Secret Santa 1/1

Secret Santa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] All I want for Christmas...is you. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

“It’s just Christmas.”

 

Christmas wasn’t special to Jeonghan. Like any other holiday, it simply called for an excuse to celebrate. He didn’t care for it; neither did his family. That’s why such day would pass every year without a single phone call despite that long of a distance. Perhaps it’s that reason too, he never found joy in the city decorated with bright lights or the evergreen conifer of assorted ornaments.

 

Secret santa. Jeonghan hated that idea more than the holiday, itself. Why should he have to spend time and money on a gift for a total stranger? Well technically, not a total stranger.

 

“Let’s do secret santa this year!” It was of course, none other than Seungkwan who had thought that kind of bizarreness. And naturally, his friends would agree; Jeonghan should’ve seen it from a mile away. Jisoo nods his head right away, and Jihoon does as well, not even a second late.

 

Jeonghan groaned. It was supposed to be a normal day at the university. He woke up early as usual, partaken his recurring breakfast of instant ramen (an unskilled cook couldn’t be choosy) and attended his classes like standard. He had math today; eight in the morning, history at precisely noon, and then creative writing last. Jeonghan’s currently in between, having lunch.

 

“We’re meeting at the cafe later,” Seungkwan continued, a fried shrimp in his mouth as he spoke, “I will take charge and be the one to arrange everything, the assigning and the party on christmas day. My house, cool?” He says, more telling than actually asking, nonetheless, the rest of the group consents. Rather, they were excited, only Jeonghan felt weight on his shoulder.

 

“Oh, behind you, Jihoon—” The latter winks toward Jihoon, “Incoming crush.”

 

To that, Jihoon blushes bright pink, hiding away just as Soonyoung made a sudden appearance, as always, he is loved while he laughs mindlessly amid giving everyone down his path a high five. “What’s up, cute stuff?” Soonyoung plops beside the smaller male, stretching his arm around Jihoon’s nape. The petite turns into a tomato at that point, his obvious crush radiating.

 

“Hansollie, over here!” Seungkwan shouts aloud, waving his hand at a fast rate. Well, if Hansol is around, that also means that someone else is too; a certain figure that’s too tall for his own good and a smile (adorably attractive) revealing of sharp canines when stretched to a huge grin.

 

Bleh, the popular crew.

 

“Hello, gorgeous—” Jeonghan spins to the annoyingly familiar voice, knowing who it is before even properly meeting each other’s eyes. Mingyu, Mingyu was a natural flirt; Jeonghan came to realize that fact after having to endure the repeated usage of pet names, baby, angel, and so forth. “Um, yeah…” He hummed under his breath although Mingyu isn’t fazed and seizes the chance to steal a seat next to the pretty male anyway. “How’s your day?” The taller smiles back.


 

“Do you really care?” Jeonghan retorts. Mingyu treated everyone the same, he knew it, or he thinks he does. Mingyu hugged everyone, literally. And besides, those pet names he used for Jeonghan, he probably used for others; and that was perhaps because he didn’t want to mix anyone up. Well, that was basically rule number one for all playboys out there, Mingyu included.

 

“Yeah I do,” Mingyu replies, that earlier smug he had, disappearing, “It may come as a surprise to you, my love, but I am actually concerned for your well being.” Jeonghan immediately rolls his eyes to such sarcasm though in contrast, they both become a laughing stock within their peers.

 

“You two bicker like an old married couple,” Jisoo says after climbing onto Seungcheol’s lap.

 

“So when are y’all gonna date?” Minghao continues on, walking over with his hand clasped in Jun’s. Annoyed; Jeonghan attempts to trip Minghao on his way to the table but Jun prevents it.

 

“Don’t bully me!” Minghao squeaks in a high pitched tone while he’s confined in his boyfriend’s embrace, nevertheless, they proceed to sit altogether. “But seriously,” Minghao fusses once he’s snuggled up with the remainder of the assemblage, “When will you two date?” He prys again.

 

And Jeonghan scoffs. Did he truly have to answer such foolishness?

 

“When Jeonghan stops pretending he doesn’t have feelings for me.” Mingyu answers in his stead, draping his longer arm around Jeonghan’s frail shoulder and pulling him in close.

 

“What—” Jeonghan screeches, trying to push off the other, “You insane boy, get off me.” Though eventually, he gives in to Mingyu’s skinship, the oversized puppy needed attention either way, and he needed it mostly, all the time and somehow, Jeonghan’s attention is the only attention he craved for. Hence, in the end, other days and today as well, Mingyu follows him around willingly.

 

“Can I walk you to class?”

 

Jeonghan sighs, facepalming to himself, “You’ll follow me there even if I tell you no, won’t you?”

 

Mingyu smiles that (cute) canine smile and nods childishly. Jeonghan does his best to shun down the habitual glares he receives as he makes a way in the hallway but fails when Mingyu intentionally seizes him near, putting on a show as usual.Through crowds of arrogant people acknowledging only Mingyu and not even seeing Jeonghan, the taller purposely bumps their shoulders against one another. “Walk further away.” Although Mingyu ignores Jeonghan’s warning and peskingly scoots adjacent, at an extent their bodies are glued and inseparable.

