Vanilla Latte Special

Vanilla Latte Special

Plot: Soonyoung and Jihoon are best friend who harbour a feeling towards each other but choose to keep it for the sake of their friendship. A sip of vanilla latte completely changes their relationship when they got their body swapped. 

 

 

Ding Dong. Jihoon pressed Soonyoung’s doorbell. He’s dressing nicely with his favourite red black checked shirt with dark green jacket. He waited for a few seconds until the door was unlocked. Thus, Soonyoung appeared with his bed hair and somewhat-just-awake face.

 

“Oh, Jihoonie. Good morning… You are so earlier… I just woke up…” Soonyoung mumbled and followed by a long yawn afterwards.

 

“I can see that.” Jihoon replied, slightly annoyed and simply barged into the house. Soonyoung and Jihoon had known each other for a long time and very comfortable around each other. So, this is not rude for Soonyoung since he also does the same thing.

 

Soonyoung can feel the aura emitted by Jihoon as he walked past him. When he shifted his gaze to the clock, he knows what emits the threatening aura. He promised Jihoon to accompany him to the bookstore at 10 but now already 10.10 a.m. “Just give me 10 minutes and we are good to go!”

 

“I will start counting now.” Jihoon replied coldly. Therefore, Soonyoung sprint to his room.

 

While waiting for Soonyoung, Jihoon goes to the kitchen and makes a breakfast for both of them. They are going to the neighbourhood town which is around 1 hour to get there by train from here so he cannot afford to starve until they reach there.

 

Beep. Beep. Suddenly, Soonyoung’s phone on the kitchen counter vibrated. Jihoon usually doesn’t meddle in someone else’s business but Soonyoung is an exceptional case. He swipes Soonyoung’s password and opens the incoming message.

 

From: Wonwoo

 

That’s unfortunate then.

 

Jihoon furrowed his eyebrow in puzzlement when he read it. This brought Jihoon to read their previous conversation.

 

From: Wonwoo

 

Hey, your fav movie is out. Shall we watch it tomorrow?

 

From: Me

 

Sorry, I can’t!! I promised Jihoon to accompany him to the bookstore already…

 

“Sorry for making you wait— Wow! You even make a breakfast! How sweet of you, Jihoonie~~” Soonyoung finally freshly dressed in a proper outing shirt. He’s wearing a white shirt with black jacket and pants. Jihoon paused for awhile to examine Soonyoung from head to toe. 

 

“What’s wrong with my outfit?” Soonyoung asked innocently.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to go to the cinema with Wonwoo?” Jihoon asked straightway.

 

Soonyoung realized that Jihoon’s holding his phone. “Ah! You read my message!?”

 

“You left it there so I just read.”

 

“What do you mean by ‘I just read’? I put a password! How did you even know my password in the first place?? You are scary! I can’t hide anything from you, am I?”

 

“Well.” Jihoon just shrugged his shoulders. “But seriously, if you want to watch a movie with Wonwoo, go ahead. I can go alone to the bookstore.”

 

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. You are so naïve, Jihoonie. I thought you have known me for a long time now. I’m a guy who always—”

 

“Keeps his promises. Yeah right, said the guy who just broke his promise to go out at 10.” Jihoon scoffed and made Soonyoung flustered.

 

“T-That one is different!”

 

“I can’t see any difference.”

 

“AHH!!! You are a demon, Jihoonie!! How did I even befriend with you in the first place though?”

 

Jihoon just smiled in amusement watching Soonyoung’s reaction. It’s always like this. He loves it. He loves their relationship as it is even though deep down inside Jihoon wants something more from Soonyoung.

 

 

The duo had arrived at the neighbourhood town. It’s a hectic town with a lot of shops here and there. This is Soonyoung’s first time coming here.

 

“Wow! This place is so hectic! You will be lost if you don’t stick around with me, Jihoonie.” Soonyoung grabbed Jihoon’s hand tightly, being protective towards him.

