.1.

Rich Desserts

Tonight was the night. 

Seokjin had called the restaurant -Chapter 2, as it was called - ahead of time and given them the recipes to Hobi's favorite dishes. 

He needed everything to be perfect tonight. 

Seokjin smiled at himself as he pulled the small blue box out of his pocket.  

Tonight, he would take that next step and make Hoseok his for life. His grin widened as he heard the front door open. He hurriedly stuffed the box into his pocket and headed out to greet Hoseok.

In a little under an hour, he'd be hearing the man's surprised laugh and, hopefully, the word 'Yes'. 

Little did Seokjin know it wouldn't exactly be the answer to the question he was hoping to ask...


---Across Town---

"Daehyun, please!" Yongguk checks the clock for the 3rd time in five minutes. "You don't need to eat before we head to dinner Dae, I'm paying, you can get whatever you want including dessert. just please," He sighs and grabs Daehyun's hands, causing him to drop the forkful of cheesecake he had been bringing to his lips "I can't lose these reservations!" 

Daehyun let himself be dragged down the walkway and towards a cab as Yongguk mumbled under his breath, and patted his jacket pocket. 

He didn't know what had gotten into his longtime boyfriend tonight, but he hoped that maybe, just maybe, Yongguk had decided to let him play with Jongup for a night. 

Daehyun grinned all the way to Chapter 2.

Elsewhere

"Jun, you almost ready babe?" SooHyun called as he fixed his suit in the mirror.

 It was a big night tonight, with it being Christmas Eve, His and Jun's 5th anniversary and the night he planned to propose.

Jun came into the room smiling and wrapped his arms around SooHyun.

"Of course I'm ready, But are you sure you want to go out?" Jun nuzzled SooHyun's shoulder. "I told you I was fine with staying home and cuddling."

SooHyun turned to give Jun a soft kiss. 

"I know, but let me just do this for you, okay? neither of us should have to cook tonight, and I promise we'll come right home and cuddle." 

Jun smiled 

"Alright, but the second we're back in this house we're on the couch, Mr."

SooHyun chuckled and led Jun out to the car, opening the door for him before heading around to get into the car himself.

Tonight was going to be a very memorable night. 

-----

One and a half hours later Soohyun, Yongguk, and Seokjin were all waiting for the police to finish their reports.

No one had expected the evening to unfold as it had, but unfortunately, some things are too odd to plan for. 

-----
Half an hour ago


"Gukkie, come on! I'm sure the food here is great, but I have a whole cheesecake at home" Daehyun whines to a very exasperated Yongguk who just wants to propose already. 

But, Yongguk knows that proposing to Daehyun in the entryway of a fancy restaurant will only lead to him sobbing and burning bacon at 3 in the morning after he learned Yongguk's original plan. 

It was best for everyone if they at least made it through the appetizers. 

Jun chuckled at what he assumed was the new couple in front of him, one man pouting, the other looking like he was ready to leave as they waited for a seat. 

SooHyun shakes his head and looks behind them to see another couple walking up.

Seokjin leads Hoseok up to the restaurant's entrance with his hands over his eyes, the man constantly talking, trying to guess where his boyfriend had taken them to for Christmas Eve. 

Both his previous guesses of 'Ice skating arena'  and 'panther preserve' had been laughed at. needless to say, Hoseok shrieked in delight when Seokjin let him see where they were. Hoseok had been wanting to come here with Seokjin for months. the two shared a kiss, the two couples in front of them letting out a chuckle and an "awe" or two. 

Everything was going perfectly until the couples were seated and orders were placed.


"Gukkie! It's taking too long, why did we even have to come here tonight?" Daehyun crossed his arms and pouted before continuing. "We were supposed to exchange our gifts tonight so we could visit our families tomorrow." 

Yongguk was too distracted to answer. he hoped the ring was going to be okay in the chef's hands until it made it back to their table.   

