epilogue

All in your head

The smell of ginger and chicken stew ade the medium sized of their apartment, a certain brunette male with a yellow apron on humming their favorite song, then the beep of the microwave startled him. Walking towards the microwave he can smell the garlic bread is well heated, too caught up with the garlic bread Jeonghan forgot the still steaming hot stew and the smell of burnt pot invade his nose and his stew spills all over the kitchen, the burnt smoke triggers the fire alarm as all of a sudden the kitchen is showered with water from their fire alarm system.

 

Jeonghan just stands there looking at his kitchen in a mess, his pot of ginger and chicken stew clearly burnt and full of water from their fire alarm system. The only decent food is only the heated garlic bread from the microwave. He didn’t realize that he had been staring into the space of his mess, until the sounds of the main door opened, and a baritone voice fill up their apartment.

 

“Baby?” the figure walks slowly approaching the mess.

 

When the man stepped in and see the mess in front of him and Jeonghan just stands there with a plate of garlic bread in his hand, he puts his hand softly on Jeonghan’s back,

 

“Honey? Hey, what is this?” He said,

 

Jeonghan just look up to the man and pout, “I was just trying to make a ginger and chicken stew for you, you’ve been very tired after work lately, but when I was taking out the garlic bread from the microwave, I forgot to turn down the stove and I burnt the stew-” He said in teary eyes, Seungcheol smiles softly, “Oh baby, it’s okay, let’s clean that later yeah? I ate already,” He leads the younger to their bedroom and sits him there, he took the garlic bread from his hand and put it on his bed side, “Now, do you want to lay down? You must’ve been tired,” He threads through Jeonghan’s hair, Jeonghan closes his eyes slowly. “What did you eat?” Jeonghan asks, “Your lunch box, I skipped lunch and decided to eat it before I come home,” Seungcheol said loosening his tie. Jeonghan look up and reach out to help Seungcheol taking of his tie. “You should take a bath,” The younger said while laying down, Seungcheol hum in response, “Alright,” He steps away from the younger and pick out his usual black t-shirt and jogger pants.

 

After awhile sleep engulf Jeonghan as he is fast asleep and the time Seungcheol got out of shower he’s sleeping peacefully, smiling to himself he slip through the covers and scoot closer to the younger and slowly put his arm under the younger’s back and bring him closer. Out of impulse, Jeonghan quickly adjust himself and curls comfortably inside of his boyfriend’s warmth. They sleep like a sloth, when Jeonghan stirs from his sleep the time shows it’s 3 am. They’ve been sleeping from 7pm, he look up to the man with arms envelop him in a warm hug. He’s clearly been tired with work, he is getting skinnier and Jeonghan couldn’t stop it, he fed him with food during weekends sometimes stop him from exercising, but still the sunken cheeks are the prove of he’s getting skinnier, his silver hair makes him look pale, Jeonghan hates it, he should suggest his boyfriend to dye it back to black, he’s been tracing his boyfriend’s jawline that it awaken the owner of the greek god face. “What time is it?” Seungcheol asked, his voice is still raspy and hoarse, it runs chill to his spine. “3 am, go back to sleep,” Seungcheol hums, “And let you creep on me again?” He teases the younger with his still deep raspy voice. Jeonghan chuckles, and mumbles no while buries himself further in Seungcheol’s warmth. But sleeping since 7pm clearly makes Jeonghan wide awake now. “I can’t sleep,” Jeonghan said nudging Seungcheol’s side. “I can, good night,” He said closing his eyes trying to sleep again. But Jeonghan is not having it as he keep on squirming in Seungcheol’s arms. “Babe,” Seungcheol whines at Jeonghan, “But I can’t sleep,” Jeonghan whines back, giving up on his boyfriend Seungcheol opens his eyes and stares at the younger, “Alright, what do you want to do then?” Jeonghan smiles, “Let's talk, we haven’t talked in awhile,” Seungcheol chuckles, “Alright, how was your day?” He asked lovingly, “Oh, since you asked,” Jeonghan said sitting up a bit and circles his arms around Seungcheol’s neck. “I’ve had a wonderful day, I slept for like 7 hours only woken up because I was hungry around 2 pm,” he smiles widely, Seungcheol laughs, “You sleep like a sloth you know that?” Jeonghan just giggles, “Can’t help it, I’m always tired.” Seungcheol hums, “What about the mess earlier?” He asked. “Ah, that, I’ve noticed how you’ve been tired lately, your eyebags seems darken, you are getting skinnier, and with the weather like this, I don’t want you to get sick so I called Minhyuk hyung some recipe for recovering soup and he told me to make a ginger and chicken stew, and you love chicken, so I thought it’ll be a great idea not until I burnt it,” he pouts at the end.