 

“You are the one who will get your wallet taken if you keep making that excited face.” Jihoon corrected him but won’t bother to brush off Soonyoung’s hand that holds him dearly.

 

“Oh come on! Don’t kill my mood here, Jihoonie~”

 

“Okay, fine. Let’s go to the bookstore now.” Jihoon leads the way with Soonyoung following him.

 

As soon as they arrived at the gigantic bookstore, Soonyoung quickly took out his phone to snap a picture of the bookstore. It’s a habit of Soonyoung if he discovers something new that attracts his attention. Jihoon knows it well. He just shook his head with his friend’s antics.

 

“Jihoon, say cheese~!” Soonyoung suddenly came closer and took a photo with him. Surely, it caught Jihoon off-guard.

 

“What the hell, Soonyoung?”

 

“Your face is so candid but it’s not fair! You still look cute!” Soonyoung whined. Jihoon on the other hand grinned in amusement.

 

“What are you grinning at?”

 

“Cute.” Jihoon muttered and left Soonyoung in puzzlement as he walked past him. “I’m going to leave you behind if you keep dilly-dally there~”

 

“H-Hey, wait!” Soonyoung quickly chased after Jihoon who’s already inside the bookstore.

 

 

The double-storey bookstore is really huge that one might lose their way.

 

“Wow… I didn’t know there’s such huge bookstore exist…” Soonyoung still amazed with the bookstore. “Suddenly I feel like wanting to read a book.”

 

“That’s the greatest lie I’ve ever heard from you.”

 

“Hey, I’m being serious here!”

 

“Jihoon?” Suddenly, a voice halted them.

 

Frozen, Jihoon didn’t blink until he finally digested the owner’s voice.

 

“Seungcheol!”

 

“Oh my God! It’s really you Jihoon!? Look at you! Cute as ever!” The new-arrived Seungcheol exclaimed excitedly.

 

“Hey, don’t call me cute! Who’s calling an adult cute? Moreover a guy!” Jihoon whined.

 

The two totally immersed in their conversation and left Soonyoung speechless. This is his first time seeing Jihoon so open towards people. He hates to admit it but it’s frustrating when the person is not him, himself. So, Soonyoung chose to walk off but a voice stopped him.

 

“Soonyoung. Where are you going?”

 

“I…”

 

“Oh, this is Seungcheol by the way. He’s my childhood friend. Seungcheol, this is my friend, Soonyoung.”

 

“I haven’t met Jihoon for a long time, like 7 years or something? I’m glad he has a friend other than me. Haha! So, Soonyoung isn’t it? I’m Choi Seungcheol. Nice to meet you.” Seungcheol extended his hand for a handshake and smiles genuinely.

 

“Kwon Soonyoung. Nice to meet you.” Soonyoung replied the handshake with an awkward smile.

 

“Why you look so stiff? Relax, Seungcheol won’t bite.” Jihoon scoffed.

 

“Hey, that attitude of yours needs to change! You will make Soonyoung has a hard time.”

 

“We are always like this though.”

 

“Hey, I’m going to the restroom for awhile. See you guys later.” Soonyoung excused himself without waiting for their replies.

 

“Wait, Soonyoung!”

 

“You have my number. Just call me later if you lost~”

 

Jihoon sighed when Soonyoung already disappeared from his sight before he can even reply him. “Stupid Soonyoung. What is he thinking? He’s the one who might lose.” Jihoon mumbled.

 

“Is he okay?”

 

“He’s okay. He’s always like that. He will call me if anything happen. Anyway, you come alone, Cheol?”

 

“Okay if you say so… Yeah, I come alone.”

 

“Oh, you can tag along with us then. I’m sure Soonyoung would not mind.”

 

“If you say so~” Seungcheol just shrugged his shoulders in agreement.

 

They started touring the bookstore together while waiting for Soonyoung to come back.

 

Meanwhile, Soonyoung is not heading to the restroom but loitering along the kids’ section instead. He’s been there for half an hour now.

 

“Jihoonie looks so happy with Seungcheol… He’s not awkward at all even though they haven’t met for 7 years… I guess childhood friend comes first than me. You should not put too much hope, Soonyoung…” Soonyoung mumbled.

 

Beep. Beep. Soonyoung’s phone suddenly vibrated. He took out the phone from his pocket and swiped it to answer the incoming call without bother to look at who the caller is.

 

“Hello…”

 

“What’s with your tone? Let me guess, you have a fight with Jihoon?”

 

“No… we are good…”

 

“Want to share?”

 

“Nahh… I’m okay. I’m just overthinking. So, what’s up?”

 

“Hmm, nothing~ I’m just bored staying at home.”

 

“Oh~? A Jeon Wonwoo is bored staying at home? That’s quite news~”

 

“Soonyoung!”

 

“I can hear Jihoon’s voice now. I guess I should hang up the phone now—”

 

“No! Don’t! Wait for awhile.”

 

“There you are. Where have you been? Did you find your way to the restroom though? You are taking forever!” Jihoon kept talking like a bullet train.

 

“Yeah, I did. I’m sorry but I’m speaking to my cousin right now so—”

 

“Wonwoo?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Is it Wonwoo?”

 

“Uh, yeah. I’m speaking to Wonwoo right now.”

 

Jihoon’s heart cracked slightly upon hearing Wonwoo’s name from Soonyoung’s mouth. He doesn’t know why but every time Soonyoung’s mentioning Wonwoo’s name, he has this one insecure feeling deep inside him. Even though he knows they are cousins but the insecurity still arouses.

 

“Right. I just want to tell you that I’ve done purchasing book and Seungcheol will tag along with us to the nearby coffee shop.”

 

“Oh, okay?”

 

Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows furiously. The nonchalant replies from Soonyoung really stir him up.  “Fine. Enjoy your conversation with your DEAREST COUSIN then. We’ll wait outside. Let’s go, Cheol.” He purposely stressed the words ‘dearest cousin’, hoping Wonwoo will hear him out.

 

Seungcheol blinked with confusion. “Okay?”

 

Soonyoung watched them until they disappeared from his sight.

 

“I see. Unexpected meeting.” Wonwoo overheard their conversation.

 

“What should I do now, Wonwoo…? I don’t know how to face them. It’s awkward with his childhood friend around though…”

 

“You are going to coffee shop after this, right? Go to this TRAUMA COFFEE SHOP nearby the bookstore and you will find a tall friend of mine name Kim Mingyu who works there. When he asks your order, just say ‘Vanilla Latte Special’.”

 

“What the heck Wonwoo? Have you been there before? You are making me curious now.”

 

“I’m just helping you to erase your awkwardness. Don’t worry. I’ve tried that drink before. It’s not harmful.”

 

Soonyoung sighed. “Fine. I’m going now. They are waiting for me. I’ll update you soon.”

 

“Right. Enjoy your Vanilla Latte Special, Soonyoung~”

 

 

“Welcome~”

 

As soon as the trio opened the door, a relatively tall and handsome waiter greets them friendly. The name written on the name tag is ‘Kim Mingyu’.

 

“Oh. He must be Wonwoo’s friend.” Soonyoung thought inwardly.

 

“Man, you are so tall. My neck hurts to look up.” Jihoon commented. Seungcheol who follows behind Jihoon chuckled seeing the waiter’s dumbfounded reaction towards Jihoon’s straight forward comments.

 

However, the waiter, Kim Mingyu keeps on smiling while escorting the trio to their table.

 

“Um, I want Vanilla Latte Special.” While the other two are busy scanning the menu, Soonyoung placed his order exactly as being told by Wonwoo.

 

The waiter paused for a moment and looks up to Soonyoung now. “I’m sorry, sir but can you please repeat your order?”

 

The waiter seems lost when Soonyoung’s placing his order. Now, he started to doubt his dearest cousin’s suggestion. “Err… Vanilla Latte Special…?” he repeated, hesitantly.

 

“Soonyoung, there’s no such menu here! Just order what’s inside.” Jihoon exclaimed.

 

“We do serve Vanilla Latte Special here but it’s not included in the menu yet since it’s a new one.” The waiter retorted professionally. “Furthermore, it serves for two, sir.” 

 

“Oh? I didn’t know that. Err… I really want to taste it so can you make it for one or something…”

 

“Never mind. Just order it. I will share with him. It must be special as the name given.”

 

“One Vanilla Latte Special then.”

 

“I will have espresso.” Seungcheol finally placed his order.

 

“One espresso. Is that all?”

 

“Yeah, for now.”

 

“Your drinks will be served shortly. Thank you.” The waiter said with a smile. Before leaving, he took a last glance of Soonyoung. Soonyoung just smiled and made the waiter nodded his head slightly with a smile. Jihoon who witnessed this felt somewhat irritated.

 

“Is he your friend or something? You do know the menu which is not included in the menu itself. But as far as I concerned you’ve never been here?” He voiced out straightway.

 

“Oh, that guy is Wonwoo’s friend. Wonwoo’s the one who suggested this place and the drink. I didn’t know that it’s not included in the menu yet.”

 

“Wonwoo must be one of the regulars here then.”

 

“He’s addicted to coffee shops though.” Soonyoung chuckled.

 

“So, this Wonwoo guy is your cousin? Is he lives nearby?” Seungcheol simply blend in with their conversation regarding Wonwoo.

 

“Uh, no but he often visits his adopted family here.”

 

“Oh, I see. Why don’t you invite him over? The more the merrier, isn’t it?” Seungcheol, being an innocent fella suggested the idea.

 

“Well… unfortunately, he’s not here.” Soonyoung replied with half-hearted smile.

 

“Oh, that’s unfortunate.”

 

“Sorry for the long wait! Vanilla latte special and espresso is here~” The waiter appeared with two drinks on his tray. He serves espresso to Seungcheol first and finally the vanilla latte special to Soonyoung and Jihoon. But there’s only a cup of vanilla latte special

 

“I don’t think it’s enough for two, mister.” Jihoon commented on the regular cup of vanilla latte special.

 

“Yeah…” Soonyoung nodded in agreement. The cup is neither small nor large but it’s not sufficient for two.

 

The waiter just smiled. “You have to try it first and decide whether it’s sufficient for two or not, sir.” He replied gently.

 

“Fine then. I will have a sip first.” Jihoon surrenders and has a sip of the so-called vanilla latte special. Soonyoung examined his reactions towards it. He, himself is doubtful too. But Jihoon acts indifferent. Guess it’s okay?

 

“Mingyu isn’t it?” While Soonyoung occupied to see Jihoon’s reaction, Seungcheol diverted his attention to the tall waiter.

 

“Yes?” The waiter who coincidently passed by replied as Seungcheol called his name.

 

“Have you tried it before?”

 

“Tried? Err… What is it, sir?” He tilted his head innocently.

 

“I mean Vanilla latte special that they drink. Have you tried it before?”

 

“Oh, yeah. I’m the one who created it.” Mingyu claimed proudly.

 

“Oh! That’s unfortunate for me then because I can’t drink vanilla latte.” Seungcheol frowned.

 

“This is delicious! I get it now why Wonwoo suggested it.” Soonyoung who have tried the vanilla latte special exclaimed.

 

“But I still don’t get it why it serves for two. If you are the one who created it, so do you mind some explanations here?”

 

“That one…” Mingyu fluttered. He scratched the back of his head, hoping to get an idea on how to explain to them. “Well…”

 

Beep. Beep. Soonyoung’s ringtone cut them off.

 

“Excuse me for awhile. I have to answer a phone call.” Soonyoung ran off the coffee shop before they could even reply him.

 

“Mingyu!” A voice from the kitchen saved the waiter from Seungcheol and Jihoon.

 

“Yes, coming!” Mingyu turned to the duo and smiled apologetically. “I’m sorry, I have work to do… I’ll be back.”

 

Jihoon snorted. “Lucky him.”

 

Meanwhile, Soonyoung’s having a conversation with his mom who’s asking him to buy something in the nearby store.

 

“Yes, mom. I’ll buy it now so that I won’t forget. Okay. See you.” He hung up the phone and let out a sigh. “This is why I don’t want to tell mom where am I. Now I have to buy some stuff… I should tell Jihoonie first.”

 

Beep. Beep.

 

From: Soonyoung

 

Will be right back. I’m buying some stuff for my mom. Take your time with your childhood friend~ <3 kekekeke

 

Jihoon chuckled when he read it. Quickly, he types for replies.

 

Beep. Beep.

 

From: Jihoonie

 

Idiot. Just go and buy your stuff and don’t get lost.

 

“Who?” Seungcheol, who realized Jihoon’s weird reaction when he received a message asked.  

 

“Soonyoung. He has an errand to do. He will be back shortly.”

 

“I see.”

 

“I’m going to toilet for awhile.”

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

10 minutes later, Jihoon finally returned from the toilet.

 

“Wow. Is it that Vanilla latte special?” Seungcheol scoffed.

 

“Eh? What do you mean?” He’s dumbfounded.

 

Seungcheol furrowed his eyebrows, “Jihoon didn’t understand it? Seriously?”

 

“Jihoon? Where’s Jihoon?” He looked around to find Jihoon.

 

“Jihoon-ah, stop. You are scaring me. Are you okay?”

 

“Who are you talking to? I’m not—” Soonyoung gasped in surprised when he realized himself through the display mirror. “W-What happened to me!?” he accidentally raised his voice and gained attention from each person in the coffee shop.

 

“Jihoon-ah, are you really okay??” Soonyoung finally snapped back to reality when he realized all eyes on him. He shyly sat down. His face already flushed in bright red. “I-I’m okay… I just need to go to the toilet!” He sprinted to the toilet without second thought, leaving the dumbfounded Seungcheol behind.

 

Meanwhile, Jihoon is inside a woman’s section and people are staring hard at him. Some of the ladies giggle and murmur.

 

“Is he buying for his girlfriend?”

 

“So sweet~”

 

“Or his sister wants to prank him?”

 

“That’s embarrassing!”

 

“Okay… why am I here? As far as I concerned, I’m in the toilet just now…” Not realizing his current state, Jihoon acts indifferent except for the ladies who threw him somewhat weird gaze. Thanks to the outstanding red hair he currently has right now.

 

Beep. Beep. His phone on the pocket suddenly vibrates.

 

“Hm? This is Soonyoung’s.”

 

From: Jihoonie

 

Jihoon! SOS!! I’m inside your body now!!!

 

Jihoon’s eyes widened when he read this. He hurriedly makes his way to the nearby fitting room and checks his current state.

 

“!! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING!?” Jihoon quickly calls Soonyoung and only gets him to answer after the first beep.

 

“Jihoonie!!”

 

“! That’s my voice! What the hell is happening to us!? I’m trapped in your body too!”

 

“I don’t know. I was on my way to buy my mother’s stuff but ended up in the coffee shop back! When I see my reflection on the mirror, all I can see is you! It’s like we have been swapped!”

 

“Okay, calm down. First of all, don’t do anything stupid. Don’t let anyone knows we have swapped place. I will head back to the coffee shop. I think that vanilla latte special your BELOVED cousin suggested is the cause.”

 

“Yeah… I think so too.”

 

“Anyway, just act like me for the time being. I will be back shortly. Stay there. Don’t go anywhere.”