 

After trudging up stairs, Jeonghan taking heavy steps first and Mingyu behind, supporting him by placing two hands at his waist (or maybe Mingyu just wanted an excuse to touch Jeonghan) they finally reach their destination. Jeonghan awkwardly lingers; three minutes until his time.

 

“Hug?” Mingyu smirks with his arms spread out wide, just outside Jeonghan’s creative writing class. Jeonghan slumps backward when Mingyu leans in. “No—” The shorter exclaims, pushing off Mingyu; small palms grazing across his broad chest, literally, Jeonghan can feel his pecs.

 

“No hug,” Jeonghan frowns, “Why would I hug you? I’m not one of your fling.” A pout; okay, that came out more covetous than intended. He swears he isn’t jealous or anything, honestly, it’s not like Jeonghan’s stomach churns into tight knots every time he detects Mingyu hugging someone other than him. Or when Jeonghan catches Mingyu smiling at a direction other than his own.

 

Mingyu chuckles in return, tilting his head over Jeonghan’s ear, “You know, hyung,” The taller man whispers; Jeonghan’s cheek instantly flushing red. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were jealous.” Oh, but he’s wrong. Jeonghan couldn’t accept that. Him? Jealous? No. Definitely.

 

“Not everyone is in love with you, Kim Mingyu—”

 

Jeonghan is cut off midway; Mingyu takes his chance to wrap up Jeonghan in his jacket; that royal blue letterman with the black printed letter ‘A’ where his heart reverberates. Mingyu’s hug; Jeonghan doesn’t try to squeeze out of his hold, why? Because he has convinced himself that if he does so, it would appear as though he is jealous. So he sinks in Mingyu’s fragrance instead.

 

“See you later, babe.” Mingyu kisses Jeonghan’s hair, those blonde strands emitting a sweet scent of strawberries and vanilla. He loved that smell, not that Jeonghan would ever know.

 

During a class consisting of note taking and careful listening, Jeonghan strays into thoughts of Mingyu, why wouldn’t the brat leave his mind? Maybe it has something to do with them playing games of pleasure and pretend behind their friends’ backs. Like holding hands in secret places, sometimes under the table or behind a tree, or hugging as they always did, but feigning it as a gesture of friendliness however, knowing they undoubtedly clinged onto each other longer than necessary. But worse than that—it’s how their faces draw close, close enough the temptation increases and the distance between them decreases. It’s the way their gazes fall upon each other’s lips and the urge to dive in, maybe crush one another in a heated kiss, a longing kiss.

 

Jeonghan wondered when it all started—this complicated relationship or whatever it’s called that he and Mingyu shared. Perhaps it was the moment of their first encounter, or somewhere along becoming accustomed to each other’s existence. Because on that road, Mingyu learned just about every single detail of Jeonghan; his weekly class schedules, his address (the huge house Jeonghan now resided alone), his family’s work circumstance and the reason they’re separated by oceans, heck, Mingyu even knows Jeonghan’s coffee order, his very complicated order.

 

So maybe they could have gotten along better than anyone else...but they chose to build a wall, create a facade of some sort, that way, the obvious (ual) tension they mutually harbored for one another would not be so easily exposed for if it did, they would end up lovers instead of best friends. And they weren’t even friends at all, that’s how desperately they were trying to deny it.

 

Or maybe it was only Jeonghan trying to deny it.

 

When class is over, late in the evening and the professor excuses everyone for a weeks break, students rush out at the speed of lightning; leaving only Jeonghan to move sluggishly as he gathers his utensils. By the time he is out the door, Mingyu is there, leaning against the wall with his hands stuffed in his pockets. “Hey, angel.” A grin is plastered on his face, his eyes softening as it crinkles like crescent moons. “Meet up at the cafe,” Mingyu unhesitantly walks over, his greater height making Jeonghan feel small. “I’m here to be your reminder so you don’t forget.”

 

Jeonghan slants his head, crossing his arms, “Liar,” He peers back with knitted brows, “You’re just here to bother me.” And Mingyu chuckles, “If wanting to be with you is bothering you then sure, I’m here to bother you.” Jeonghan had no comebacks to such a cringey line, he gives up.

 

They exit campus grounds in a steady manner; Mingyu speaks nonsense while Jeonghan disregards the ridiculousness of, “Guess what I was thinking about just now? You.” Or “I know who I’ll be seeing in my dreams tonight, you.” And additionally, Mingyu keeps grabbing his hand though Jeonghan slips from it each time. “Stop trying to hold my hand.” Jeonghan tells him as they cross a street filled with familiar faces, “There’s kids from school around, what if they see?”

 

“So what if they see.” Mingyu says. And maybe Jeonghan’s pulse races.

 

“Hold my hand, hyung.” He urges with a pout, paying no heed to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter