domestic, fluff

confessions written on your skin

[the prompt]: 

RebBlack7

Chapter 5: Hi! I'd really like to read domestic jundong right now. With very smitten june and as loving as ever donghyuk. With the rest of ikon as their babies. It'll be so interesting to read. And have you seen jinan's baby picture?? He is sOOO ADORBS I CANT. Just imagine donghyuk being a gentle father to baby jinan makes my day. Xx


“I want ice cream!”

“Ice cream is for dessert, Jinanie. We can have some ice cream after dinner.” Donghyuk replied, ruffling his son’s hair playfully.

“Okay!” The little three-year-old grinned back, returning to his drawing as he pressed colorful crayons on the paper recklessly.

“Honey, I’m home!” A voice called out sheepishly.

“Hey.” He didn’t look up from the stove, keeping an eye out on Jinhwan as he sat at the dining table, completely enraptured by coloring.

“Wow, not even going to kiss your husband hello?”

He rolled his eyes. “I think you can live without a kiss hello.” He moved the sauce from the stove, pouring it over three prepared bowls of noodles. “Come on, I made spaghetti for dinner.”

“You used to love me.”

Donghyuk huffed out a laugh. “Fine, fine, come here, dear husband of mine.” He stepped on the tips of his toes to place a quick peck on the other’s lips. “How was work?”

“It was good.” Instinctively, Junhwe wrapped his arms around the other’s waist, gluing himself to the other’s back.

“You know I can’t move when you’re like this?” He raised an eyebrow, standing still in the kitchen.

“Jinhwan does it. You carry him around everywhere.”

With an exasperated groan, he turned to look at his husband. “Are you really jealous of your son?”

“When you don’t pay attention to me, yes.”

“Daddy! Daddy! Look! Look! I drawed us!” Jinhwan chose that moment to turn around, laughing at his parents as he showed off his picture he had spent the last hour working on.

Immediately, Junhwe released him, rushing forward to lift Jinhwan from his chair and raising him into the air with a laugh. “That’s a great picture! I love it! My son’s going to be a great artist when he grows up.”

Donghyuk laughed at how his husband reacted to their son; he might say he was jealous but Jinhwan had Junhwe wrapped around his finger. He felt bad for whomever their son ended up with in the future. They’d have to deal with an overprotective father who was a black belt in Taekwondo.

“This one is daddy!” Jinhwan pointed at the tallest figure in his picture before pointing to a slightly shorter figure, “And that one’s papa!”

“It’s great, baby. We’ll hang it up on the fridge.” He smiled at their son.

“No, we have to hang it up in an art gallery!” Junhwe joked, ticking Jinhwan’s sides to reduce him to a fit of giggles.

He rolled his eyes before grabbing the food off the kitchen counter and placing it on the dining table. “Enough messing around. Let’s eat before it gets cold.”

Junhwe nodded, gently placing Jinhwan back in his chair with a soft kiss on his forehead. “I’m going to go wash my hands really quick and then I’ll be back.”

He hummed, taking his seat as he helped Jinhwan hold his fork.

Just as he was about to dig in, a blindfold came and wrapped around his eyes, turning his vision black. “What are you doing, Junhwe?”

“I have a surprise.”

He chuckled softly, melting at how soft the other male could be. “Oh? Its not our anniversary though.”

“I know I just like doing nice things for you.”

Donghyuk grinned, letting Junhwe take his hand and guide him through their house; he could hear the patter of little feet following him, giggling excitedly.

“Okay, I’m going to remove the blindfold now.”

He nodded, feeling Junhwe’s long fingers undo the piece of fabric; he blinked at the light of their living room before gasping as he realized there was a poorly constructed arch covered in lilies, his favorite flower. “What’s going on?” He eyed flower petals on the hardwood floors and the twinkling fairy lights stringing across the ceiling.

“Well, remember last week?”

He hummed, tilting his head slightly.

“Jinhwan was sad he wasn’t at our wedding.”

Donghyuk laughed at the memory; their son had thrown an adorable tantrum when he discovered their wedding photos, demanding to know why he hadn’t been invited five years ago, not quite understanding the concept of time.

“So, Jinhwan helped daddy plan this whole thing so we could have a second wedding.” He gestured at everything. “He’s also my best man.” Junhwe leaned down to give their son a wink and fist bump. “And he’s going to officiate our second wedding.”

He looked skeptically before smiling brightly. “This is really adorable, I hope you know that.”

“I know. I’m hoping on our second honeymoon, we can make another B-A-B-Y.” He spelled out the last word as to avoid Jinhwan’s prying questions.

Donghyuk blushed, rolling his eyes playfully. “Let’s focus on the wedding, shall we?”

“Right, right. Ready, Jinanie? Like we practiced, okay?”

The three year-old nodded excitedly as he stood between his parents, taking a deep breath. “Dearly love—“

“Beloved.” Junhwe corrects with a playful grin, ruffling the child’s hair fondly.

“Right, daddy. Dearly beloved, we are here today because daddy and papa are getting married.”

He could tell that Jinhwan was going off script but neither of them really minded.

“Daddy, do you love papa?”

“I do.” Junhwe winked.

“And papa, do you love daddy?”

“I do.” He smiled back.

“Then Jinanie says daddy and papa can kiss!”

They both laughed as Jinhwan clapped, throwing flower petals in the air, before leaning for a quick peck.

“I wasn’t kidding about the second honeymoon. Hope you’re ready for tonight.” His husband whispered in his ear, covering Jinhwan’s ears just in case.

Donghyuk blushed, pushing Junhwe away as he mouthed, ‘ert.’ He leaned down to grab Jinhwan. “Come on, Jinanie. Let’s go eat some dessert, we have to celebrate.” He was aware he was spoiling his son but didn’t care. Just for tonight. “Also, how about you sleepover at Uncle Yunhyung’s tonight? Daddy and papa have some things to do.” He winked at Junhwe over his shoulder.

He tumbled into soft laughter when his husband excitedly pumped his fist in the air.


[commentary]:

Happy New Year! hope everyone enjoyed this final prompt. It seemed like a good idea to end the year on something really cute! I didn't include all of ikon because I felt that would've been overwhelming. But i hope you enjoyed it!