 

“Hey, while you are at it, please buy my mother’s stuff?”

 

Jihoon looked around when he exited the fitting room. The ladies still murmuring and giggling at him. “Jeon Wonwoo has to pay for this.” He cursed inwardly with his tomato face.

 

 

“Jihoon, are you okay?” Seungcheol asked with concern.

 

“Yes. Just slightly hurt.”

 

“Hurt? Where? Do you need to go to the clinic?” Seungcheol flustered.

 

“No, no, no! I’m totally fine!” Soonyoung exclaimed.

 

“Okay…?” Seungcheol finally can have a sip of his espresso calmly. “Don’t scare me…” 

 

Soonyoung smiled half-heartedly. “Soonyoung is sure taking forever, isn’t he?” he changed the topic.

 

“Speaking of Soonyoung…” Seungcheol put down his cup on the table back. “I want to ask you something if you don’t mind.”

 

“S-Sure. What is it?” Soonyoung remain composed outward but he actually flustered inward on how Seungcheol’s going to ask Jihoon.

 

“What do you think of Soonyoung?”

 

“Eh? Why are you asking me that…?”

 

“No. I’m just curious on how you guys can befriend. You said Soonyoung is an energetic friend of yours. As far as I could remember, you are not fond with energetic people so I guess this Soonyoung guy is very special to you?”

 

“I…” Soonyoung lost for a word. He did not expect Seungcheol would ask him that. “Jihoonie…? What does Jihoonie think of me…? I don’t know… I really don’t know what Jihoon thought about me…” He thought inwardly.

 

“I’m sorry if it offended you. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want!” Seungcheol quickly apologized when he saw his reaction. He felt somewhat guilty now.

 

“I… Soonyoung is nothing special.” Soonyoung uttered.

 

“Is that so…?”

 

“Yeah. We are talking about Soonyoung after all. He’s just a hyper guy who’s hanging around me. There’s nothing between us. We are just friends.”

 

“Oh~ I thought you have a thing for Soonyoung because the way you stare at him every time he mentioned about his cousin Wonwoo is very disturbing…”

 

“Could it be you…”

 

Stop it.

 

“Seungcheol, you…”

 

Stop it.

 

“…jealous?”

 

Stop it. Jihoon would never ask anyone like that!

 

“Could it be that you are jealous, Seungcheol? How is it concern you if I have a thing for Soonyoung…?”

 

Suddenly, thunder groans and rain starts pouring but it didn’t stop the tension between Soonyoung-Jihoon and Seungcheol.

 

Seungcheol curved his lips into a smile. “That’s right. You are right. I’m jealous. The usual straight-face Jihoon I have known can change into somewhat friendlier friend thanks to someone which is not me and that makes me frustrated. I always thought I’ve known you better than anyone else in this world but Soonyoung proves me wrong.”

 

However, Soonyoung is disturbed with the thunder and heavy rain more. He didn’t pay much attention to Seungcheol. He’s flustered now because a certain person he knows can’t handle thunder sound very well and it worries Soonyoung to the core. So, he decided to run off the coffee shop.

 

“I will be back soon! Mingyu, I’ll borrow this umbrella!” Soonyoung grabbed the nearby umbrella and made his way to find Jihoon.

 

“Where are you going? Hey!”

 

“I’ll be back! I’m sorry, Seungcheol!”

 

 

“Please pick up the phone, Jihoonie…!” Soonyoung repeatedly calls Jihoon but sadly, it always ended up as a voice mail. Soonyoung, being as rational as possible heading to the nearby department he went to just now. He’s heading straight to the women’s section as soon as he arrived. Unfortunately, the department is big so Soonyoung has to ask people as he has no other option.

 

“Excuse me, miss! Did you see a guy with bright red hair around here?” He asked one of the ladies that Jihoon encountered just now.

