeyoung is already inside the classroom 30 minutes before the class, and before the school bell ring as the sign the start of the class, the seats are being occupied one by one.

               Until the only seat that is left is the one next to her. Before the ring bells, there is a girl who entered the room breathlessly catching her breath, probably this girl trying her best not to be late on the first day of the class, making her way to the only remaining chair.

              "Is this seat still available?” The girl asked. "Yeah" Chaeyoung nods. "We just recently moved in this city, so I'm not yet familiar with the directions, this reason why I am almost late in the first subject" The girl sighs in relief that she is not late, while wiping the sweat on her forhead.

              "By the way my name is Mina" She introduced herself as she offer her hand to shake Chaeyoung's. Chaeyoung ignored Mina and just continued whatever she is doing,  Mina was so embarrassed but she understand and feel that the girl next to her does not want to be friends with her.

              On their break Chaeyoung ran to their school's cafeteria to grab a lunch, while queuing on the line she saw Dahyun waving her hand and giving Chaeyoung a sign to seat next to her. While approaching the table where Dahyun is seating Chaeyoung recognized a familiar face seating beside her cousin, she thought that Dahyun was alone that is why she is making her way to Dahyun's table to eat lunch with her but Chaeyoung is wrong she doesn't want to interact with other students in her school aside from Dahyun that is why she turned for other the direction to look for another table.

               "PSSSSTTT!!!! Son Chaeyoung what are you doing??? are you gonna pretend that you didn't see me at all again?!?! “Sulky Dahyun nags. ”Huh?!  What are you saying!  I didn't!" Chaeyoung said defensively. "Then why are you looking for an empty seat,  I told you to seat next to me "Dahyun rolled her eyes.  

                "Yeah I was about to but someone is seating next to you, you know that I get anxious when I'm in front of someone I don't know well" Chaeyoung said in a low voice. 

                  "She is a very very very close friend of mine, so you don’t need to worry" Dahyun forcedly dragged Chaeyoung in their table,  Dahyun is glaring at Chaeyoung telling her to bring down the tray that she is holding. "Okay!" Dahyun said energetically "Chaeyoung I want you to meet Mi—"

                   "No need to introduce... I know her she's seating next to me. We're classmates." Chaeyoung cutting Dahyun words.