Seungcheol listening with so much adoration and love towards the boy, he does realize he’s gotten skinnier, he can’t help it, he ate everything Jeonghan made or bought for him, sometimes he complies to Jeonghan’s request for cuddling all day, and still his figure getting lankier, maybe the stress of work got him. Jihoon been a total lately, he has been rushing him to gives him a report of the missions that he missed. What stress Seungcheol the most is, just because he just got back from a vacation date with his boyfriend that doesn’t mean when he got back he can just rush him and stress him out for things that he could simply asks to his own secretary. But being a great best friend he is, he complies to every nag Jihoon said to him. And the fact that his long time boyfriend waits for him and put his precious time from sleeping to search, asked and made him a soup just so that he won’t get sick flutters his heart and send tingles through his spine.

“I love you, you know?” Seungcheol said almost all of a sudden which also startled Jeonghan, he looks up to his boyfriend and blushed. “I love you too baby,” He smiles ever so widely and Seungcheol can’t help to smile too cause his Jeonghan’s smiles is too contagious. “I still have the leftover garlic bread, do you want?” Jeonghan sits up for real this time. Seungcheol gets up and lean on the headboard and nods, “Hold on, let me reheat this for you,” as Jeonghan stands up taking the garlic bread on his table side walking back to the kitchen. Seungcheol follows him from behind.

When the messy kitchen come into view, they both heavily sighs in sync. “I forgot we have to clean this up,” Seungcheol said, “It’s my mess, I’ll do it,” Jeonghan step forward to the sink and ready to clean it when Seungcheol stops him, “I’m here babe, I’ll help, you wipe the table I’ll wash the dishes for you, you’ve worked enough today,” he smiles, and push Jeonghan aside. The younger just take a napkin and start wiping the tables, sometimes this kind of activities that makes Jeonghan realize how much he wants to spend the rest of his life with this man.

After wiping the table clean and taking out the trash, he puts the garlic bread back to the microwave and in the meanwhile Jeonghan wraps his arms around Seungcheol’s waist and press a feather light kiss on his boyfriend’s nape, “need help?” Seungcheol just glance and shook his head, “I’m almost done,” he said putting the last bowl on the rack. Jeonghan then let go of the older as he take out the garlic bread from the microwave. They sit there eating the leftover garlic bread in silence. Jeonghan is playing with his phone, probably playing games or checking up some social medias, as Seungcheol sit there looking at him and only look away to see through their balcon the sun is rising. Dusting his hand on his jogger Seungcheol pulls Jeonghan to their balcony to watch the sunrises.

 

They stand there with Jeonghan back hugged by Seungcheol. “This is nice,” Jeonghan said, “We rarely have our time together,” he said in a softer voice becuase he knows how sensitive it is for Seungcheol the topic is lately. The younger knows how much his boyfriend has been trying to divide his time from work and focus on babying him, he appreciates it really, but sometimes he just needs this, silence, and a pair of arms wrap him in an addictive warmth. Not even his bed and covers can gives him this kind of warmth.

 

Seungcheol anxiously poke inside of his pants, they’ve been together for a long time now, a very long time, and pushing all of the negative thoughts inside his head Seungcheol took out a shining silver object out of his pocket.

 

“Jeonghan?” the younger hums in response acknowledging that he is listening, but then all of his breath caught in his throat as Seungcheol show him an elaborate silver ring with an initial diamond engrave on it. “Will you marry me?” He said out of nowhere, Jeonghan turns around and met by a loving brown doe eyes with full of love and adoration that Jeonghan feels like he’s about to cry out of happiness, “I know it’s too sudden, especially it’s only been less than a year your dad gives us an approval but, I- I can only picture myself with you, I will do anything for you,” Jeonghan looks at him with tears streaming down his beautiful face. “er, of course I’ll marry you,” he breathes out as he wraps his arms around Seungcheol’s neck and he cries harder, Seungcheol laughs, “Hey, I need to put this ring on you,” he said teasingly, Jeonghan pulls away and let Seungcheol slips in the ring on his ring finger and my my, its the most beautiful ring he has ever seen, it’s simple and the ‘sc’ diamond engrave on it makes his heart tingles and flutters on how possessive his boyfriend, or should he say fiance is.

 

It’s not the most romantic and fancy proposal that Jeonghan has always wanted, but turns out it only needs a burnt stew, a leftover garlic bread, and a smoking hot boyfriend to be this incredibly happy, Jeonghan thought.  


it's a short epilogue but I tried since some of you asked for a sequel. Thank you for the support!