 

“Oh! You mean the guy who’s pranked by his sister just now?”

 

“Sister?” Soonyoung furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“Haish! Don’t say like that if you don’t know the truth!” The other lady hushed her.

 

“Err… His mom asked him to perhaps?” Soonyoung retorted.

 

“See! I’ve told you don’t make an assumption!”

 

“So, you did see him around here? He’s my friend by the way.”

 

“Oh! Yes, yes! We did! We were surprised a guy casually bought women’s stuff. But he’s already left a few minutes ago before it started to rain.”

 

“I see. Thanks a lot!” Soonyoung thanked genuinely and quickly exited the department store.      

 

“Omo! He’s so cute!” They squealed.

 

Soonyoung didn’t give up and tries repeatedly to call Jihoon and on his 17th attempts, he finally reached Jihoon.

 

“Jihoonie!? Hello!?”

 

But Jihoon didn’t speak a word. Soonyoung can only hear the rain sound and a faint sound of music.

 

“Jihoonie…?”

 

The thunder groans once again and automatically cut off the conversation.

 

“Damn! Jihoonie must be really afraid! I need to find him quickly but where should I search for him? Think Soonyoung, think!!” Soonyoung started to fluster when he thought about Jihoon’s condition. He’s trying to connect all possible dots to figure out Jihoon’s whereabouts. “Wait.” And finally he remembered what he heard just now. A music sound. On his way to the department store just now, he walked past a music store so he thought Jihoon should be nearby that store. He quickly turned his heels to the music store without second thought.

 

 

Jihoon is curling himself on the alley, alone. His clothes already drenched. He just buried his face on his knees.

 

“Soonyoung……” he muttered Soonyoung’s name.

 

“You call me?” Finally, he can feel something is shielding him from the rain. Surely, he recognized the voice. It’s his voice after all. Before the thunder groans once again, Soonyoung quickly pulled Jihoon into his embrace. “Don’t worry. I’m here now.” He his back gently and comforted him.

 

“…You are late…idiot…” Jihoon muttered while on his embrace. Jihoon’s eyes already red as he’s already close to tears.

 

Soonyoung can’t hide his smile watching almighty Jihoon is so submissive.

 

“What are you grinning at?” Jihoon pouted.

 

Soonyoung smiled and stared straight into Jihoon’s eyes. “No. I’m just wondering why you are so cute, Jihoonie.”

 

Jihoon flushed in bright red when Soonyoung said genuinely with smile. He smacked Soonyoung (which is his own body) to hide his embarrassment.

 

“You are annoying, idiot Soonyoung!” he hissed and walked away. Suddenly, thunder’s sound halted his steps. Another flash of lightning made him turned his heels to Soonyoung and hugged him dearly.

 

Soonyoung smiled in amusement and returned the hug. Neither of them opened their mouth to say anything. They just stay in that position and treasure each other presence there.

 

“Jihoonie?” Soonyoung finally broke the silence after a few minutes.

 

“What…?” Jihoon muttered, still in Soonyoung’s embrace because he can still hear the thunder’s groaning.

 

“Just now, Seungcheol asked you something.”

 

“What did he ask?”

 

“‘What do you think of Soonyoung’, he asked. But don’t worry! I tried to answer just like you.”

 

“Where did it come from out of blue?”

 

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s due to our opposite personalities? Well, he did say the way you stare at me when I mentioned Wonwoo’s name disturbed him. So, he thought you have a thing for me…”

 

There was a long pause until Jihoon replies him. “Hmm, is it that obvious?”

 

“Huh?” Soonyoung blinked his eyes with confusion.

 

“So?”

 

“So?”

 

“So, what did you reply him? As me?”

 

“Well… I said Soonyoung is nothing special to you. We are just friends. Nothing more… I’m not you! I don’t know what you actually feel about me though… If it were you, what would you reply him…?”

 

The rain suddenly stopped pouring as well thunder. Jihoon finally loosen the embrace and so does Soonyoung.