Seokjin rolled his eyes at the other man, hoping it wouldn't ruin His and Hoseok's big night. Seokjin could admit that he'd come close to the level the other man -Daehyun, if he heard right- was reaching, but that had only been when he was extremely hangry. 

Hoseok smiled at him and Seokjin's worries over tonight slowly began to melt.

SooHyun was so lost in Jun's gaze at the moment that nothing else mattered. he'd tuned everything else out and was focusing solely on the fact that, when dessert arrived, He'd be the happiest man alive.

-- In the Kitchen. --

Chef Himchan picked up three ring boxes and read the note beside them.  The way Jongup had quickly scrawled it left Himchan wondering why man really needed options for an engagement ring. it should come from the heart, and as long as it did nothing else mattered, right?

He looked at the only name on the note beside Jongup's.

Oh. Jung Daehyun. He knew the man but refused to like him based purely on the fact that Daehyun shamelessly flirted with Jongup the first time they'd ever met.   

He shook his head and put the finishing touches on the dinners before him, sending each of them out to their correct tables.

Now, he just needed to work on the engagement cheesecake from hell.

After the three couples had finished their dinners, it was the moment of truth.  

the desserts were brought out, looking beautiful. Every detail the men in the restaurant asked for was present, except, in SooHyun and Seojin's cases the most important detail.

Where were the rings?

Seokjin deflated slightly, then grew angry as he headed back to the kitchen, prepared to give Himchan the worst lecture of his life.

Soohyun had excused himself from the table only moments later, walking towards the kitchen to see if maybe the chef had made a mistake or simply forgot to place the ring in the correct spot. 

Himchan greeted the men at the same time, as one started calmly asking about his -soon to be fiances- engagement ring missing.

The other man started yelling, panicked over the same issue.

Himchan paled, quickly explaining to the men and showing them the instructions Jongup had written. 

They looked toward the desert between the other couple as one of them started quickly eating it. The other panicking and telling him to slow down.


But, by the time they reached the table, it was too late. 

The desert was completely gone. Yongguk had burst into tears and Daehyun was looking confused as the Chef, the waiter and two of the other diners ran to the table.


Himchan fainted, Jongup- the waiter- barely catching him.

SooHyun looked like he was going to cry.

Seokjin grabbed Daehyun by the shirt collar and shook him.

"Do you realize what you just ate?!?! You've got a $10,000 ring in your stomach right now!!!"

Hoseok gasped and walked over.

"Jin, does that mean?" 

Seokjin nodded at his boyfriend. "I planned to ask you to marry me, but now..." he let go of Daehyun and motioned to his stomach.

SooHyun cleared his throat. "A slight correction... He has two 10,000 dollar rings in his stomach...." He looked down and sighed. Jun walked over to him and gave him a tight hug. "Oh, Soohyunnie! Were you going to ask me? Tonight? Jun teared up and squeezed his lover tight. "I don't even need the ring, SooHyun, My answer is yes!" 

Yongguk lifted his head tears streaming down his cheeks. "DaeDae, you ate 30,000 dollars worth of rings tonight.... I brought you here to give you the gift you just ate... this isn't how I planned on proposing."

Daehyun teared up. He'd figure out how to get the rings back. as gross as that thought was, but more importantly, Yongguk had just proposed to him... He was in shock, which is why no one can blame him for what came out of his mouth.

", I thought the dessert here was rich, but I would never have guessed it was that rich."

No one could blame Seokjin for punching him in the face, or the brawl that broke out after Daehyun's pun, either.

Now they just needed to wait for the police to clear everything up, and they could all head to Yongguk and Daehyun's apartment until they got their rings - or money for said rings-  back.

And Since Yongguk wasn't wealthy and had worked a long time for the ring he'd picked out for Daehyun, so it looked like they were going to be here awhile.


JFC. I did it. A bit of Christmas Crack for One of my longest known friends, I enjoyed writing this and figuring out how your ships would work together in different scenarios. Sorry, i had to punch Dae! XD  I hope you like it! 

Anyway, Happy Holidays Everyone! 

-Miki