fluff

confessions written on your skin

[the prompt]:

jajaiqma 

Chapter 5: HELLO! Please write a semi-angst jundong with a happy ending of course where donghyuk is so insecure/sad with the way june treats jinhwan (he’s jealous) but he keeps his feelings bottled (but it shows in his actions)


            He frowned heavily at the screen of his phone; he contemplated throwing the device at the wall at this point before sighing loudly and tossing it aside on the bed.

            “Donggu-yah!” Bobby stuck his head through the door, grinning widely at him. “We’re gonna watch the latest Avengers movie today, want to join us?”

            Plastering on a grin, Donghyuk ran a hand through his hair before nodding. “Sure hyung! Do you want me to make some popcorn?”

            “Nah, Yunhyung’s already made some.”

            He nods, shuffling out of his room and into the living room; the group was already in chaos as they prepared for movie night. Chanwoo was throwing popcorn kernels at Hanbin and Yunhyung was gently scolding him without any real heat. Bobby grabbed a few bottles of soda for the group, claiming a large portion of the couch for himself. Donghyuk glanced around to look for the remaining two members, seeing them walk out of Jinhwan’s room with a secret smile and a shared giggle.

            He furrowed his eyebrows before turning away quickly when Hanbin clapped a hand on his back.

            “Come on, Dong, let’s go get a spot before the monster twins take over the entire living room or something.”

            Donghyuk nodded, laughing when aforementioned ‘monster twins’ whined in protest; he claimed the corner of the couch, letting Chanwoo rest his legs in his lap while Bobby threw a blanket over his shoulders. He watched closely as Junhwe and Jinhwan took the other couch for themselves, pressed close together as Yunhyung turned down the lights, the bright screen of the TV casting a glow over the living room.

            The image of Jinhwan and Junhwe burned in his mind, pulling up accompanying images online of them at concerts and backstage, their chemistry sparking fans to create a thread titled ‘JUNHWAN 2017.’ It left an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach, gnawing at his insides before he turned away, trying to focus on the movie.

            However, no matter how many times Iron Man made a hilarious quip or Thor showed off his impressive physique, the image of Jinhwan and Junhwe lingered in the back of his mind.

            “Donggu-yah, are you okay?”

            He turned his head slightly to see Bobby whispering softly, looking down at him concerned. He flashed him a soft, reassuring smile, “Yeah. Just a bit tired.”

            “If you’re tired, you can go to bed.”

            Chanwoo interrupted with a warm grin, eyes still glued to the TV as Captain America ripped apart a log of wood.

            “Yeah, I think I might go to bed early. Practice took a lot out of me.” He announced with a fake yawn, gently nudging the maknae’s legs off his lap before standing up from the couch.

            Everyone wishes him a half-hearted good night, too invested in the film to pay him any attention. It’s better that way; they won’t notice the grimace on his face when he noticed Jinhwan and Junhwe whispering again.

            He gives everyone one last wave before scuffling into his bedroom; Donghyuk throws himself on the bed, grabbing a pillow to pull into his chest. He heaved out a heavy sigh before blindly reaching out for his phone.

            Logically, he knows he shouldn’t; its just torture at this point but maybe he’s a masochist. He scrolls through long threads on Twitter of him and Bobby before they (naturally) evolve into the dark corner of the Internet filled with photos of Jinhwan and Junhwe. He wanted to erase the images from his mind but he kept being drawn in by the comments and likes the fans left on each picture. What was it? What made them better? Why didn’t Junhwe smile at him like that?

            He shook his head before his mind could wander any further. It was stupid to think like that; it’s not like they were in a relationship. Him and Junhwe were merely friends. Same aged friends. Nothing more.

            He repeated it like a mantra in his head, hiding his head under the pillow with a silent groan.

            “Donghyuk?”

            Pulling his head out of the pillow, he looked up to see Junhwe standing in the doorway, hands behind his back.

            “Yeah?”

            “Uh, everyone’s going out for ice cream.”

            “Oh. No thanks. I think I’ve had too many sweets today.”

            Junhwe nodded, looking awkwardly around the room, still standing in the doorway.

            “Is there anything else you needed?”

            The other male looked at him like he had been shocked. “I, uh, just…” He awkwardly hopped around before shaking his head. “Nevermind.” Junhwe made a move to turn around and leave only to run into Jinhwan.

            Donghyuk sighed, turning away with a grimace to avoid looking at them. He could hear them whisper again, doing his best to ignore the hushed mumbling.

            “Donghyuk?”

            “Yeah?” He looked back with a sigh, flinching when he realized how close Junhwe had gotten; he must’ve been silent when he had treaded over. “W-what?”

            “Uh, if I don’t do this, Jinhwan hyung will kill me—“

            Of course. Jinhwan hyung. It’s always Jinhwan hyung. Junhwe doesn’t even want to talk to him unless Jinhwan hyung forces him to—

            He reels out of his thoughts when he feels chapped lips on his; Donghyuk’s eyes widen to see Junhwe pressed against him. The other male has his eyes closed and his cheeks are red but there’s a soft smile before he pulls away. He didn’t even realize that the kiss was over until Junhwe is staring at him.

            “I-I’ve been wanting to do that for a while and Jinhwan hyung finally talked me into confessing and now that I see your face I realize he was wrong, you don’t like me and I’ve ruined everything and I’m going to leave now.”

            It takes a half-second for him to register everything that Junhwe said before he reaches out to grab his hand. “Sorry, I wasn’t really listening when you confessed. I was distracted.”

            “Oh. Well, you can pretend nothing happened because you obviously don’t like me.”

            “But I do like you.”

            “What?”

            “I was…” Donghyuk bit his bottom lip, a bit embarrassed to admit his jealousy. “I was jealous that you were really close to Jinhwan hyung. I saw all these pictures and then… Then you said Jinhwan hyung’s name so I got jealous and I didn’t listen to what you were saying—“

            He’s cut off when Junhwe kisses him again. “You’re cute but you probably already know that.”

            Donghyuk grins shyly. “I do know that. Thanks.”

            Jinhwan is never wrong.

 

[commentary]: absolutely adored writing this prompt. I'm not sure if I made donghyuk insecure/sad enough. I made him more jealous than anything else. 

it honestly breaks my heart thinking that donghyuk might be insecure compared to the others. I always fall for the less popular members (cough big bang's seungri) and it breaks my heart when people are like "they're so untalented" or "why are they in the group?" it's like EXCUSE ME THEY ARE LITERAL ANGELS YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING. okay rant over. 

hopefully will get the last prompt done before the new year! if not, happy new year! hope all your 2018 resolutions/wishes come true! here's to a new year, guys!