 

“That’s right. I’d probably answered the same…”

 

“Right… I thought so.” Soonyoung put on a fake smile. “Now, let’s go back to the coffee shop, shall we? We still haven’t paid.” He grabbed his hand but Jihoon somehow won’t budge from there.  

 

“Soonyoungie.”

 

“Jihoon…?”

 

“What if Seungcheol is right about it?” Jihoon stared straight into Soonyoung’s eyes but Soonyoung on the other hand is dumbfounded.

 

“What if I… really adore you…?” Jihoon said sheepishly. He looked anywhere other than Soonyoung while scratching the back of his head. After no replies coming from Soonyoung after a few minutes, Jihoon decides to brush the topic off and move on.

 

“Forget about what I’ve just said. Let’s go.” Jihoon walked away.

 

“I always love Jihoon from the moment I met him until now and forever.” Three steps forward and finally Soonyoung’s voice echoed in the alley.

 

“But I don’t want to destroy our friendship due to my selfishness. Therefore, I buried this feeling inside.” Soonyoung slowly approached Jihoon and stands in front of him.

 

“Today, surely, I will tell you that I love you, Lee Jihoon.” Soonyoung cupped Jihoon’s cheek and made the younger flushed in bright red. Jihoon did not expect that from Soonyoung.

 

Meanwhile, Soonyoung smiled by the reaction given. “Cute.”

 

Jihoon frowned. “That’s unfair.” He muttered.

 

“Unfair?”

 

“I should be the one to say it first, idiot.” He cursed under his breath.

 

Soonyoung chuckled. “Now that I realized, we already returned to normal.”

 

“That’s right. I’m thinking of beating your cousin into pulp before but I guess thanks to him we are able to express our true feelings towards each other.”

 

“But how did he know about that Vanilla Latte Special?”

 

“Should we ask him?”

 

BONUS

 

“Man, I’m defeated~ Mingyu, come and entertain me!” Seungcheol whined.

 

“Eh… But I have works to do now.”

 

“I am one of your works! Stop giving me an excuse! If you can make Vanilla Latte Special for them, make Espresso Special for me too!”

 

“Eh… I can’t.”

 

“I’m sorry but he’s with me, sir and this guy is ready to entertain you.”

 

Seungcheol jolted his eyes in surprised when he sees a familiar figure which is his boyfriend. “J-J-J-Jeonghan!!??? W-W-What are you doing here!? I thought you are in Paris!!?”

 

“I’m here to watch my boyfriend flirting with his childhood friend and failed miserably.”

 

“AH~ that’s not it! I’ve told you that Jihoon is like my dongsaeng, right? Plus, he’s already has Soonyoung! Anyway, who is this guy!?”

 

“Hi, I’m Soonyoung’s cousin, Jeon Wonwoo.”

 

“Jeon Wonwoo?!?”

 

“Wonwoo!” Suddenly, Soonyoung and Jihoon make an appearance.

 

“Oh, how’s your day? Are you guys having fun?”

 

“What do you mean by fun!? Mingyu, explain to me what did you put in that Vanilla Latte Special?”

 

“Err… actually…”

 

“It won’t be special anymore if he exposed the ingredients. The most important is you guys already sort out everything, right?” Wonwoo signalled at their intertwined fingers with a smirk. Both Soonyoung and Jihoon turned red and quickly shoved their hands away.

 

“W-Well, I guess you win this time.” Soonyoung’s frowning.

 

“I bet you have experienced it before right, Wonwoo?” Jihoon turned the table.

 

“Yes, I did. With him.” Wonwoo pointed his finger towards the innocent Mingyu. “Right?”

 

“Err… yes?”

 

Jihoon and Soonyoung jolted their eyes in surprised. “Wow.”

 

“Excuse me, but what are you guys talking about actually?” Seungcheol finally retorted with innocent face.

 

-END-